The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Crown Crafting Motif: Grim Harlequin

• SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The issue is the continual slow movement of content from the game and into the store only.

Drip drip drip and before you know it you are standing ears deep in a lake.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DocFrost72 wrote: »
    I'm just going to type this now, you may all flame me as you wish. It is up on the crown store during the event, yes? What if, like the jubilee cake voucher (which was on the store a limited time), it was...

Free?

The windows in your house and car must be Rose Colored in case the glasses fall off your nose. :#

It would be nice if it was some token of a price.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• JasonSilverSpring
    JasonSilverSpring
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Carbonised wrote: »
    Showcase of Grim Harlequin motif.

It's in the Crown Store showcase, will be available for a limited time along with the Witches Festival.

It's pretty much a Crown Store exclusive, yeah. And Frostcaster/Stalhrim will also be crown store exclusive, judging from the title it had on the PTS (i.e. crown store motif).

Here we have it, the first move to crown store exclusives not otherwise obtainable in the game. It starts with motifs "hey, it's only cosmetics!", and you'll be a fool if you think it stops there.

There have been crown store exclusive mounts for how long? May want to loosen the tin foil hat. How many people have bought mounts, costumes, polymorphs, pets that are exclusive to crown store?

Yes, there have been crown store exclusives for a while but I am not aware of anything you could buy for crowns and potentially sell for in-game gold that could not also be crafted/achieved in game.

If a crown store motif only allows you to craft gear which is bound to you then I think it will be less of an issue. But, if someone can pay Crowns to get the motif and then use that to craft and sell gear for in-game gold that is a bit different.
  • Unsent.Soul
    Unsent.Soul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Carbonised wrote: »
    Showcase of Grim Harlequin motif.

It's in the Crown Store showcase, will be available for a limited time along with the Witches Festival.

It's pretty much a Crown Store exclusive, yeah. And Frostcaster/Stalhrim will also be crown store exclusive, judging from the title it had on the PTS (i.e. crown store motif).

Here we have it, the first move to crown store exclusives not otherwise obtainable in the game. It starts with motifs "hey, it's only cosmetics!", and you'll be a fool if you think it stops there.

There have been crown store exclusive mounts for how long? May want to loosen the tin foil hat. How many people have bought mounts, costumes, polymorphs, pets that are exclusive to crown store?

Yes, there have been crown store exclusives for a while but I am not aware of anything you could buy for crowns and potentially sell for in-game gold that could not also be crafted/achieved in game.

If a crown store motif only allows you to craft gear which is bound to you then I think it will be less of an issue. But, if someone can pay Crowns to get the motif and then use that to craft and sell gear for in-game gold that is a bit different.

How is that different? The motif doesn't give any advantage over any other style you choose to craft.

I can't see how you're trying to make an issue out of this. I'll buy it, and craft it for whoever wants it.

So your problem is basically what I just said I'd do, once I have it. How does that affect you or anyone else's gameplay? I'm genuinely curious...
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    How is that different? The motif doesn't give any advantage over any other style you choose to craft.

I can't see how you're trying to make an issue out of this. I'll buy it, and craft it for whoever wants it.

So your problem is basically what I just said I'd do, once I have it. How does that affect you or anyone else's gameplay? I'm genuinely curious...

Because people will pay crafters in-game gold to be one of the 'elite' wearing the Crown Store exclusive Motif, thus giving an advantage in income over those who can't or won't buy the Motif. And there's no way around that if it can't be gotten any other way.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
  • Unsent.Soul
    Unsent.Soul
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Because people will pay crafters in-game gold to be one of the 'elite' wearing the Crown Store exclusive Motif, thus giving an advantage in income over those who can't or won't buy the Motif. And there's no way around that if it can't be gotten any other way.

Are you serious? In game gold will give me an advantage? Go pick flowers for 10 minutes... gold is the easiest thing to come by and that's what your basing this off of?

Jesus christ people. I can't believe what I just read. I sell 100 columbine for 100k+ weekly, even more if I can. [SNIP] you might as well nerf every aspect of getting gold.

[Edited for Bait]
    Edited by ZOS_JohanaB on October 12, 2016 4:00PM
  • Cazzy
    Cazzy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Has ZOS clarified anything yet? The event is tomorrow, isn't it?
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    I'm just going to type this now, you may all flame me as you wish. It is up on the crown store during the event, yes? What if, like the jubilee cake voucher (which was on the store a limited time), it was...

Free?

The windows in your house and car must be Rose Colored in case the glasses fall off your nose. :#

It would be nice if it was some token of a price.

My rose colored glasses are a much better way to view the world than constantly on fire. I'll get angry when I know. Not because I assume.
  • Saturn
    Saturn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Hollowjack and Grim Harlequin are both available during the Witches Festival. I don't think they would ever only release a motif on the Crown Store as it goes against their past way of doing things.
    "Madness is a bitter mercy, perhaps, but a mercy nonetheless."

Fire and Ice
  • vyndral13preub18_ESO
    vyndral13preub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Are you serious? In game gold will give me an advantage? Go pick flowers for 10 minutes... gold is the easiest thing to come by and that's what your basing this off of?

Jesus christ people. I can't believe what I just read. I sell 100 columbine for 100k+ weekly, even more if I can. [SNIP] you might as well nerf every aspect of getting gold.

[Edited for Bait]

So you are ok with them selling in game gold for crowns? Im not really against it either, but it isnt really a popular stance. Glad to see a fellow like minded soul.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Free?

If that were the case, then I doubt it would have been included in the Crown Store preview article, and instead would have been wrapped into the festival announcement.
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Free?

If that were the case, then I doubt it would have been included in the Crown Store preview article, and instead would have been wrapped into the festival announcement.

Yep, any company would make a huge deal of something being offered for free. It's only logical.

Not to mention, they wouldn't remain silent while people speculate about it if that was the case.
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • Tactical32
    Tactical32
    ✭✭✭

I made 1.4 million gold this week, since Sunday, just from farming. I don't even plan on charging people to craft it, just give me the mats and style material. It's insanely easy to make gold in this game.
  • vyndral13preub18_ESO
    vyndral13preub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tactical32 wrote: »

I made 1.4 million gold this week, since Sunday, just from farming. I don't even plan on charging people to craft it, just give me the mats and style material. It's insanely easy to make gold in this game.

Now i have to ask. Since you obviously like making gold. My gf is the same way. I mean you farmed enough to make 1.4 million gold. So. You obviously like making gold. Why is it you dont like making gold on something you paid real money for?

I dont mean this as a negative i am really just curious. It seems like you are saying my time has in game value, but my real life money has no value.
  • Unsent.Soul
    Unsent.Soul
    ✭✭✭✭✭

[Edited for Bait]

So you are ok with them selling in game gold for crowns? Im not really against it either, but it isnt really a popular stance. Glad to see a fellow like minded soul.

It's an interesting discussion either way. People that speak of an unfair advantage are just digging for reasons to be against this. There is no unfair advantage, we will all have the chance to buy the motif. If people choose not to buy, then that's their fault.
  • Tactical32
    Tactical32
    ✭✭✭

Now i have to ask. Since you obviously like making gold. My gf is the same way. I mean you farmed enough to make 1.4 million gold. So. You obviously like making gold. Why is it you dont like making gold on something you paid real money for?

I dont mean this as a negative i am really just curious. It seems like you are saying my time has in game value, but my real life money has no value.

I don't even like it. I just did it to make some quick cash. My point is it's so stupidly easy to make gold, why would you waste time trying to find customers to buy your special snowflake gear?

Plan on taxing folks? U going to make a mill charging crafting fees? How long will that take?

Why do u want to make less gold, in a slower fashion? And yes, I don't see any value in crown store items. They are fluff. Everything. Nothing in there impacts game play in any way, besides maybe xp Scrolls but meh. It's all worthless.

That being said I do spend a lot of crowns, but mostly from what I have accrued from eso plus. I'll buck up for mounts though. Got a thing for mounts.
    Edited by Tactical32 on October 12, 2016 6:32PM
  • Unsent.Soul
    Unsent.Soul
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Glad I'm not the only one, people are that worried about someone making gold in the game from a purchasable motif but never bat an eye when people are making millions a day farming, flipping, whatever they choose.
  • Tactical32
    Tactical32
    ✭✭✭

Glad I'm not the only one, people are that worried about someone making gold in the game from a purchasable motif but never bat an eye when people are making millions a day farming, flipping, whatever they choose.

I know man. Unless someone is role playing the "the guild smith" you shouldn't be relying on making a living from crafting in a certain style. ESPECIALLY WHEN IT'S A CROWN STORE ITEM.

But I guess that's kind of the debate, no?

And to even imply that someone is going to get rich crafting in this style is just hilarious
    Edited by Tactical32 on October 12, 2016 6:38PM
  • Wreuntzylla
    Wreuntzylla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think this is perfectly fine.

1. One out of what, 40 styles?
    2. Not prevented from wearing the style, just making it.
    3. Provides no competitive advantage (unless you believe fashion > character power as I do).

Of all the things to make money off of, this is almost perfect. There is an exclusive aspect, but not the one readily visible to the public.
  • Unsent.Soul
    Unsent.Soul
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I know man. Unless someone is role playing the "the guild smith" you shouldn't be relying on making a living from crafting in a certain style. ESPECIALLY WHEN IT'S A CROWN STORE ITEM.

But I guess that's kind of the debate, no?

And to even imply that someone is going to get rich crafting in this style is just hilarious

Perfect. Thanks for this.

I still can't stop laughing at the "unfair" comment.
  • Rittings
    Rittings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Completionists are going to be terribly upset at this - of which, I'm one of them. I refuse point blank to pay for motifs. I farm hard for them - and have all game long. I pride myself on having them all and being a true master crafter...

But sadly, $50 for ONE motif is way too much. No thanks... one step in a very wrong direction ZoS...
  • sevomd69
    sevomd69
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think its $50... I bought it and I thought I paid like $25.00 it came out to the same price as the 52 mimic stones you get.. so it could technically be considered... free
  • Unsent.Soul
    Unsent.Soul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rittings wrote: »
    Completionists are going to be terribly upset at this - of which, I'm one of them. I refuse point blank to pay for motifs. I farm hard for them - and have all game long. I pride myself on having them all and being a true master crafter...

But sadly, $50 for ONE motif is way too much. No thanks... one step in a very wrong direction ZoS...
    The price you state is overly exaggerated.

So if a crafter buys this motif, does that make them not a true master crafter? Lol this is getting rediculous.

Also, it's 1 motif and 54 mimic stones. Comparing prices, 52 mimic stones cost 2400 crowns.
    Edited by Unsent.Soul on October 14, 2016 4:08AM
  • SublimeSparo
    SublimeSparo
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The trouble is they can't give you the style mats, itcan only be crafted with mimic stones, the actual style mat onlu comes from deconstruction of items made with mimic stones
    PS4 EU CP900. PS4 NA CP600,
    vAA HM ☆ vHRC HM ☆ vSO HM ☆ vMOL
    4th Console vMOL clear,
    vMA cleared on all classes stam & magic

My Tribe
    EU
    High Sparo - Altmer - mSo DD.
    Wood Sparo - Bosmer - sNB DD
    Nord Sparo - Nord -sDK DD/Tank.
    Bubble Girl - Imperial -sTe DD
    Succubus Sue - Breton - mNB Tank.
    Andrana Stormlock - Altmer - mTe Healer/ DD
    Elvali Marvani - Dunmer - mDK DD.
    Venemus Draconem - Redguard - sDK DD
    Jayri Leki - Redguard - sSo DD.
    Miss Jabsalot - Altmer - mTe PvP DD/ Tank
    Mireli Hlaano - Dunmer - mNB DD.
    Ms Shanks - Redguard - sNB DD/ le bank

NA
    Dilemma Dame - Altmer - mDK DD
    Stamsorc Kitty - Redguard - sSor DD
    Aia Draconis - Imperial - sDK Tank
    Decides-Who-Lives - Argonian - mTe Healer
    You wont stop me - Altmer - mSo DD
    Stab in the dark - Khajiit - sNB DD
    Jabjabjab Beambeambeam - Dunmer - mTe DD
    Spatium Auxiliarus - Imperial - hTe Tank&bank
    Spectre - Altmer - mNB DD
    Can't-Main-Tank -Argonian - sDK offTank
  • Mettaricana
    Mettaricana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    So far no p2w I bought it honestly I was pleased to see it was only 2200 crowns love the weapons its kinda like a secondary soulshriven cool weps crap armor. I'm all for unique crown motifs exclusives if all event or special motifs are 2000-2200 crowns even better. Those who are crying unfair spend some money only reason your playing the game subless is because everyone else is keeping the servers lights on for you. My only gripe is the 5000 crown items nothing should cost more than the actual game 3k would be the absolute cap and even that's pushibg it
  • SublimeSparo
    SublimeSparo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So far no p2w I bought it honestly I was pleased to see it was only 2200 crowns love the weapons its kinda like a secondary soulshriven cool weps crap armor. I'm all for unique crown motifs exclusives if all event or special motifs are 2000-2200 crowns even better. Those who are crying unfair spend some money only reason your playing the game subless is because everyone else is keeping the servers lights on for you. My only gripe is the 5000 crown items nothing should cost more than the actual game 3k would be the absolute cap and even that's pushibg it

I've subbed since day 1 of console release, i own a huge amount of the costumes and mounts, etc from the crownstore that i bought for myself because i wanted them. I even bought the grim harlequin motif as soon as i logged on to my crafter today.
    The situation that arises from this motiff is the following:
    Assuming that it is in the store for a limited time, after it's removal. It can only be crafted for for someone at real money expense.
    Person A does not have the motif, therefore doesn't have the style material.
    Person B is a crafter that has the motif
    Person A wants person B to craft them 10 pieces of gear, and can provide the mats but not the style mats obviously.
    Person B now has to use their own real world money to purchase crowns to purchase mimic stones to craft the gear for someone, and will either have to charge through the roof for item in gold; so essentially person B would be buying gold with real world currency
    or they could get Person A to send them real world money to buy the crowns>mimic stones, which opens up extreme dangers to being conned etc

Even enter person C
    Person C is not an actual crafter, but buys the motiff and has points in say clothing extraction,
    They buy lots of mimic stones and craft a load of low lvl gear to deconstruct for a chance to retrieve the actual style material which they then sell at a massive premium, (bare in mind the price for say tainted blood was like 50k each these grinstones could go for 100k+ each easily) person C is essentially buying gold with currency
    Edited by SublimeSparo on October 14, 2016 4:58AM
    PS4 EU CP900. PS4 NA CP600,
    vAA HM ☆ vHRC HM ☆ vSO HM ☆ vMOL
    4th Console vMOL clear,
    vMA cleared on all classes stam & magic

My Tribe
    EU
    High Sparo - Altmer - mSo DD.
    Wood Sparo - Bosmer - sNB DD
    Nord Sparo - Nord -sDK DD/Tank.
    Bubble Girl - Imperial -sTe DD
    Succubus Sue - Breton - mNB Tank.
    Andrana Stormlock - Altmer - mTe Healer/ DD
    Elvali Marvani - Dunmer - mDK DD.
    Venemus Draconem - Redguard - sDK DD
    Jayri Leki - Redguard - sSo DD.
    Miss Jabsalot - Altmer - mTe PvP DD/ Tank
    Mireli Hlaano - Dunmer - mNB DD.
    Ms Shanks - Redguard - sNB DD/ le bank

NA
    Dilemma Dame - Altmer - mDK DD
    Stamsorc Kitty - Redguard - sSor DD
    Aia Draconis - Imperial - sDK Tank
    Decides-Who-Lives - Argonian - mTe Healer
    You wont stop me - Altmer - mSo DD
    Stab in the dark - Khajiit - sNB DD
    Jabjabjab Beambeambeam - Dunmer - mTe DD
    Spatium Auxiliarus - Imperial - hTe Tank&bank
    Spectre - Altmer - mNB DD
    Can't-Main-Tank -Argonian - sDK offTank
  • Pandorii
    Pandorii
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a crafter, if someone asked me to craft a crown store exclusive motif style and use my own crown store materials, I would have absolutely no idea what to charge...
  • BigBragg
    BigBragg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Disappointed, ZOS. Disappointed.