Maintenance for the week of May 20:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 20
• NA megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/658773

Collecting Impenetrable Numbers to Revise the Spreadsheet

Crown
Crown
✭✭✭✭✭
For those who are not aware, I put together an impenetrable calculations spreadsheet a while back and updated it recently.

Now, in One Tamriel update there is allegedly a change to Impenetrable (the amount you get from champion points per point).

We would all benefit from being certain that the actual calculations for damage have not changed - just the amount you get from CP.

If you and a friend have a moment, start a duel and hit each other WITH THE SAME ATTACK until you get a critical strike, then do the same thing while naked (no impen). Post here with the results in for format:

a. Critical Resistance (Impen) value
b. Damage you took from a normal attack
c. Damage you took from a critical strike

d. Critical Resistance (Impen) value (naked)
e. Damage you took from a normal attack
f. Damage you took from a critical strike

The last time I updated / validated the numbers I spent about three hours testing. It would be nice to avoid spending that time auto attacking (bored silly) if you can all take a few minutes each to submit numbers.

Thanks!
Edited by Crown on October 19, 2016 6:12PM
Crown | AD NB | First AD/NA Grand Overlord (2015/12/26)
PvP Guides @ DarkElves.com
  • Psilent
    Psilent
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for taking the time to do this research Crown. Very much appreciated!
    Options
  • RinaldoGandolphi
    RinaldoGandolphi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    My testing on the One Tamriel PTS showed that you needed 100 points of Crit resist to get 1% crit damage reduction vs 68 points of Crit resist to get 1% crit reduction prior to One Tamriel.

It doesn't effect just the CP Resistant tree, it effects Crit resist as a whole...on the One Tamriel PTS Impenetrable was 30% less effective in mitigating crit damage then it was on live....its safe to assume this change carried over to live.

My findings on the PTS when i tested briefly aligned with what @CylindricalBox came up with which in short is

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/298011/impenetrable-nerf

On live, Resistant grants 68 (1 point), 42 (2), 37 (3) ... up to 1699 Critical Resistance at 100 points.

On the PTS, Resistant grants 100 (1 point), 62 (2), 54 (3) ... up to 2499 Critical Resistance at 100 points.

On live, 68 Critical Resistance = 1% critical mitigation, meaning that one piece of gold CP160 Impenetrable armor grants 258 Critical Resistance ≈ 3.8% critical mitigation.

On the PTS, 100 Critical Resistance = 1% critical mitigation, meaning one piece of gold CP160 Impenetrable armor grants 258 Critical Resistance ≈ 2.6% critical mitigation.

Simply put The Impenetrable Trait is/should be 30% less effective in One Tam then it was prior...that is if the PTS changes stuck...I have not tested this on live, but if these changes from the PTS stuck then this should be a rough ballpark what your looking at...which probably means Impenetrable is not necessarily the BIS trait for pvp anymore depending on the build and class.

Im curious to see if ZOS changed this before One Tamriel went live...if they didn't..things could get interesting....
    Rinaldo Gandolphi-Breton Sorcerer Daggerfall Covenant
    Juste Gandolphi Dark Elf Templar Daggerfall Covenant
    Richter Gandolphi - Dark Elf Dragonknight Daggerfall Covenant
    Mathias Gandolphi - Breton Nightblade Daggerfall Covenant
    RinaldoGandolphi - High Elf Sorcerer Aldmeri Dominion
    Officer Fire and Ice
    Co-GM - MVP

Sorcerer's - The ONLY class in the game that is punished for using its class defining skill (Bolt Escape)

"Here in his shrine, that they have forgotten. Here do we toil, that we might remember. By night we reclaim, what by day was stolen. Far from ourselves, he grows ever near to us. Our eyes once were blinded, now through him do we see. Our hands once were idle, now through them does he speak. And when the world shall listen, and when the world shall see, and when the world remembers, that world will cease to be. - Miraak

Options
  • CylindricalBox
    CylindricalBox
    ✭✭✭
    Im curious to see if ZOS changed this before One Tamriel went live...if they didn't..things could get interesting....
    So, this is a bit weird since there was no mention of Critical Resistance in any recent patch notes, but since One Tamriel hit the live servers, the changes to the Resistant passive were reverted. Critical Resistance and Resistant function the same as last patch.

Just to clarify, I don't think the Critical Resistance formula itself was changed on the PTS. The Resistant passive was just giving more Critical Resistance than the tool tip indicated. Since the patch went live, the tool tip was updated and the passive appears to grant the same amount of resistance as it did last patch.
    Edited by CylindricalBox on October 19, 2016 8:42PM
    Box a.k.a. Ferdowsi (PC NA)
    Options
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, this is a bit weird since there was no mention of Critical Resistance in any recent patch notes, but since One Tamriel hit the live servers, the changes to the Resistant passive were reverted. Critical Resistance and Resistant function the same as last patch.

Just to clarify, I don't think the Critical Resistance formula itself was changed on the PTS. The Resistant passive was just giving more Critical Resistance than the tool tip indicated. Since the patch went live, the tool tip was updated and the passive appears to grant the same amount of resistance as it did last patch.

You'd think they would have mentioned it lol.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
    Options
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Players complain damage is out of control, so Wrobel nerfs Impen. Brilliant. I guess he did not feel his cheese was gooey or sticky enough.

Edited by zyk on October 19, 2016 8:51PM
    Options
  • fastolfv_ESO
    fastolfv_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    you know i did kind of feel impen was doing less, phased it out in my build and just relying on transmutation atm. Very disappointed to hear it may have been phantom nerfed
    Options
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zyk wrote: »
    Players complain damage is out of control, so Wrobel nerfs Impen. Brilliant. I guess he did not feel his cheese was gooey or sticky enough.

Granted, with impen + sharpened the only viable traits, he needed to adjust at least one of these within the next two patches.

Next patch will be about balance and hopefully the overall healing/dmg will be reviewed against a solid itemization list.
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
    Options
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    you know i did kind of feel impen was doing less, phased it out in my build and just relying on transmutation atm. Very disappointed to hear it may have been phantom nerfed

Still, a few of us should help out crown confirm this. I can help if someone else wants to volunteer.
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
    Options
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minno wrote: »
    zyk wrote: »

Granted, with impen + sharpened the only viable traits, he needed to adjust at least one of these within the next two patches.

Next patch will be about balance and hopefully the overall healing/dmg will be reviewed against a solid itemization list.

By nerfing impen, it becomes even more important to run as many pieces as possible -- generally speaking, as there are builds that do not benefit from it as much.

Regardless, nerfing impen before reducing its *need* is a bad idea. Without Impen, this game would be an even bigger joke atm.
    Options
  • Claire
    Claire
    ✭✭✭
    Crown wrote: »
    If you and a friend have a moment, start a duel and hit each other WITH THE SAME ATTACK until you get a critical strike, then do the same thing while naked (no impen).

Oh. You meant with my CHARACTER naked. How embarrassing!
    Options