Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "The Witches Festival is Coming!"

• SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Khajiit has question.

The whistle business transforms us into something yes? But all the nice costumes and things - what is the use if we are all transformed the same? An identical zombie army across the whole of Tamriel.

In short is there any way yes to receive the relevant boost but still retain the look you choose?

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • MaxTM
    MaxTM
    ✭✭✭
    It may be ok that this Harlequin set is only for crownstore. But BIND it to the person who purchases it. RL Money into Gold converter have never been a good idea. Only a desperate move.
  • Alp
    Alp
    ✭✭✭✭
    DerKirito wrote: »
    It may be ok that this Harlequin set is only for crownstore. But BIND it to the person who purchases it. RL Money into Gold converter have never been a good idea. Only a desperate move.

Or you know, just make the style item drop from bosses for people who have the motif after the event. Then there is suddenly a lot more of them in the system and the value of it will drop.
    Edited by Alp on October 13, 2016 8:46AM
  • DPShiro
    DPShiro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will the bosses in Veteran Maelstrom Arena also drop these skulls, since you said "all bosses"

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_RichLambert @ZOS_KaiSchober
    ~ Gryphon Heart ~
    ~ Immortal Redeemer ~
    ~ Grand Master Crafter ~
    ~ Master Angler ~
    ~ Former Emperor ~
  • CRehrl15
    CRehrl15
    ✭✭
    DPShiro wrote: »
    Will the bosses in Veteran Maelstrom Arena also drop these skulls, since you said "all bosses"

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_RichLambert @ZOS_KaiSchober

Don't think so cause vMA Bosses really doesn't "drop" anything?
    You get the Chest at the End of every Stage and thats it
  • sirinsidiator
    sirinsidiator
    ✭✭✭✭
    Please don't
    Going to try and answer everyone's questions, but first, want to explain how this event is going to go down.
    1. First, you'll want to pick up a (free) Crow Caller from the Crown Store.
    2. Then, start the quest “The Witchmother’s Bargain” by using your Crow Caller.
    3. Complete the quest to receive the Witches Festival Whistle.
    4. Use the Witches Festival Whistle to summon the Witchmother’s Cauldron.
    5. You can use the Witchmother’s Cauldron to turn you and anyone you are grouped with into an Undead (each use will last for two hours, but you can use it as many times as you like until the end of the event).
    6. Once the event is over, you’ll be able to keep the Witches Festival Whistle as a memento, but all of its supernatural powers will be gone.

There are a number of rewards you can get from the Plunder Skulls (dropped from bosses) including:
    • The Hollowjack Motif book
    • A Halloween mask (either a pumpkin or scarecrow)
    • Spooky (sometimes gross) recipies
    • Amber Marble, the Hollowjack style item
    • Gross stuff, like worms and guts

Hope this helps! Now, onto the questions:

Caff32 wrote: »
    No mention of XP boost...
    Sorry about that! Yes, you will be able to get a double XP boost by using the Witchmother's Cauldron.

will the grim harlequin motif drop during the event or will it be a crown store exclusive?
    The Grim Harlequin is going to be exclusive to the Crown Store. However, purchasing the Grim Harlequin will net you 54 Mimic Stones, which you can use to craft gear (including the Grim Harlequin). You can use this crafted gear to deconstruct and have a chance to get a Grinstone - the Grim Harlequin style item. All this can be traded, too, if you wish.

So do we have an exact time of this event starting? Will it start at 0:01AM EST? Will we have another 8 hour maintenance to enable this?
    We'll be starting to add this event onto each realm at 10:00am EDT. It won't require any downtime, and shouldn't take too long to complete.

Will the Motif crafting materials of the festival motif be farmable forever?
    Or are the style materials gone once the festival ends?
    No, only during the duration of the event.

Voidnova wrote: »
    Will console players be able to participate?
    Yes, of course! :)

I'm new to the game so I was wondering if the "boss monsters" that you have to kill are only those that are found in group dungeons etc. or do the bosses found in (solo) delves count as well?
    Nope, it's any boss found in the game. Dungeons, delves, etc.

RebornV3x wrote: »
    RomansXXI wrote: »
    Aldmor13 wrote: »
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

So this is droping on PS4/XBox before 1T does. So on PS4/XBox there will still be low level world/dungeon/delv bosses dropping skulls, up until the 1T patch next week? On the other hand, those servers will be down for a day or more during this event FOR the patch...

I have this question also. Are console players missing out and getting pushed to the back again? I don't want to be missing 2 days or more of the event due to downloading the patch. What is the reason for making it the 13th and not the 18th with the console being on the same level as pc

So yeah what up with console players
    There will be some downtime while we publish One Tamriel next week on console. That said, we're also publishing incremental patches on PC, so everyone is going to have some patches here and there. The event lasts until 10:00am EDT on November 1st, so you'll have lots of time to play and enjoy it. :)

Please no. After the few good news we had, this is just another big step into the wrong direction. Don't ruin the game in that way. I don't mind a few exclusive costumes, but please leave a way to obtain ALL crafting motifs through playing the game.

Also instead of trying to lock more and more stuff away in the Crown Store, please start adding reasonable ways to get these items through ingame means instead (maybe bind them to achievements). Right now it feels like you are taking away more and more reasons to play the game and work hard on turning it into a cash cow (new story content anyone?).
    https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/ - My Addons - The Vault (Early updates and experimental projects) - My patreon - My blog
  • Plintkabouter
    Plintkabouter
    ✭✭
    Had to reply as this is not something I can just ignore.

You are inplementing a direct way to convert cash money into in-game gold. EVERY other decision you have made was taking this carefully into consideration to NOT do this.

As an example are the CE treasure maps, that do not give BoE set items, in-game obtainable motives, nontradeable consumables / style stones etc.

This is the first big step you took to go cross that line, and allow people to make in-game money using a motif you can ONLY obtain by using the credit card.

You have changed from supplying crown store purchases for people to individualize their character, to making it a level of frustration for crafters that they cannot be a full completionist without spending real money.

IF this cannot be stopped, at least consider making all the crafted items BOP such that you STOP the possibility for people to make in-game gold with real life money.
    Plint was here!
  • sinisterhulk94
    i just wanna know when this event will start today i woke up early for nothin lol
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please no. After the few good news we had, this is just another big step into the wrong direction. Don't ruin the game in that way. I don't mind a few exclusive costumes, but please leave a way to obtain ALL crafting motifs through playing the game.

Also instead of trying to lock more and more stuff away in the Crown Store, please start adding reasonable ways to get these items through ingame means instead (maybe bind them to achievements). Right now it feels like you are taking away more and more reasons to play the game and work hard on turning it into a cash cow (new story content anyone?).

I am sure that ZOS is being told that the more stuff they offer for free in the game, the less they will be able to monetize the game in the Crown Store. ZOS has probably been told that everything in the game that is cosmetic should have been Crown Store from Day 1, and they should transition future stuff to Crown Store only. For this reason, I expect that "do no harm" does not, in any way, include Cosmetic items. One cannot harm something that is intended to generate revenue by making it generate more revenue.

Sadly, this reflects a narrower perspective of the game in order to facilitate monetization. By deliberately excluding "role playing" from the primary focus of the game, and making sure that it is always "optional", it frees up that whole part of the game for monetization. I have frequently said that the Crown Store is a tax on role players, and this is why. If you really want to role play in ESO, bring your wallet.
    Had to reply as this is not something I can just ignore.

You are inplementing a direct way to convert cash money into in-game gold. EVERY other decision you have made was taking this carefully into consideration to NOT do this.

This does ramp it up. I am not even sure if ZOS is still concerned about Crown to Gold. Many other games don't care. The game industry is pretty much an exercise in copying what everyone else is doing. :smile:

Edited by Elsonso on October 13, 2016 12:49PM
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • DPG76
    DPG76
    ✭✭✭
    i just wanna know when this event will start today i woke up early for nothin lol

10 am EDT means in 2 hours ! :smiley:
  • sinisterhulk94
    woo! cant wait need to grind and grind
  • bercithebeast
    bercithebeast
    Soul Shriven
    Have any devs offered an explanation yet as to why they are making Grim Harlequin crown store only?
  • moonio
    moonio
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well any events be taking place in Cyrodiil?
  • moonio
    moonio
    ✭✭✭✭
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will the Momento work in Cyrodill? I have a hazy recollection of them changing something or allowing it to work to save us porting out end back to trigger it?
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have any devs offered an explanation yet as to why they are making Grim Harlequin crown store only?

No need for that. The explanation is obvious. We players like to *have* motifs. Even if we don't like the style, we want to "have them". We spend lots of gold and hours of grinding dailies just to "have them". Motifs in the crown store probably don't sell very well because we're more ready to grind for motifs than for anything else in this game.

Putting motifs in the crown store and removing the ability to grind for it ingame is a guaranteed jackpot for ZOS, financially speaking.

• rhapsodious
    rhapsodious
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm actually a bit impressed. Grim Harlequin motif does indeed come with 54 mimic stones and is available for 2200 crowns.

Still wish it wasn't crown store exclusive, but this definitely softens the blow. Thanks for not making it 5k.
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Going to try and answer everyone's questions, but first, want to explain how this event is going to go down.
    5. You can use the Witchmother’s Cauldron to turn you and anyone you are grouped with into an Undead (each use will last for two hours, but you can use it as many times as you like until the end of the event).
    6. Once the event is over, you’ll be able to keep the Witches Festival Whistle as a memento, but all of its supernatural powers will be gone.

There are a number of rewards you can get from the Plunder Skulls (dropped from bosses) including:

Sorry about that! Yes, you will be able to get a double XP boost by using the Witchmother's Cauldron.

will the grim harlequin motif drop during the event or will it be a crown store exclusive?
    The Grim Harlequin is going to be exclusive to the Crown Store. However, purchasing the Grim Harlequin will net you 54 Mimic Stones, which you can use to craft gear (including the Grim Harlequin). You can use this crafted gear to deconstruct and have a chance to get a Grinstone - the Grim Harlequin style item. All this can be traded, too, if you wish.

So do we have an exact time of this event starting? Will it start at 0:01AM EST? Will we have another 8 hour maintenance to enable this?
    We'll be starting to add this event onto each realm at 10:00am EDT. It won't require any downtime, and shouldn't take too long to complete.

I'm new to the game so I was wondering if the "boss monsters" that you have to kill are only those that are found in group dungeons etc. or do the bosses found in (solo) delves count as well?

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom

So this is droping on PS4/XBox before 1T does. So on PS4/XBox there will still be low level world/dungeon/delv bosses dropping skulls, up until the 1T patch next week? On the other hand, those servers will be down for a day or more during this event FOR the patch...

I have this question also. Are console players missing out and getting pushed to the back again? I don't want to be missing 2 days or more of the event due to downloading the patch. What is the reason for making it the 13th and not the 18th with the console being on the same level as pc

There will be some downtime while we publish One Tamriel next week on console. That said, we're also publishing incremental patches on PC, so everyone is going to have some patches here and there. The event lasts until 10:00am EDT on November 1st, so you'll have lots of time to play and enjoy it. :)

This is too bad, so after the festival, also the hollowjack motif will become crown store only (mimic stone only), as the motif mat drops also only during the festival :(

this is too bad ZOS!!!
  • Pandorii
    Pandorii
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Either the farm is real, someone forgot to flip the switch on ps4, or I'm missing something. I've done about 8 world bosses now, and I've got nothing that seems remotely 'witch festival-like'. Can anyone confirm the skulls drop?
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pandorii wrote: »
    Either the farm is real, someone forgot to flip the switch on ps4, or I'm missing something. I've done about 8 world bosses now, and I've got nothing that seems remotely 'witch festival-like'. Can anyone confirm the skulls drop?

@Pandorii Did you use the cauldron before killing them?
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • Pandorii
    Pandorii
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    xD @MissBizz nope. I didn't want to look ugly. That might explain it though. /fail
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pandorii wrote: »
    xD @MissBizz nope. I didn't want to look ugly. That might explain it though. /fail

@Pandorii You need to be pretty with no xp buff and no plunder skulls... OR look ugly with a 100%xp buff and ability to get plunder skulls from bosses.

Your call ;)
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • wenchmore420b14_ESO
    wenchmore420b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    AzuraKin wrote: »
    saxgooner wrote: »
    The harlequin is crown store only

the start of pay to win.

No, it will be available in game also.

Sorry.. I was wrong. @ZOS_RichLambert confirmed yesterday, will be Crown store only..... I'm a sad panda...:(
    Drakon Koryn~Oryndill, Rogue~Mage,- CP ~Doesn't matter any more
    NA / PC Beta Member since Nov 2013
    GM~Conclave-of-Shadows, EP Social Guild, ~Proud member of: The Wandering Merchants, Phoenix Rising, Imperial Trade Union & Celestials of Nirn
    Sister Guilds with: Coroner's Report, Children of Skyrim, Sunshine Daydream, Tamriel Fisheries, Knights Arcanum and more
    "Not All Who Wander are Lost"
    #MOREHOUSINGSLOTS
    “When the people that can make the company more successful are sales and marketing people, they end up running the companies. The product people get driven out of the decision making forums, and the companies forget what it means to make great products.”

_Steve Jobs (The Lost Interview)
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom

Regarding this, can I continue farming VMA and they drop from those bosses too?

Now THAT is really interesting to know. But probably they won't drop cause ya know chests.
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom

Now THAT is really interesting to know. But probably they won't drop cause ya know chests.

You will be able to get Plunder Skulls in VMA, but only from the chests at the end - not directly from each boss.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom

Gina ninja'd me with knowledge.
    Edited by MissBizz on October 13, 2016 2:53PM
  • BoloBoffin
    BoloBoffin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Grim Harlequin and 54 crown mimic stones are 2200 crown.
    I ride in a zerg ball of one.
  • Preyfar
    Preyfar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    BoloBoffin wrote: »
    Grim Harlequin and 54 crown mimic stones are 2200 crown.
    Yeah. I'm actually pleasantly surprised by this. No, I'm still not 100% okay with the idea of new motifs being crown store only, but I'm glad it's not the same price as other high end motifs (5000 crowns). Not ideal, but I think ZOS made a good call on pricing it to a point where it's a cosmetic item that's not truly bank-sapping.
  • JamieAubrey
    JamieAubrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So its only 1 guest and then just farm a boss all day ?
  • Conduit0
    Conduit0
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly crafted gear and by extension motifs are pointless fluff at this time anyways. Until ZOS gives us crafted sets on par with dungeon gear or gives us the ability to change an item's style, crafted gear might as well be a cosmetic item you can only wear in town.