The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "The Witches Festival is Coming!"

• HotToddy
    HotToddy
    ✭✭
    Just curious - do we get to keep the masks, goodies, etc from boss drops after the event (will they always be in our collectibles window?).
  • Rhyagell
    Rhyagell
    ✭✭✭
    How do I know what delve bosses drop the Skulls? I was fighting in Shrine of the Black Maw and the boss didn't drop a single skull in nearly an hour, but Fenlord was dropping them like crazy. Is there a list some place for players to read, or are we expected to figure this out as part of the quest?
  • Donum-Dei
    Donum-Dei
    ✭✭✭
    To: @Rhyagella
    You need to activate the memento and when the crows fly away and the big pot appears with that green water, you need to drink it, then you will convert into a skeleton. That will allow you participate in the event/activate the event rather, and by doing so, the skulls will appear/drop when you kill the boss. It has to be the main boss of any dungeon and delves.
    Edited by Donum-Dei on October 16, 2016 12:51AM
  • Rhyagell
    Rhyagell
    ✭✭✭
    Donum-Dei wrote: »
    You need to activate the memento and when the crows fly away and the big pot appears with that green water, you need to drink it, then you will convert into a skeleton. That will allow you participate in the event/activate the event rather, and by doing so, the skulls will appear/drop when you kill the boss. It has to be the main boss of any dungeon and delves.

Yea, I made sure I drank from the cauldron, but I'm only getting Skull drops from two or three delves' main bosses. I guess I just need to be patient for the drops?
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rhyagella wrote: »

Yea, I made sure I drank from the cauldron, but I'm only getting Skull drops from two or three delves' main bosses. I guess I just need to be patient for the drops?

Yes. Delves require 4 minutes before you get another plunder skull. You can kill all of the bosses you want before then, and you will just get a few gold (and XP)
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Donum-Dei
    Donum-Dei
    ✭✭✭
    Yes you have to be patience @Rhyagella
    I don't know why you are not able to collect the plunders, if you are activating the event and are doing delves by being a skeleton. Sounds weird. They always drop.
  • Axikal
    Axikal
    I've been playing since this started. I've only gotten a drop once and that was from a World Boss I hadn't cleared yet. I've not since gotten a single drop from any bosses in WB, Delves, PubDuns, or GrDuns.

Kinda dis-satisfied with this whole mess since I really would like the Hollowjack stuff.
  • Rhyagell
    Rhyagell
    ✭✭✭

Yes. Delves require 4 minutes before you get another plunder skull. You can kill all of the bosses you want before then, and you will just get a few gold (and XP)

If I don't wait that 4 minutes, is gold the only thing the "wrong" boss drops? Because I've fought some that only drop the gold and then others that drop weapons, armor, amulets, potions etc, just no Skulls.
    I don't know why you are not able to collect the plunders, if you are activating the event and are doing delves by being a skeleton. Sounds weird. They always drop.

Oh! Alright. I thought the Skulls were supposed to drop each time you fight the "right" boss. I didn't know you had to be lucky to get those, too. Oops. :D
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If I don't wait that 4 minutes, is gold the only thing the "wrong" boss drops? Because I've fought some that only drop the gold and then others that drop weapons, armor, amulets, potions etc, just no Skulls.

Oh! Alright. I thought the Skulls were supposed to drop each time you fight the "right" boss. I didn't know you had to be lucky to get those, too. Oops. :D

Wow that's confusing.
    It's really simple in fact : in order to get a plunder skull you must fulfill these three conditions :

- Have the witch's potion active (be a skeleton)
    - Kill a boss
    - Not have gotten a plunder skull in the previous THREE minutes (it's THREE minutes, not four).

There's no RNG. If you fulfill those three conditions, you get a skull.

• Donum-Dei
    Donum-Dei
    ✭✭✭
    No problem @Rhyagella :)

They drop plunders twice, at the third time before resetting themselves , then they drop gold coins. Then is on the wait list with four minutes.

P.s. Safe travels.
    Edited by Donum-Dei on October 16, 2016 4:04PM
  • Zamuro
    Zamuro
    ✭✭✭
    do we get a mount ? or we will never get a free mount except the horse
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow that's confusing.
    It's really simple in fact : in order to get a plunder skull you must fulfill these three conditions :

- Kill a boss
    - Not have gotten a plunder skull in the previous THREE minutes (it's THREE minutes, not four).

I just want to point out that, in delves, it is actually FOUR minutes. If you kill the boss 3 minutes and a couple seconds shy of 4 after killing the last one, you will not get a Plunder Skull. Happened to me. I am running the Plunder Skill timer and had multiple opportunities to test this. It is OK to engage the boss before 4 minutes, it matters when the boss dies. This means if you are solo, and think you can drag the boss out to 4 minutes, go for it. If you are surrounded by a dozen players, the boss is not going to live long enough to finish saying, "none of you will leave here alive!".

Edit: I did not do public dungeons very much, but never got a boss to drop a skull in less than 4 minutes, either. Not enough time in those places to tell whether it was actually 4 minutes. I did not do instanced group dungeons.
    Edited by Elsonso on October 16, 2016 2:15PM
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • LumpySlingblade
    Grim Harlequin motif is bugged! It won't allow you to use mimic stones to craft!
  • AngeISky
    AngeISky
    HotToddy wrote: »
    Just curious - do we get to keep the masks, goodies, etc from boss drops after the event (will they always be in our collectibles window?).

I wish to know this as well. :)
    ~ AngeiSky

°MAIN° Catsulek > NightBlade (ASSASSIN CRIT BUILD [CUSTOM]) > LVL 50 (CP 290)> AD [WERECAT] (°w°)/
    °SUB° AngelSkye > Sorceress (SPIRITMASTER BUILD [CUSTOM]) > LVL 10 (CP 0)> AD [NONE]
    °SUB° Sha'ala > Templar (DRAGOON OF LIGHT [CUSTOM]) > LVL 1 (CP 0)> AD [NONE]
    °SUB° Wychblade > DragonKnight (BUILD? [N/A]) > LVL 7 (CP 0)> AD [NONE]

WEREWOLF LVL "MAX" MSG Me On Xbox for Bites
    VAMPIRE LVL 5

Guild: Guildmaster of "Elder ScroIIs Community" Ingame
    Club: Admin of: "The Elder Scrolls Community" Xbox One Clubs
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm pretty sire we will. They already said Even the Couldron is staying it just won't boost XP (like the cake)

Loved the event but drop rate was too good. After the Pokémon crazed first few days everyone now has everything bar the masks. It would have been better to stretch it out a tad.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Neirymn
    Neirymn
    ✭✭✭✭
    HotToddy wrote: »

Why would they remove them? lol I didn't spend so much hours farming bosses so that I can only enjoy the drops for a couple of weeks. ;)
  • Ojustaboo
    Ojustaboo
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow that's confusing.

- Kill a boss

I just want to point out that, in delves, it is actually FOUR minutes. If you kill the boss 3 minutes and a couple seconds shy of 4 after killing the last one, you will not get a Plunder Skull. Happened to me. I am running the Plunder Skill timer and had multiple opportunities to test this. It is OK to engage the boss before 4 minutes, it matters when the boss dies. This means if you are solo, and think you can drag the boss out to 4 minutes, go for it. If you are surrounded by a dozen players, the boss is not going to live long enough to finish saying, "none of you will leave here alive!".

Edit: I did not do public dungeons very much, but never got a boss to drop a skull in less than 4 minutes, either. Not enough time in those places to tell whether it was actually 4 minutes. I did not do instanced group dungeons.

Yep can confirm this.

While you cant use the witches potion in Cyrodiil, if you activate it before you go in, delves and dolmens there also drop skulls.

In goblin cave (cant remember name, near cropsford) , the room with two bosses in, if you kill them one after the other only one drops a skull. If you kill one, wait 4 mins then kill the other, it too drops a skull, can keep doing this all day if you don't' get killed by the opposition :) Of course after the witches potion wears off, you have to leave Cyrodiil to reapply.

• shadoza
    shadoza
    ✭✭✭

Wow that's confusing.

- Kill a boss

There's no RNG. If you fulfill those three conditions, you get a skull.

If you are not a vet with CP then another condition is that there cannot be any Vets of high level or more than one low-level vet. A player has to do enough damage for the game system to notice your doing damage. Too many high-levels and that level 40 player is nothing more than a louse on a skeever's backside.

I want the relationship between percentage of damage and loot received to be revisited now that high levels and low levels are abusing the same target.
  • Prehesile
    Prehesile
    Soul Shriven
    dropping a mine almost guarantees you will cause damage when the boss regens no matter what level you are.
  • shadoza
    shadoza
    ✭✭✭
    Solus wrote: »
    The event lasts until 10:00am EDT on November 1st, so you'll have lots of time to play and enjoy it. :)

hey thats my birthday ^.^

I believe the event was extended to November 8th because of an issue with the achievement counting the number of skulls inaccurately.
  • WhiteTigre
    WhiteTigre
    ✭✭✭
    Still cannot play ESO due to client issues so I missed the whole festival. Everything I treid has not worked so basically I am >________ until I manage somehow to fix it or a miracle happens
  • PaulD
    PaulD
    ✭✭✭
    I'm quite puzzled as to how any motif/appearance being salable or not is "pay to win". . Pay for appearance is not PTW, it's pay for preference.