The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Will I ever get my Screenshots back? :(

SerasWhip
SerasWhip
✭✭✭✭
Hi all,

I play the game on the Steam platform, I had an issue with the app and I had to remove it from my computer. Eventually I wasn't aware of the fact that my games that are downloaded from Steam would also be deleted since it doesn't give off any warnings. Now I have lost 50 games with all their remnants included and I will be downloading them back but it seems like I will never have my progress back.

The only thing I am sad about are my screenshots on ESO, I have a 350 hours of playtime and I had like 200 screenshots that I used to adore, everytime I share one of those on Steam I would get hundreds of likes and I would spend a hell lot of time to take the right picture. So that was something that added another aspect of joy to the game for me. Now I re-downloaded the game and I see that they are gone, I really lost my playing motivation and I need help to recover them.

You think they are gone for good? Or since this game also saves data on the ESO's online servers, is there any chance for me to recover them somehow?

• BigBragg
    BigBragg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is a Steam issue if you used it to take the screen shots. If you used the ingame controls, then they are under Documents, photos, and the Elder Scrolls. Guessing it was Steam since you uploaded them for likes and whatnot.
    Options
  • AzraelKrieg
    AzraelKrieg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Screenshots are saved locally so if the data files were deleted, they will be gone too.
    Gold Dragons Guildmaster PC-NACR2000+
    Kalthar Wolf-Brother – EP Templar - 50 Maeli Valen - EP NB - 50Naps-During-Trials – EP Templar - 50Rulnakh - EP Sorc - 50Azrael Krieg - EP NB – 50Uvithasa Telvanni – EP DK – 50More-Tail - EP Warden - 50Narile Galen - EP Sorc - 50Bone Soldier - EP Necro - 50Naps-During-Trails - EP Necro - 50
    Options
  • SerasWhip
    SerasWhip
    ✭✭✭✭
    BigBragg wrote: »
    This is a Steam issue if you used it to take the screen shots. If you used the ingame controls, then they are under Documents, photos, and the Elder Scrolls. Guessing it was Steam since you uploaded them for likes and whatnot.

should I ask for help on Steam then? I am pretty much in a desparate state right now
    Options
  • BigBragg
    BigBragg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, ask Steam. All of them that you have uploaded should still be there. Just look into the profile from a browser, and you can save them to your computer from there.
    Options