The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Why am I unable to craft set items?

Velho
Velho
Soul Shriven
I have the required amount of traits researched, but all I'm seeing is the normal version of, let's say, a full-leather jack. Does this mean that I have to research the required amount of traits for all the craftable items at a clothing station? I was under the impression that if I wanted to craft a Twilight's Embrace jack, having three traits researched on that armor piece would allow me to craft one.

Best Answer

• Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Are you at the crafting station that is specifically for Twilight's Embrace?
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA
  • Velho
    Velho
    Soul Shriven
    Ilsabet wrote: »
    Are you at the crafting station that is specifically for Twilight's Embrace?

Yes, I'm at Vineshade Lodge.
  • CadenceRowan
    CadenceRowan
    ✭✭✭
    So, you are standing at the crafting station for Twilight's embrace, you should see options for set crafting and regular crafting.

If you select set crafting, and if you have the correct number of items researched for the piece you want to craft, and mats to craft it, you should be able to.

• Jennifur_Vultee
    Jennifur_Vultee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do you have 3 traits researched for the specific item you want to craft? If you have 3 traits researched on the top but nothing else then all you can craft is the top. You need 3 traits reserached for every piece you want to craft.
    "Whoever is careless with the truth in small matters cannot be trusted with important matters." – Albert Einstein

Treat a customer fairly and they will remember you. Treat a customer poorly and they never forget.

Imperial City: Zerg, gank or die.
  • Velho
    Velho
    Soul Shriven
    Hmm, there should be icons at the top of the creation tab of the crafting window where you can specify set weapons and armor (vs. non-set weapons and armor).

There it is.... *facepalm*

This is why you should triple check everything before asking, haha.
    Edited by Velho on October 18, 2016 8:10PM
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Velho wrote: »
    Hmm, there should be icons at the top of the creation tab of the crafting window where you can specify set weapons and armor (vs. non-set weapons and armor).

This is why you triple check everything before asking, haha.

No worries, glad you found it. :)
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA
  • Velho
    Velho
    Soul Shriven
    Velho wrote: »

This is why you triple check everything before asking, haha.

No worries, glad you found it. :)

Yeah, thanks.
  • G-sus_NL
    G-sus_NL
    ✭✭
    Remember this thread when you inevitably create cp160 gear and forgot to switchs tabs. We've all been there.
    Edited by G-sus_NL on October 18, 2016 8:14PM
    PSN: G-sus - EU - Daggerfall Covenant - DW DK Imperial
  • Velho
    Velho
    Soul Shriven
    G-sus_NL wrote: »
    Remember this thread when you inevitably create cp160 gear and forgot to switchs tabs. We've all been there.

Haha, I'll keep that in mind.
  • Jciampi
    Jciampi
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't know about switching tabs to choose the specific gear set to that craft station either til I was champion level. I had no idea those crafting stations I found everywhere were special. I thought they were just for schmuck like me who needed to deconstruct and such without returning to town while out exploring. I'm an idiot. Lol wasted so much material where I could have made sets all along
  • Stopnaggin
    Stopnaggin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    G-sus_NL wrote: »

Oh hell yes and still happens from te to time. Lol