Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Non grouped looting

Fikkan
Fikkan
✭✭
If there's shared kills by non grouped persons, does everyone get a separate issue of loot or is it one takes all or...?

I ask because I do like to keep a clean killing field and tend to loot what I kill, but I also don't want to be screwing anyone else over either if they helped me with a kill as they were passing by.

And on bosses. I jumped in on a battle with a boss on the beach on Daggerfalls AO. I assumed the others there were ok with it because I was getting heals as I tried to pitch in with tanking the boss. After the boss fell, there was loot I could take and it looked as if everyone else did some looting but the loot that showed available to me never changed.

So...

How's that work in this game?
If at first you don't succeed, LFG.

Best Answers

• runagate
    runagate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    First of all it's nice to see you being respectful of others. :)

Secondly don't worry about jumping in on fights on Overworld bosses. They're there for everyone. Especially now during the festival when seemingly every boss mob is camped.

I believe that one must do a certain percentage of damage to a boss (if not grouped) for "public" bosses to get a share, but it's not terribly high. It depends on your level/gear/CP. Even my level 22 character can easily get enough damage in on a low-health dolmen boss to get a share if I'm paying attention.

Groups share loot for non-public, "instanced" dungeon bosses like Trials and Group Dungeons. Otherwise poor healers wouldn't get a share. I've no idea what the percentage of damage is, but it's certainly not negligible inasmuch as you can easily be out-DPSed by much more powerful characters.

[ edit ] and welcome to the forums! I just noticed this is your first post.
    Edited by runagate on October 23, 2016 3:53AM
    Answer ✓
  • Fikkan
    Fikkan
    ✭✭
    @runagate:

Thanks for taking the time and effort to clue me up. I do appreciate it.
    If at first you don't succeed, LFG.
    Answer ✓