The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Lag just took 2.1M off me...

Hortator Indoril Nerevar
Hortator Indoril Nerevar
✭✭✭✭✭
Hello everyone,

I had 4.7M and I went to put something into a guild store for 21k gold. Instead I was hit by a big lag spike and it went in for 210m which gave me a 2.1m gold fee.. So my gold instantly went to 2.6m and the item I put it would obviously never sell for 210m so I contacted support for help to redo the damage. I was coming here to ask people if anything like this has happen to them before and to see what people think are the chances of them reversing this..

I am a completionist. I dont play to pvp or fight people but I do play to max every pve achievement in the game. I had 96% of it done before the update and a large portion left to do was buy the motifs. I even paid really money for the motif they only sold in the store and some cosmetics like the alliance hood. I understand 2.6m (what I have left) is a lot but its not even enough to buy all the remaining motifs I need. With the 4.7m I could of done it and had some spare to keep playing. I was hoping to have bough it all and then just use real money to stay on top of motifs that come out.

With this hit I am unable to even continue playing I think.. I work a lot in real life now so getting millions of gold is not possible for me anymore and if I dont have the 4.7 to get close to the 100% pve achievement mark than my whole reason for playing is both gone and impossible because of one stupid mistake when I got a lag spike.

I really hope they can help and refund my gold back. I will be crushed if I get this close to 100% pve achievements and I need to quit..

Thank you everyone and have a great day.
  • Airemyn
    Airemyn
    Soul Shriven
    I've always had really good luck with support fixing stuff like this. I've never had 2 million disappear but I've had some gold and items disappear while being deposited to a guild bank and support fixed it. They have always been super fast and helpful for me... Just make sure your email to them is clear and contains all of the information! Good luck, hope you get your issue sorted.
  • Hortator Indoril Nerevar
    Hortator Indoril Nerevar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Airemyn wrote: »
    I've always had really good luck with support fixing stuff like this. I've never had 2 million disappear but I've had some gold and items disappear while being deposited to a guild bank and support fixed it. They have always been super fast and helpful for me... Just make sure your email to them is clear and contains all of the information! Good luck, hope you get your issue sorted.

That makes me feel a lot better and I really hope so :)
  • LegendaryMage
    LegendaryMage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's what happens when you carry around with you 4+ millions. Use your bank, put the 'savings' there and this would have never happened. I hope support sorts it out for you and you learn a lesson. :)
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As long as you gave good details in your request, this should be sorted. There are logs of activity, so it is not too hard to verify what happened. You may have to reply to the emails a couple of times to get this in front of a human and not a bot, but a little persistence on your end should be all you need.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Hortator Indoril Nerevar
    Hortator Indoril Nerevar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's what happens when you carry around with you 4+ millions. Use your bank, put the 'savings' there and this would have never happened. I hope support sorts it out for you and you learn a lesson. :)

I agree I was so dumb.. I really hope so as well and will always put my gold in the bank now.. If I get it back :(
    Nestor wrote: »
    As long as you gave good details in your request, this should be sorted. There are logs of activity, so it is not too hard to verify what happened. You may have to reply to the emails a couple of times to get this in front of a human and not a bot, but a little persistence on your end should be all you need.

Thank you and everyone for letting me know. I will do and I also have a youtube channel which proves only a few days ago I had 4.7m gold cash and that is is not only 2.6m. I feel so stupid. So devastated.

It was right after I gave away a bunch of free rings and necks of spellweave arcane to people I was farming with as well, be nice and get owned ha..

I really hope this works out in the end because its killed my spirit pretty hard.