The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Gear for PVe

ESOMark
ESOMark
Hey guys was wondering what gear set I should use for pve. I am currently a magicka dk with all heavy armor and was wondering what set to run for pve. Dungeons, msa, etc. I am making a destro resto healing build so I just need some input on what set to run. Thanks
  • McI
    McI
    ✭✭✭
    If you are running a Destro/Restro healing build, I would ditch the heavy armor. You can do 5 light, 1 medium, 1 heavy if you have undaunted passive, or run 5 light 2 heavy if you don't have it yet.

If you are just looking for crafted sets as you level up, you can't really go wrong with 5 Julianos to start with.
  • SolarCat02
    SolarCat02
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Light armor is better than heavy. Magicka DKs have a lot of great damage self-healing, and light armor will really boost your magicka sustainability. (As I used to always say about my Dragonknight, "If I run out of magicka, I am dead.)

My Dragonknight healer can not only heal effectively but has also heal-tanked when grouped without a tank, including some rather interesting runs of Veteran White Gold Tower. If you are worried about survivability you can do heavy chest, medium legs, and the rest light.

I agree with the suggestion of Julianos. It's an awesome crafted set, and even good for most endgame content (excluding veteran Trials). I am not such a good resource for seconds sets, unless you want to talk about playing a healer instead of a damage dealer.

The Infallible Aether jewelry is currently considered the best, although that requires running Craglorn Trials. Willpower jewelry is still in solid second place. You can re-enchant the jewelry with Spell Power enchants ("Spell Harm"). If you are still leveling, I generally do not bother with set jewelry, but just pick up things with the Arcane trait (or Healthy if you are feeling too squishy).

If you are endgame, the current favorite monster helm seems to be the one from Crypt of Hearts I. If you are still leveling, of course, don't worry about this right now! No sense worrying about getting endgame gear until you are lvl 50 with at least 160 Champion Points.
    Why be normal when you can be better?

Elissandra Ravenwing, Magicka Dragonknight Healer
    Lady Kalila, Stamina Templar DPS
    Stands-in-Danger, Nightblade Saptank
    Zalarah, Stamina Dragonknight DPS