Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Hair color pack in the store please

Daraugh
Daraugh
✭✭✭✭✭
Now that we have hair styles and adorments etc, can we get a hair color pack? Actually hair and skin tones together would be awesome!
May all beings have happiness
May they be free from suffering
May they find the joy that has never known suffering
May they be free from attachment and hatred
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All of my YES.

Inb4 black is restricted to literally every race but Altmer.
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • Uphz
    Uphz
    ✭✭✭
    Black hair for altmer pls
  • Daraugh
    Daraugh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Abeille wrote: »
    All of my YES.

My favorite earrings are listed as Imperial earrings but I've always thought they looked more Nord. I was *thrilled* to find out I can wear them on every human race! It's better than just a creation screen revisit, I'm sure every hair color could be opened up for each race. There's a precedent! :)
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Daraugh wrote: »
    All of my YES.

My favorite earrings are listed as Imperial earrings but I've always thought they looked more Nord. I was *thrilled* to find out I can wear them on every human race! It's better than just a creation screen revisit, I'm sure every hair color could be opened up for each race. There's a precedent! :)

I hope so! But it just sounds the kind of stuff that would happen to me, with my luck :P

The same happened to hair styles, too. There is a style that was available to every mer but Orsimer in the character creator, and now my Orc can wear it because of the hair style pack. It's great.
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:

Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • AlienSlof
    AlienSlof
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    All of my YES too.

Pretty please with sweetrolls. And CHEESE! :D
    Bionic Crazy Cat Lady
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would be nice to change hair color
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Uphz wrote: »

+1 This. Give black hair or at least give a reason why it isn't there.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

They told me it is not lore friendly.

All the Altmer npc in the game that have black hair disagree.

Meet my characters:

• WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

...I don't care if that was Loremaster Schick himself, they were hitting the skooma when they said that. Pop open the Skyrim Creation Kit some time and black is a valid color for Altmer there too. (I will freely admit to not having checked Morrowind or Oblivion.)

#proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    A useful explanation for how RNG works
  • Saoirse_Siobhan
    Saoirse_Siobhan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hair colour change should have been included with the hairstyle pack. My character had a Buzz cut, she was supposed to be blond but it just made her look bald with the Buzz cut so I had to make the hair darker. I was surprised when I got the hairstyle pack and changed her hair to a longer cut only to find she ended up more of a red-head. Oh well.
    PC/EU DC
  • ListerJMC
    ListerJMC
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You know, I made another Altmer recently and I think he'd look so much better with black hair instead of dark brown. I would absolutely love the option, especially since NPCs have it!

Along the same lines, Altmer NPCs also have darker eye colours that we don't have access to. For example, it's not the easiest to see but this is an Altmer NPC with brown eyes (right) next to my character with the darkest brown possible in character creation (left):

F90GKEK40bUoos78tYGlUaafOvwOLPIom2-edU-lTh-HZbrLfosyj-G8O0p3T92f-lg-rQd9zQ=w1080-h608-rw-no

Note that this is not the only Altmer NPC with this colour, and there's another brown that's even darker than this that some others have. So I'd like to add eye colours to this list, hopefully they give us the bonus colours that NPCs have access to some day!
    All of my YES.

The earrings that I would like for my male Redguard, gold hoops, are listed as female only :(. I hope that gets changed, or if not more earrings are added for males.
    PC NA & EU || Mammoth Guilds - Victory or Valhalla || Altmer sorcerer main
    "Wood Elves aren't made of wood. Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves."
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

...I don't care if that was Loremaster Schick himself, they were hitting the skooma when they said that. Pop open the Skyrim Creation Kit some time and black is a valid color for Altmer there too. (I will freely admit to not having checked Morrowind or Oblivion.)

It was some random support person I think. They said the color limits matched the lore of each race, then I entered the bank in Vulkhel Guard and the female banker was a black-haired Altmer :T

I remember very little about Morrowind, so I can't say if it had black hair for Altmer (also I played as a Bosmer back then so I probably didn't even check the options for Altmer). Oblivion had it, but to be fair Oblivion doesn't have color limits (it doesn't have many limits in the character creator as a whole). Skyrim, well, I hesitated back then to use it as an example because my Skyrim had been modded beyond recognition and I couldn't remember what was vanilla anymore. I still responded with "but it was possible on previous titles" but I got no answer after that. But I don't think any of this matters, there are Altmer NPCs with black hair in this game, so why can't mine have black hair in the same game?

Meet my characters:

• BigBragg
    BigBragg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
  • BlackPhillip
    BlackPhillip
    ✭✭✭
    Developers of this game hate money$$$?! This should have been in the game ages ago. Sadly I would have bought 4 :disappointed:
    ASSASMITE COVEN
    FRIENDLY DUNGEOUN RUNNERS
    ANGRY UNICORN TRADERS

Blackphillip Redguard Stamina Nightblade
    Blackphillip Da Goat Dark Elf Magicka Nightblade
  • Daraugh
    Daraugh
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It was some random support person I think. They said the color limits matched the lore of each race, then I entered the bank in Vulkhel Guard and the female banker was a black-haired Altmer :T

I remember very little about Morrowind, so I can't say if it had black hair for Altmer (also I played as a Bosmer back then so I probably didn't even check the options for Altmer). Oblivion had it, but to be fair Oblivion doesn't have color limits (it doesn't have many limits in the character creator as a whole). Skyrim, well, I hesitated back then to use it as an example because my Skyrim had been modded beyond recognition and I couldn't remember what was vanilla anymore. I still responded with "but it was possible on previous titles" but I got no answer after that. But I don't think any of this matters, there are Altmer NPCs with black hair in this game, so why can't mine have black hair in the same game?

I don't believe that person knew why, so they just used the end-all backup argument, "uhhhh, lore?" Even if they aren't born with black hair, they could dye it! There's walking skeletons that look human until the enchantment goes away, so I think Tamrielians could handle hair color changes. On the same note, no red hair for Khajiit? There's Raz of course, but there's a few redheaded Khajiit npcs.
  • Mr_Apollo
    Mr_Apollo
    ✭✭✭
    Yes...pink hair for a nord...or perhaps you want purple for altmer? Why not have blue bear and purple hair now that youre at it? People complain about immersion..im curious to see what [snip]fest would happen if this was to be implemented
    "Am I truly lost? Is this the end of me? Perhaps...just like all stories have a beginning, all of them will have an ending"
    ~Brelin Geolas

"The Divines gave you a nose for a reason, Tharn. So you can keep your mouth shut and still keep breathing"
    ~Lyris Titanborn

"It is good the people wear clothing. M'aiq wears clothing. Who would want to see M'aiq naked? Sick, sick people. Very sad."
    ~M'aiq the Liar
    Kornwalsky - Dunmer - Nightblade
    Tinker Knight - Khajiit - DragonKnight
    Erenimir - Altmer - Sorcerer
    M'zorna - Orc - Sorcerer
    Kristof Nordgård - Breton - Templar

• Daraugh
    Daraugh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mr_Apollo wrote: »
    Yes...pink hair for a nord...or perhaps you want purple for altmer? Why not have blue bear and purple hair now that youre at it? People complain about immersion..im curious to see what [snip]fest would happen if this was to be implemented

Those colors aren't available at the creation screen so why would they appear in a color pack? The only things available in all of the packs so far only include what already exists. Rather heavy handed try to derail the thread.
  • Mr_Apollo
    Mr_Apollo
    ✭✭✭

Those colors aren't available at the creation screen so why would they appear in a color pack? The only things available in all of the packs so far only include what already exists. Rather heavy handed try to derail the thread.

Purple does appear (a very reddish one), and so does the other colours for argonians so technically they do appear in the creation screen. Not to mention they did say dyed, so Dye Station, Dye station has every colour you unlock. Perhaps not trying to derail a thread but rather making a point.
    "Am I truly lost? Is this the end of me? Perhaps...just like all stories have a beginning, all of them will have an ending"
    ~Brelin Geolas

"The Divines gave you a nose for a reason, Tharn. So you can keep your mouth shut and still keep breathing"
    ~Lyris Titanborn

"It is good the people wear clothing. M'aiq wears clothing. Who would want to see M'aiq naked? Sick, sick people. Very sad."
    ~M'aiq the Liar
    M'zorna - Orc - Sorcerer

• Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Purple does appear (a very reddish one), and so does the other colours for argonians so technically they do appear in the creation screen. Not to mention they did say dyed, so Dye Station, Dye station has every colour you unlock. Perhaps not trying to derail a thread but rather making a point.

Argonian "hair" colors would most likely be restricted to them in a hair color pack, like their "hair styles" and adornments are restricted to them in the hair style and adornment packs respectively.

We are asking for a pack that works on the same way that the hair style and adornment packs work already. No one here asked for any crazy colors, unless you think black for Altmer and red for Khajiit are crazy (which can't be the case, as there are npcs that have those colors already in the game.

Meet my characters:

• Mr_Apollo
    Mr_Apollo
    ✭✭✭

Argonian "hair" colors would most likely be restricted to them in a hair color pack, like their "hair styles" and adornments are restricted to them in the hair style and adornment packs respectively.

We are asking for a pack that works on the same way that the hair style and adornment packs work already. No one here asked for any crazy colors, unless you think black for Altmer and red for Khajiit are crazy (which can't be the case, as there are npcs that have those colors already in the game.

If certain restrictions were to be in place I'm sure that could work, just hope ZoS doesn't [snip] it up with a single request
    ~Brelin Geolas

~Lyris Titanborn

~M'aiq the Liar
    M'zorna - Orc - Sorcerer

• bellanca6561n
    bellanca6561n
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    *tried to think of an online game without hair dyes...other than ESO*
  • wayfarerx
    wayfarerx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Do it ZOS, take our money!
    @wayfarerx - PC / North America / Aldmeri Dominion
  • Hazazi
    Hazazi
    Soul Shriven
    Literally registered to support this. Need this pack.. badly..
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agreed!
    Also, WTB a makeup pack with an ability to use facepaint and scars at the same time, and to use human brows on my elven characters (and vice versa).
    Oh, and less gender-restricted hairstyles and adornments, please! I'd like to use that Imperial male haircut on one of my female chars. :( If Zeira can, why cant I?
    1fcd03f2c424f269d64ed9ec5f339d6c.jpg
    Edited by LadyNalcarya on November 12, 2016 12:09PM
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Voice of Reason

PC/EU
  • Skelfish
    Skelfish
    ✭✭✭
    Seriously. Why do NPCs get hair colors, styles, and accessories that players don't have access to? Sure, it's only cosmetic, but it's still a bit unfair in a series that offers so much else able to be customized. I'd settle for an NPC Pack that merely unlocks unavailable objects to players.
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Skelfish wrote: »
    Seriously. Why do NPCs get hair colors, styles, and accessories that players don't have access to? Sure, it's only cosmetic, but it's still a bit unfair in a series that offers so much else able to be customized. I'd settle for an NPC Pack that merely unlocks unavailable objects to players.

It is super unfair! Do you know the face markings the orcs of the Morkul Clan in Wrothgar wear?
    They are not available to the Orcs in the Character Creator, but they are available to the Bosmer. Let that sink in...
    Edited by Abeille on November 13, 2016 1:39PM

Meet my characters:

• TatouFilou
    UP!!!!!
  • Yzalirk
    Yzalirk
    ✭✭✭✭
    Skelfish wrote: »

I 100% agree with you. I would be more than happy to throw money ZOS’ way for this hair color pack as well as Jorunn the Skald-King’s hair and beard style. I love them and want them for my Nords. His hair color is not even an available option for Nords.
  • Gnortranermara
    Gnortranermara
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I came here to say this, but there's already a thread saying it sooo..... cosign.
  • Lapin_Logic
    Lapin_Logic
    ✭✭✭✭✭

also why are there only 2 Khajit in the game with red hair (mohawks)