The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Build test request: Tank with Knight Errant & Master Sword

Savos_Saren
Savos_Saren
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
Good evening Tanks!

Could anyone please test the Knight Errant set with a Master Sword? I'm working on a few different gear builds and I think the best would be the following:

Argonian (5% Healing Recieved/Given) Or Imperial (10% chance to gain 6% of your health on a melee attack) Dragonknight w/ 5 Knight Errant, 5 Akaviri Dragonguard, 1 Master Sword, and 1 Troll King (or 1 Sentinel of Rkugamz).

From what I can gather, an Argonian would get 16% healing done/recieved from racial passives, Dragonguard, & Troll King, 2128 max health + 774 max health +9% max health from armor + 3507 health[b] EVERY TIME YOU HIT WITH A PUNCTURE ABILITY[/b], master weapon, and passives, 3% max magicka + 129 magicka recovery from racial passive and Dragonguard, 15% reduced ultimate cost (from dragonguard), and 129 weapon damage + 200 extra weapon damage with 1H/S abilities.

Want to enjoy the game more? Try both PvP (crybabies) and PvE (carebears). You'll get a better perspective on everyone's opinion.

PC NA AD
Savos Saren
  • AverageJo3Gam3r
    AverageJo3Gam3r
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Knight errant is gonna be good, especially in PvP. For PvE tanking, I'd replace dragon guard with tavas and drop the master sword and monster 1 piece for bloodspawn. The ult gain makes up for less self healing due to battle roar passives. Plus, more warhorns means faster clears.
  • Bandit1215
    Bandit1215
    ✭✭✭
    Keep this build on the DL, I was theory crafting this on PTS and have been trying to get the build together for PvP cancer. Stamsorc healING with critical surge, knight errant and master sword.
    Edited by Bandit1215 on October 8, 2016 2:36AM
    CP 561
    • vSO HM - Completed
    • vAA - Completed
    • vHRC - Completed

• AverageJo3Gam3r
    AverageJo3Gam3r
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Time to dust off my fasallas... :trollface:
  • Savos_Saren
    Savos_Saren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I just finished tanking vCOA II with Knight's Errant, Akaviri Dragonguard, and 2 Bloodspawn on my Argonian DK hybrid. Easy peasy.
    Want to enjoy the game more? Try both PvP (crybabies) and PvE (carebears). You'll get a better perspective on everyone's opinion.

PC NA AD
    Savos Saren
  • DephlaterMouse
    DephlaterMouse
    ✭✭✭
    I was thinking of combining 5 Knights Errant with 5 leaching plate, and 2 piece Tremorscale.

(DW/S&B)
    USA to New Zealand transplant.
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Ferrofluid uses it with Tremorscale I think. He whooped my stamblade's ass with it, I only saw his health bar dip a couple times, pretty OP combo combined with major mending.
    PC EU
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    **** phone
    Edited by WillhelmBlack on October 26, 2016 6:09PM
    PC EU
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't make me bring back my "SnB fotm" thread that has this build listed from months ago...
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Gargath
    Gargath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't have K.E.M. set yet but I'm working to get it for my tank too.
    So far I tested only my Master Sword CP130 which I luckily got with Infused trait :).
    Gold sword is 20% more from Infused so my basic healing was 2460.
    zbvXkFS.png

With crafted Torug's Pact 5 pcs. set. +30% and 84CP put in Blessed (The Apprentice) +22,1%
    I got 3906 healing
    4ZCnSny.jpg

By the use of Igneous Shields +25% I got 4882 healing :)
    pzZyGtX.jpg

Now if CP130 Infused would be changed to CP160 Infused and added Knight Errant's Mail as second 5 pcs. set - would be awesome B) .
    Edited by Gargath on October 27, 2016 12:16PM
    PC EU (PL): 14 characters. ESO player since 06.08.2015. Farkas finest quote: "Some people don't think I'm smart. Those people get my fist. But you, I like."
  • Savos_Saren
    Savos_Saren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @Gargath

Wait... hold up. Torug's Pact now enhances Master's Weapons?!?!

I remember I thought about making a build with Torug's to enhance my Master's Weapon... but everyone said that it doesn't change the stats.

Edit: I don't think Torug's increased the Master's Sword weapon enchantment. I think the 84 points you put toward "Blessed" increased it. I could be wrong, though. If Torug's actually works on Master's Weapons- it should increase your healing received and increase the secondary health bonus, too.

Can you confirm?
    Edited by Savos_Saren on October 29, 2016 1:43AM

PC NA AD
    Savos Saren
  • Gargath
    Gargath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, I can confirm for sure, Torug's Pact set increases the healing effect on Master Sword (although it's weird that the secondary enchantment's effect "Adds 885 Maximum Health" isn't affected).

To make sure of this I bought a batch of iron ingots and crafted testing set of lvl 1 Torug's Pact and indeed value was increased by 30%.

You can also see it on my screenshots:
    First shows basic healing 2460.
    +30% from Torug's = 3198
    +22,1% from Blessed (The Apprentice) CP = ~ 3906 - as on screenshot :).

I think if I have problems in getting Knight Errant's Mail set, my tank could use also a secondary set from Healer's Habit to "Gain Minor Mending, increasing healing done by 8%" to increase Sword's healing of next 313 to 4219, and then with Major Mending from Igneous Shields next +25% to total 5273 basic Sword's healing.

But obviously Knight Errant's Mail is much better (~1000 more basic healing)... I could have 6200-6300 with Igneous Shields, which would be pure esctasy :D .

Edit: I noticed also that having Master Sword and 5 pcs. Torug's Pact and 2 pcs. Monster Set, I will have to sacrifice 1 Monster piece (and so the main 2-nd monster passive) if I want 5 pcs. Knight Errant's Mail. Then I would probably change actual Blood Spawn for 1 pc. Sentinel of Rkugamz or Troll King, becuase both offer extra "(1 items) Adds 2% Healing Done"...
    I'll continue testing once I got all the above pieces, sadly it takes a lot of time...
    Edited by Gargath on October 29, 2016 1:02PM
    PC EU (PL): 14 characters. ESO player since 06.08.2015. Farkas finest quote: "Some people don't think I'm smart. Those people get my fist. But you, I like."
  • Gargath
    Gargath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I admit my kind of builds suffered much after ZOS messed with Master Sword.
    It wasn't their best decision in my opinion. No longer a weapon I'd die for like before. Still some option for tanks but much less desirable, with these average stats.

6tEUOSf.jpg

I already changed for hardening glyph but because it's CP130 it's not the highest shield so not sure if it's a good choice.

Edited by Gargath on December 2, 2017 12:09PM
  • Savos_Saren
    Savos_Saren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @Gargath when it comes to the heal from the Master Sword- what constellation in the Champion points increases it? Healing recieved or direct damage? With the updated Master Sword- ar least you get higher resistances as well.

PC NA AD
    Savos Saren
  • Sixty5
    Sixty5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The setup works fine, but the issue with it is more that you aren't really gaining much in the way of damage for you or the group by running that sort of thing over more meta tank setups.

Yes you are going to have slightly better solo survivability with it, and that is what makes the setup work well in PVP, but for PVE, the ability of a tank to survive on their own isn't of massive importance, and even so this setup doesn't really boost it much higher than it normally is anyway on tanks.

So yeah, interesting idea that works pretty well in PVP, but tends to be mediocre in PVE
    Lord and Savior of the Association of Serious S***posters.

I play a character called "Gives Me Wood Elf" because I am a mature and sensible person.
    Stam Sorc main in Battlegrounds
  • Gargath
    Gargath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jaburns wrote: »
    @Gargath when it comes to the heal from the Master Sword- what constellation in the Champion points increases it?

I think it should be like before, so Apprentice and Blessed - healing done.
    Edited by Gargath on December 2, 2017 12:24PM
  • Surgee
    Surgee
    ✭✭✭✭
    Good evening Tanks!

Could anyone please test the Knight Errant set with a Master Sword? I'm working on a few different gear builds and I think the best would be the following:

Argonian (5% Healing Recieved/Given) Or Imperial (10% chance to gain 6% of your health on a melee attack) Dragonknight w/ 5 Knight Errant, 5 Akaviri Dragonguard, 1 Master Sword, and 1 Troll King (or 1 Sentinel of Rkugamz).

From what I can gather, an Argonian would get 16% healing done/recieved from racial passives, Dragonguard, & Troll King, 2128 max health + 774 max health +9% max health from armor + 3507 health[b] EVERY TIME YOU HIT WITH A PUNCTURE ABILITY[/b], master weapon, and passives, 3% max magicka + 129 magicka recovery from racial passive and Dragonguard, 15% reduced ultimate cost (from dragonguard), and 129 weapon damage + 200 extra weapon damage with 1H/S abilities.

I run knights errant for a looong time. Extra weapon damage is cool if you only use 1hs abilities but the heal is not so great anymore.
    PVE - for it to be significant you need to spam puncture which is pointless and will make you run out of stamina really quickly. The heal is not good enough and besides, if you're a good tank you won't need it anyway.
    PVP - the heal effect in pvp is reduced like 50% (don't remember exactly but it's pretty poor). It's so small it hardly makes any difference. I was really excited about it until I've learnt about the pvp nerf of errants heal and imperial passive heal.
  • Gargath
    Gargath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Btw Master set needs now 2 slots, so it throws away any buff from monster piece.
    Just 2 full 5 pcs. sets and the Master 2 pieces. Another reason to dislike actual Master settings.
  • Savos_Saren
    Savos_Saren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @Gargath Technically- you could run a 5pc set, 2pc Monster set, and 3pc jewelry set.

PC NA AD
    Savos Saren
  • Gargath
    Gargath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Technically- you could run a 5pc set, 2pc Monster set, and 3pc jewelry set.
    True and I probably should check how it goes. I never used any build based on 3 pcs. jewellery set. If only was a jewellery set for boosting HP like the Green Pact does :) .

• Savos_Saren
    Savos_Saren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @Gargath if you think about it- you could get high resistance and self heals from Master Sword and Knight’s Errant. Add the Cyrodiil jewelry set, Potentates, for faster warhorns and then whichever Monster Set of your choosing.

PC NA AD
    Savos Saren
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    IMO, try lingering health pots, master's 1h&s, 7th Legion on the body, and you can run either 3x agility with an asylum battle axe or you can do jewelry + 5 piece set back bar.
    Adenoma-Badenoma-Sadenoma
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gargath wrote: »
    Btw Master set needs now 2 slots, so it throws away any buff from monster piece.
    Just 2 full 5 pcs. sets and the Master 2 pieces. Another reason to dislike actual Master settings.

I run master S/b on my front bar and have five dragonguard on my back bar with warhorn and ebon and bloodspawn, so I am 5/5/2/2. There are other sets that only need to be on one bar to work. Got to have a little imagination.
  • SmellyUnlimited
    SmellyUnlimited
    ✭✭✭✭
    Adenoma wrote: »
    IMO, try lingering health pots, master's 1h&s, 7th Legion on the body, and you can run either 3x agility with an asylum battle axe or you can do jewelry + 5 piece set back bar.

He’s a tank. Shouldn’t ever be running a two-hander. Whatever ultimate he gets from Asylum 2h (which means he also has to now slot reverse slice) is negligible compared to blocking/resistance from shield.
    DO. NOT. WIPE. (in game OR out!)