The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Elder Scrolls Vet Looking for some immersion.

Abjurist1
Abjurist1
Soul Shriven
Long time Elder Scrolls Fan, looking to join up with a guild interested in / focused on immersion. Can’t think of a better way to put it, but allow me to elaborate, and give a little background. I’ve been playing MMOs since Ultima Online (Just before Renaissance came out). That experience kind of broke me on what an MMO could be. I’m a lorehound, have a major soft spot for flavor and depth. I'm more concerned with how much marveling at the world I can do than how competitive my stats are. I enjoy all aspects of game play, though I tend to focus on PVE and Commerce/Exploration (I dig PVP, I’m just terrible at it). I enjoy RP, and while I miss the days of having to be at least somewhat in character (or risk being completely ignored by other players) These days I can just sort and filter my chat tabs; no harm, no foul.

The bottom line, is while I’m playing I like to feel as though I’m really existing in the world, and experiencing it through my character’s eyes. One of the best ways I’ve found to enhance that feeling is to surround myself with like minded players.

I’m not really a fan of voice chat, though I’m always willing to join a channel if serious coordination is needed for something big in game.

I look forward to meeting some like minded players, or at least being pointed in the right Direction.

Hope to see some, or all of you in game.

Region: North America (EDT)

Platform: PC

Main: Breton Sorceress ‘Melatheris’

If anyone has any suggestions, invites, or want to discuss a little more in depth, PM, reply or add/ Whisper Abjurist1 in game.

Thanks in advance!

• Malaena
    Malaena
    Following the thread and wondering if you had any luck finding a guild, OP?

I find myself in a similar position - Elder Scrolls fan for many years, enjoyed some previous MMO's, not a huge fan of voice chat, but I'll do it. Immersion is definitely a good word for what I'm seeking.

I'd also be looking for adult players, who would understand that occasionally the real world intrudes - I have kids and other responsibilities, as much as I'm a gamer to the core I need people around who are realistic about that.

Region: North America (EDT) Platform: PC

Main: "Malaena Turrogarz" - Orc Dragonknight
    Take life seriously, if taking life is your profession.
  • Abjurist1
    Abjurist1
    Soul Shriven
    Well, yes and no. I actually reconnected with my old guild from Wildstar. Remnants of Hope is a cross game community. PvX, RP, Crafting. I hooked back up with them because of my experience on Wildstar, friendly, welcoming, mature members, who understand when life gets in the way, and strive to create a real sense of community in-game and out. If you're still looking for a good guild, Check them out. They aren't a dedicated hardcore RP community, and I'm saving a guild slot for just that, but Remnants is a great place to start.

Tell em Greyman sent you and....well....they'll probably still give you a chance. Probably =D
  • RavenSworn
    RavenSworn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm writing this since I had a really good time with this guild. It's Lone Wolf Help, run by a lovely young woman @MissBizz and a cranky old chap @Nestor

The guild is casual, laid back, and simply will allow you to explore the world as much as you want at your pace. The guild does have their own activities but as far as I can tell as long as you can have a friendly chat it's all good.

Personally I joined their guild because they are laid back, there to help you at any time but not too intrusive such as a need to constantly update your work schedule.. I even have my own guild "Of Wolf and Raven" which is partly inspired by these amazing group of players.

Cheers!
    Ingame: RavenSworn, Pc / NA.

Of Wolf and Raven
    Solo / Casual guild for beginners and new players wanting to join the game. Pst me for invite!
  • Abjurist1
    Abjurist1
    Soul Shriven
    Thanks for the reply! I came in contact with another guild, The Forgotten Mages, that seems a friendly sort, @Jeanluc14 is looking for mages of all stripes and people with some experience to help out new players. Just in case this thread stil lhas some life.