Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Will prices of the witches festival masks go up once the event is over?

Cazic
Cazic
✭✭✭✭✭
What do you guys think?

Makes sense to me that once these items aren't attainable in game anymore, that the prices in guild stores will go up. Just looking for some thoughts or opinions on how this will go.

I have one extra mask and am trying to decide whether I should sell it now or hang on to it.
  • mb10
    mb10
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This is a very simple example of demand and supply.

Once supply stops and the demand goes up because its a limited time only item, the prices will always increase.

Increase doesnt necessarily mean 500k though. They are about 40k now so the increase could become 80k or something over time maybe even 100k but that just depends on ZOS ever bringing them back.

They could be back next halloween or from crown crates which will make their prices fall but if they never ever come back then expect their prices to definitely continue to increase over time
  • Cazic
    Cazic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mb10 wrote: »
    This is a very simple example of demand and supply.

Once supply stops and the demand goes up because its a limited time only item, the prices will always increase.

Increase doesnt necessarily mean 500k though. They are about 40k now so the increase could become 80k or something over time maybe even 100k but that just depends on ZOS ever bringing them back.

They could be back next halloween or from crown crates which will make their prices fall but if they never ever come back then expect their prices to definitely continue to increase over time

Yeah, my thoughts exactly. Only time will tell how much of an increase we'll see.

When I found my first mask they were selling for around 50k, and by the time I found my third they were going for around 35-40k. This is on PC NA.
  • Cazic
    Cazic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    deleted (wrong thread)
    Edited by Cazic on October 31, 2016 5:30PM
  • SolidusPrime
    SolidusPrime
    ✭✭✭✭
    I put one of each up in trade channel yesterday for 60k each and was instantly flooded with offers. PC NA

People still want them pretty badly, and I suspect that will only increase after the event is over.
  • Cazic
    Cazic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I put one of each up in trade channel yesterday for 60k each and was instantly flooded with offers. PC NA

People still want them pretty badly, and I suspect that will only increase after the event is over.

Nice. That's good news!

Have you noticed the pumpkin mask selling for a little less than scarecrow, or are they usually the same? My MM price for pumpkin is about 10k less than scarecrow.
  • SolidusPrime
    SolidusPrime
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cazic wrote: »

Nice. That's good news!

Have you noticed the pumpkin mask selling for a little less than scarecrow, or are they usually the same? My MM price for pumpkin is about 10k less than scarecrow.

Not necessarily selling for less, but I do see just a tad bit more requests for the pumpkin than the scarecrow...but only by a tiny margin.
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm putting my life savings into Grinstone Futures. Plus a little extra from Quillet Bochur because she's a bull in a bear market and I like that.
    signing off