Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "The Witches Festival is Coming!"

• Donum-Dei
    Donum-Dei
    ✭✭✭
    This is going to be my first rodeo event with an Mmo
    Let's go!
  • RomansXXI
    RomansXXI
    ✭✭✭
    Aldmor13 wrote: »
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

So this is droping on PS4/XBox before 1T does. So on PS4/XBox there will still be low level world/dungeon/delv bosses dropping skulls, up until the 1T patch next week? On the other hand, those servers will be down for a day or more during this event FOR the patch...

I have this question also. Are console players missing out and getting pushed to the back again? I don't want to be missing 2 days or more of the event due to downloading the patch. What is the reason for making it the 13th and not the 18th with the console being on the same level as pc
  • RebornV3x
    RebornV3x
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RomansXXI wrote: »
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

So this is droping on PS4/XBox before 1T does. So on PS4/XBox there will still be low level world/dungeon/delv bosses dropping skulls, up until the 1T patch next week? On the other hand, those servers will be down for a day or more during this event FOR the patch...

I have this question also. Are console players missing out and getting pushed to the back again? I don't want to be missing 2 days or more of the event due to downloading the patch. What is the reason for making it the 13th and not the 18th with the console being on the same level as pc

So yeah what up with console players
    Xbox One - NA GT: RebornV3x
    I also play on PC from time to time but I just wanna be left alone on there so sorry.
  • Darkonflare15
    Darkonflare15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

The reason why it coming out on Oct 13 is because the Tamrielic Month October is Frostfall. The Tamrielic holiday,the witches festival, starts on the 13th of Frost fall hence why it on that date.
  • SunshineSen
    SunshineSen
    Soul Shriven
    Twilix01 wrote: »
    this includes the following
    I believe it is any boss. Dungeon, Delve, and overworld.

Thank you both, cheers.
  • chuck-18_ESO
    chuck-18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is an awesome step in the right direction, ZOS! I'm excited to play for the first time in months!
    The Exclusionary Mandates of Maruhkite Selection: All Are Equal

1: That the Supreme Spirit Akatosh is of unitary essence, as proven by the monolinearity of Time.
    1: That Shezarr the missing sibling is Singularly Misplaced and therefore Doubly Venerated.
    1: That the protean substrate that informs all denial of (1) is the Aldmeri Taint.
    1: That the Prophet Most Simian demonstrated that monothought begets Proper-Life.
    1: That the purpose of Proper-Life is the Expungement of the Taint.
    1: That the Arc of Time provides the mortal theater for the Sacred Expungement.
    1: That Akatosh is Time is Proper-Life is Taint-Death.
  • clocksstoppe
    clocksstoppe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AzuraKin wrote: »
    saxgooner wrote: »
    The harlequin is crown store only

the start of pay to win.

LOL it already started. You seriously call this garbage pay to win when they sell infinite inventory space for 15 bucks a month?
  • SunshineSen
    SunshineSen
    Soul Shriven
    What time do events like this usually start, by the way? (Please include a timezone if possible, so I can convert it to my local time :wink: )
  • xvAbaddon
    xvAbaddon
    Soul Shriven
    Would you have a higher chance of receiving a skull in a vet dungeon or trial then normal? Or is it the same drop rate?
  • WassyLad
    WassyLad
    ✭✭✭
    Does this event not give double xp? I'm sure I read that previously but no mention of it here
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So am I the only one who is excited for the new recipes ?
    They will add some powerful food. Magicka+Magicka regen food anyone ?
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • method__01
    method__01
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    want them all-will get them all :p
    PC EU/NA /// PS4 EU/NA

• DeadRune
    DeadRune
    ✭✭✭
    So much excitementttt
    On my way to PC EU!
  • DPG76
    DPG76
    ✭✭✭
    Is this for console as well ?
    kinda confusing not to mention anything about console players
  • method__01
    method__01
    ✭✭✭✭✭

yes

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/10/11/the-elder-scrolls-online-one-tamriel-update-out-october-18-housing-details/#comment-1184439
    PC EU/NA /// PS4 EU/NA

• itehache
    itehache
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am really exited to see how the first event will be :smile:

I have a question though, I don't know if you guys know the answer. Will I be able to get the item today at midnight? (EU time, Spain) Or do I have to wait until NA? Thanks :smile:
  • DPG76
    DPG76
    ✭✭✭
    method__01 wrote: »

yes

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/10/11/the-elder-scrolls-online-one-tamriel-update-out-october-18-housing-details/#comment-1184439

Thx !
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Khajiit is curious - this one thinks that may be dangerous somehow for khajiit ...

What qualifies as a 'boss'? Delve big monster, dolmen big monster, dungeon really big monster, outside in the world big monster, the head of the mages guild, the prophet, the lady in the bank in Daggerfall?

Just because all of the above seem quite bossy to this one.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • Dreskar
    Dreskar
    Soul Shriven
    Welp I found some treasure already... that is one Halloween-y looking door if you ask me!

Found near Steamlake Encampment

Called Olyve's Brewery when you go up to it.

http://imgur.com/a/jIouV

Posted as link since the image isn't working otherwise.
  • argouru
    argouru
    ✭✭✭
    Will the Motif crafting materials of the festival motif be farmable forever?
    Or are the style materials gone once the festival ends?

I'd like to know this as well.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dreskar wrote: »
    Welp I found some treasure already... that is one Halloween-y looking door if you ask me!

Found near Steamlake Encampment

Called Olyve's Brewery when you go up to it.

http://imgur.com/a/jIouV

Posted as link since the image isn't working otherwise.

Yup.

By the way, the Wrothgar Ambassador has been looking for you.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Dominoid
    Dominoid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Voidnova wrote: »
    Will console players be able to participate?

Yes.
  • Darkheart
    Darkheart
    ✭✭✭
    At what time does this start on the 13th? :smile:
    Returning Home to Daggerfall.
  • Lumbermill_Emperor
    Lumbermill_Emperor
    ✭✭✭✭
    we need timestamp ...
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Going to try and answer everyone's questions, but first, want to explain how this event is going to go down.
    1. First, you'll want to pick up a (free) Crow Caller from the Crown Store.
    2. Then, start the quest “The Witchmother’s Bargain” by using your Crow Caller.
    3. Complete the quest to receive the Witches Festival Whistle.
    4. Use the Witches Festival Whistle to summon the Witchmother’s Cauldron.
    5. You can use the Witchmother’s Cauldron to turn you and anyone you are grouped with into an Undead (each use will last for two hours, but you can use it as many times as you like until the end of the event).
    6. Once the event is over, you’ll be able to keep the Witches Festival Whistle as a memento, but all of its supernatural powers will be gone.

There are a number of rewards you can get from the Plunder Skulls (dropped from bosses) including:
    • The Hollowjack Motif book
    • A Halloween mask (either a pumpkin or scarecrow)
    • Spooky (sometimes gross) recipies
    • Amber Marble, the Hollowjack style item
    • Gross stuff, like worms and guts

Hope this helps! Now, onto the questions:

Caff32 wrote: »
    No mention of XP boost...
    Sorry about that! Yes, you will be able to get a double XP boost by using the Witchmother's Cauldron.

will the grim harlequin motif drop during the event or will it be a crown store exclusive?
    The Grim Harlequin is going to be exclusive to the Crown Store. However, purchasing the Grim Harlequin will net you 54 Mimic Stones, which you can use to craft gear (including the Grim Harlequin). You can use this crafted gear to deconstruct and have a chance to get a Grinstone - the Grim Harlequin style item. All this can be traded, too, if you wish.

So do we have an exact time of this event starting? Will it start at 0:01AM EST? Will we have another 8 hour maintenance to enable this?
    We'll be starting to add this event onto each realm at 10:00am EDT. It won't require any downtime, and shouldn't take too long to complete.

Will the Motif crafting materials of the festival motif be farmable forever?
    Or are the style materials gone once the festival ends?
    No, only during the duration of the event.

Voidnova wrote: »
    Will console players be able to participate?
    Yes, of course! :)

I'm new to the game so I was wondering if the "boss monsters" that you have to kill are only those that are found in group dungeons etc. or do the bosses found in (solo) delves count as well?
    Nope, it's any boss found in the game. Dungeons, delves, etc.

RebornV3x wrote: »
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

So yeah what up with console players
    There will be some downtime while we publish One Tamriel next week on console. That said, we're also publishing incremental patches on PC, so everyone is going to have some patches here and there. The event lasts until 10:00am EDT on November 1st, so you'll have lots of time to play and enjoy it. :)
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    will the grim harlequin motif drop during the event or will it be a crown store exclusive?
    The Grim Harlequin is going to be exclusive to the Crown Store. However, purchasing the Grim Harlequin will net you 54 Mimic Stones, which you can use to craft gear (including the Grim Harlequin). You can use this crafted gear to deconstruct and have a chance to get a Grinstone - the Grim Harlequin style item. All this can be traded, too, if you wish.

*sigh* As expected. Thank you for the information anyway Gina.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    A useful explanation for how RNG works
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Thanks for the info. Will the crown store offering during this event be the only chance to obtain the Grim Harlequin motif? Any chance that it will show up in-game at a later date?

And can you tell us how many crowns it will cost?
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA
  • Cazzy
    Cazzy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    What happens when the event is over? How will we get gems to craft Harlequin?
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cazzy wrote: »

I'm going to guess 'Crown Mimic Stone' or get lucky and get one from deconning existing gear.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    A useful explanation for how RNG works
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cazzy wrote: »

Now we know why they invented Mimic Stones. They finally have something in the Crown Store that requires them, so anyone purchasing this Motif has to buy them or they have wasted their money on the Motif.

PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus