Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

An Open Letter to ZOS About 'Difficulty'

• IrishGirlGamer
    IrishGirlGamer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    athanasios wrote: »
    I don't have many hours available for games, and those I have, are not continuous, so I prefer playing ESO mostly solo, though I do enjoy the group experience whenever I manage to get into one. Also, my equipment is good, but not top of the line.

I've recently finished the 3rd (gold) part (lvl 320) and I really think I'm just gonna give up the game now.

The reason ?? The new difficulty settings !!!

After the new update, I am unable to solo in ALL the areas of the game. I mean, even in Auridon, I cannot get a single boss alone. The game is supposed to be fun for every level and every playre and I get the feeling that I need to get at least lvl 500 and get full golden equipment, in order to continue playing. Since I'm not a hardcore player, I'll probably just drop it...

Sorry Zenimax, but you blew it this time ...

world bosses aren't meant to be soloable. ZOS has stated that they are balanced for a group of 4 now. if you wanna kill a world boss wait for others to arrive. the idea that a single person could kill em was outright silly anyway

All fine in theory, but before the update hit, how long did you have to wait just for a single player to pass you by never mind a team of 4? What happens months down the line when the majority have stopped boss farming? Do noobs just walk on by? It's also fine people saying just go into towns or ask guild members to help out, but realistically how many high levelled players will want to boss farm months from now when they have all the gear they need? You see the same *** in public dungeons. There's one in the daggerfall faction that requires 2 players to trigger the group event. Good luck wasting an hour or 2 of your life waiting for someone to come along and help you. It would be akin to sitting watching paint dry.

Don't confuse the current trend of populated boss areas with what will inevitably happen a few months from now. They will revert back to being dead zones. Next to no one will shift from Mournhold etc to help some random defeat an over land boss. They will be too busy grouping for dungeons with their fellow high level buddies.

I spend the majority of my time in ESO solo. I reserve weekends and nights when I'm free (about two a week) to run dungeons or trails with friends or PUGs. I spend around 10-20 hours a week in eso, depending on the week.

There are players who are much, much better than me. They spend hours playing the game. I am a casual.

Regardless of what Zenimax said on original release, this game is an MMORPG. There are currently so many players in game that I sometimes only get a few shots off before a group boss is dead. Dolmens are packed with people and finish in a few minutes.

Sure, in time, people will move on to the next game. Then where will difficulty be? I won't be able to solo a dolmen because it's too hard. I won't be able to solo a delve or a group boss - a boss specifically designed for a group.

You know what? I don't care. It's not a solo game. It wasn't when I bought it. I knew it wasn't solo when I bought it. There are parts you can solo and parts you can't. Why should the group parts be sooooo easy that a single player can run a group boss and when four people try it, it dies in seconds??? Whose of idea of fun is that?? I would guess people who just want the drops and don't care about playing, but maybe I'm wrong.

I won't say "get gud" because that is rude. I will say that I took a newly created character to (Level 7 now) to The Rift and survived. I ran quests. I killed mobs. I even pitched in for a couple of group bosses. Did I die? Sure, sometimes. So what? I've played harder games, too. This game has NOTHING on Dark Souls or even Bioshock. Even in the state it's in, OESO is nowhere near difficult.

But sure, Zenimax, again adjust the difficult (just like you did shortly after release) to appease a group of players who may or may not be around in six months. I've subbed continuously for over two years. I am not saying my opinion matters more than anyone else's but I played the game when it was very easy. Please don't send me back to that place where, the moment I try to run a group boss, and over-leveled @ss shows up kills everything with one damn spell - and then laughs about it.

My biggest fear right now are the Natch Potes that include the following line:

- Boss difficulty adjusted to allow for solo play.

Please, Zenimax, please ... do NOT lower the difficulty of the game. I doubt even a majority of the players want this. It's only the few coming to the forum to complain who want this.

Valar Morghulis.

Someday I'm going to put a sword through your eye and out the back of your skull. Arya Stark

You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well. Sansa Stark

If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. Desmond Tutu
  • Ilmarthethief
    Ilmarthethief
    ✭✭✭
    ^This
    Bosses are called bosses because they should be hard. Please, leave them as they are now!
  • MaxBat
    MaxBat
    ✭✭✭
    I think the problem is with earlier game design, and trying to change it now.

Difficulty used to be controlled by the player. You wanted a more difficult game, just go to a higher zone. You wanted an easier game, over-level in the zone you're in. Bosses could be soloed if you were high enough or even just good enough.

It seems a lot of players over-leveled. After awhile, that became the standard difficulty for them. When Zenimax brought in battle-scaling, that over-leveling went away and now there is no way for players to make the game less difficult. Faced with the difficulty that Zenimax has chosen, they now feel it's too hard.

Not to pat myself on the back, but way back when the game was first released and Zenimax lowered the overall boss difficulty because a bunch of players were complaining boss were too hard (ah, I remember with fondness those old boss fights), I predicted this would happen: They would lower the difficulty, players would get used to it, and if they tried to raise it again, they would scream like spoiled stepchildren.

I think the patch was good. I'm not wild about how everything was done, but I'm pretty satisfied. But I'll say this to @IrishGirlGamer: Keep an eye out for that patch note update, because if enough people come to the forum and complain about how hard the bosses are, they'll nerf the hell out of them.

They've done it before and they will do it again.

"Funny that magic doesn't work when a mace caves in your skull."

Playing on a PC, NA Server, since that very first day ...
  • merovignub17_ESO
    merovignub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I think it's largely that "build balance" has changed, particularly for people who have not bee using popular builds.

MMOs frequently adjust the balance in favor of the most popular builds, because that's who tends to playtest.

Some of my alts seem unaffected and some have been clobbered by the changes in this patch. Because of how they happen to be built, I think, though none of them are "optimized," some are closer to popular builds than others.

My sorcs, for example, seem to be doing a lot less damage (relative to typical mobs) than a week ago, my nightblade archers seem balanced pretty much the same.

It will take time to sort out how much that balance has changed, and I really would prefer not to have cookie-cutter characters. If that's the way the game goes, that's the way the game goes.

Edit: in other words, it's not just easier or harder, it's harder for some and easier for others, depending on gear and builds (who knows how much one vs. the other).
    Edited by merovignub17_ESO on October 8, 2016 11:33PM
  • Milvan
    Milvan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For a moment, I thought this post was about how easy and casual oriented ESO actually is. But reading the op wall texts I was like "What? Are we even playing the same game?"

ESO is ridiculous easy. Even Maelstorm and DSA can be EASILY mastered after a couple of runs.
    “Kings of the land and the sky we are; proud gryphons.” Stalker stands, the epitome of pride. Naked and muscular, his wings widen and his feet dig in as if he alone holds down the earth and supports the heavens, keeping the two ever separate.”
    Gryphons guild - @Milvan,
  • GazettE
    GazettE
    ✭✭✭
    Milvan wrote: »
    For a moment, I thought this post was about how easy and casual oriented ESO actually is. But reading the op wall texts I was like "What? Are we even playing the same game?"

ESO is ridiculous easy. Even Maelstorm and DSA can be EASILY mastered after a couple of runs.

The game itself is easy, we were originally talking on how ZOS ridiculously buff the bosses health with significant amount and make most of the dungeon run become pretty boring and time consuming
    561+ CP

Sorcerers - Stamina - Magicka - Stormproof

Templar - Magicka - Healer

NightBlade - Magicka - DPS
  • merovignub17_ESO
    merovignub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Typically people just comment on what they *think* the thread must be about from the title, not what it's actually about.

Which is why everything seems like the same argument over and over.
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I agree that I'd like to see them adding difficulty through mechanics rather than just inflating health.

That said, I understand why they didn't. Adding new mechanics to every boss in every dungeon in the game probably involves 2-5 or more different teams and a bunch of iteration. Design team, combat team, animation team, dungeon team, ect. Changing health probably takes one guy going down a list changing a number.

I am personally okay with the extra health. It is nice to see bosses fully spawn before they die.
    Edited by timidobserver on October 9, 2016 5:07AM
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

• idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    After doing some of the dungeons since the update I have no idea why this thread was created.

Other than some fights taking as long as they did at the initial release of this game, requiring us to actually deal with some mechanics, the fights are very easy. They were so boring when the boss died before the mechanic kicked in.
  • Bobby_V_Rockit
    Bobby_V_Rockit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So it seems that the people HAPPY with the increased difficulty are mostly those who have 2-3 years, or since launch, experience with the game.

Those opposed, seem to be the late comers who will obviously have less experience, less CP and are used to post-launch nerfing difficulty. This might fly on PC, but consoles are a different demographic and I would bet a large portion of the latter player base will ditch ESO for something more casual/fun based.

Edit: Spelling
    Edited by Bobby_V_Rockit on October 9, 2016 5:12AM
  • RavenSworn
    RavenSworn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm going to be devil's advocate and say there are a few mmos that handles difficulty of the encounters really well. One was the secret world, which handled boss encounters as a puzzle in itself. You learn through the first boss, through the next and next till you reach the end boss who will have all the mechanics that you have faced previously.

Wildstar is another that has good dungeon mechanics but this is done through telegraphs and 'wow-like' cues that informs the players of an incoming mechanic.

Just putting it out there.
    Ingame: RavenSworn, Pc / NA.

Of Wolf and Raven
    Solo / Casual guild for beginners and new players wanting to join the game. Pst me for invite!
  • Valerien
    Valerien
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know if ZOS will see this thread and I don't know if they will read it. But just in case they do I shall weigh in with my opinion.

If your tag line is, play it your way or play any way you want. You must balance it for average players with average builds, if you balance for optimal builds played by VMA masters then what you are instead saying, if you want to play the game you must use the OP build and you must lock yourself in a room and practice your rotation. You must have the best gaming PC on the market and direct connect to the data centre to avoid lag of FPS issues.

Next is grouping, now someone I have played MMO's for the last 10 years plays ESO. When it first came out we logged on grouped and played through the content, the fights were easy enough but the kicker was the quest dialogues and waiting on the person to catch up. If you want to encourage grouping a far better method of doing this than one tameriel removing restrictions, would be to have cinematic quest dialogues where both players are seen and both experience the same dialogue and both phase at the same time. Create more phasing where waiting on my friend to read a book he has found doesn't result in another player running past killing everything and us left with an empty area to walk through. In short make it so the group plays through the content together at their own speed not independently often with as much connection as to random people entering the area at the same time.

Which ties into Craglon, this was meant to be soloable, yet large amounts of it don't appear to have gotten the message or the plan had been to have some broken OP armour set that fires stupid damage and using SR through out. I'm a little at a loss here, whether it is soloable and this is a bug or not been balanced correctly or it is working as intended and the only soloable parts are the quests that had required 4 people to get through the doors only now getting past the mobs requires 4 people so you haven't really achieved anything.

This leads onto the world bosses and domains, if your going to create a game that discourages grouping from a questing persepective, allows temp group like play in that 3% of a kill counts to that kill you have to do better with sticking things in that require people to wait for 10 other buddies to come along to help out cause the boss has a one shot mechanic and requires 10 archers to take it down along with a great deal of kiting. If you want to make it like this okay, but don't then create a game where the rest of the experience is done independent of the group your in with them having the same conversation with the NPC next to you but independently.

Finally in my mini rant, one shot kills should not be a part of any mechanic. Too often players have to compete with lag, bugs and crashes along various skills not firing etc. This add plenty of difficulty to fights, to then have a one shot kill where you have to learn by wiping just turns the experience into something of a joke. It turns us in the Captain Scarlet of the hero world, our one power the ability not to die is the only thing that allows us to achieve anything. Seriously the guys was pathetic, if he could have died he would have been dead in the first episode and they could have made the show about someone half way competent able to react to the situation and not just die in them. The same goes for our hero, I play other MMO's where the raid group wipes 8 times (often /stuck when the healer goes down) to learn boss fight mechanics. It would be nice to play a hero that is capable beyond their respawn super power.
  • Doctordarkspawn
    Doctordarkspawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

To you.

Trumpeting your experience and skill and willingness to adopt the latest meta as the only experience, Is why I, and hopefully others, hate people like you. (And that's not even counting the grind for best in slot gear and so fourth.) You tear the rift between Casual and Elite wider and wider, and make pinpointing what is -actually- a problem that much more difficult for us, and the devs. You actively damage any attempt to ballance the game by screaming that it's easy. For you.

Not everyone plays the same. As someone who plays with a controller due to motor control damage, not all of us are capable of your amazing feats. Some people learn different, some people play different, and some people just disagree. Get over it. Not everything is a japanese style test of your honor.

If you have nothing reasonable or constructive to contribute, that is to say, something to say, say nothing. Dissent is fine. But idiotic bashes against people and telling them the game is easy isn't Dissent, dissent has a point and evidence to support that point.

@Milvan
    Edited by Doctordarkspawn on October 9, 2016 10:01AM
  • Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

To you.

Trumpeting your experience and skill and willingness to adopt the latest meta as the only experience, Is why I, and hopefully others, hate people like you. (And that's not even counting the grind for best in slot gear and so fourth.) You tear the rift between Casual and Elite wider and wider, and make pinpointing what is -actually- a problem that much more difficult for us, and the devs. You actively damage any attempt to ballance the game by screaming that it's easy. For you.

Not everyone plays the same. As someone who plays with a controller due to motor control damage, not all of us are capable of your amazing feats. Some people learn different, some people play different, and some people just disagree. Get over it. Not everything is a japanese style test of your honor.

If you have nothing reasonable or constructive to contribute, that is to say, something to say, say nothing. Dissent is fine. But idiotic bashes against people and telling them the game is easy isn't Dissent, dissent has a point and evidence to support that point.

@Milvan

+1 Preach it!
  • Milvan
    Milvan
    ✭✭✭✭✭

To you.

@Milvan

I sat here for while, reading your comment, you assumed a lot of thing about me. Yets, let's make a few points clear firstly.
    Being a elitist and thinking the game is easy are two completely different things. Btw, they are pretty much the opposite, if I'm a elitist it means that I think that the content is actually hard and I need the best players to run it with me, don't you think? There isn't any determinism on that, there is a lot of differents elitist players out there. Therefore, the metonymy that you applied - the whole [people that think that the game is too easy] for one of it's parts [elitists] - is shallow and poor.

Concerning my in-game ethics, you assumed a lot: a) did I ever say anything about my experience? No. I didn't. Actually, just to let you know, I'm pretty average. I take two hours to finish the Maelstorm, never made more than 22k dps on my stamblade, only have three toons, I'm still 100 cps away from the cap etc etc; b) did you ever saw me "LFM CP561+ STORMPROFF GOLD GEAR FOR FG1 VETHM"?No, because I'm no elitist neither. Even tho we are not here to discuss my ingame ethics, the amount of thing that you assumed that I am was just...awkward.

The last, but not less important, your semiotic analysis of my comment. Well, indeed I didn't say much. I could argue, bring up some evidence, hipothesis, results, but I didn't. Is there a problem in that? Tecnically, no, it is just another comment lying in the forum to be forgotten by the endless amount of information that we stack here every minute. But you are right, I didn't try to make a point, if I was willing to bring up more people to agree with my point of view, I should have done that indeed. But at the moment, I didn't really care to make one and just want to express my point of view without really worrying about developing it.

Tho, the fact that my comment is not substantially develop, doesn't justify the huge amount of things you assume about me, the elitists, and the people that think the game is too easy and that is soo cheap as my three line comment.

(edit: minor typos, english isn't my first language, and I forgot to mention you @Doctordarkspawn )
    Edited by Milvan on October 10, 2016 1:34PM
    “Kings of the land and the sky we are; proud gryphons.” Stalker stands, the epitome of pride. Naked and muscular, his wings widen and his feet dig in as if he alone holds down the earth and supports the heavens, keeping the two ever separate.”
    Gryphons guild - @Milvan,
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You do understand that on the Nintendo Entertainment System [NES] the difficulty was there because those games you mentioned; MegaMan, Ninja Gaiden are short games. Why make them absurdly easily if they are short? Also these are platformers, ESO is an Open-world Style MMO. These two genres are very different.

Bloodborne, Dark Souls and to an extent Super Metroid all focus on level design. Where they differ is; Bloodborne is about the character and weapons, Dark Souls the gear and Super Metroid was 2D side scrolling exploration. They share a lot of the same common threads but they are also not Open-World Style of game play. In all 3 the player follows a very set path, what makes these games interesting in that regard is they follow the Metroidvania* arch-type. ESO is not a Metroidvania game at all.

After spending a couple of hours in PvE playing One Tamriel, I am convinced it's the best PvE has ever been--this is coming from some one that ONLY PVPed period. If you're looking for difficulty, there are places where harder difficulty is most certainly welcomed. But in open world PvE I agree that the scaling fits like a glove and opened the world up to newer players so they can mingle with the veterans and not struggle. You got world bosses that you need people for and all of the bosses drop meaningful loot.
    Metroidvania games generally feature a large interconnected world map the player can explore, though access to parts of the world is often limited by doors or other portals that can only be opened after the player has acquired special items, tools, weapons or abilities within the game. Acquiring such improvements can also aid the player in defeating more difficult enemies and locating shortcuts and secret areas, and often includes retracing one's steps across the map. Through this, Metroidvania games include tighter integration of story and level design, careful design of levels and character controls to encourage exploration and experimentation, and a means for the player to become more invested in their player character. Metroidvania games typically are two-dimensional platformers, but can also include other genre types. Though popularized during the early console generations, the genre has seen a resurgence since the 2000s due to critically praised, independently developed games.
  • Doctordarkspawn
    Doctordarkspawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

To you.

@Milvan

I sat here for while, reading your comment, you assumed a lot of thing about me. Yets, let's make a few points clear firstly.
    Being a elitist and thinking the game is easy are two completely different things. Btw, they are pretty much the opposite, if I'm a elitist it means that I think that the content is actually hard and I need the best players to run it with me, don't you think? There isn't any determinism on that, there is a lot of differents elitist players out there. Therefore, the metonymy that you applied - the whole [people that think that the game is too easy] for one of it's parts [elitists] - is shallow and poor.

Concerning my in-game ethics, you assumed a lot: a) did I ever say anything about my experience? No. I didn't. Actually, just to let you know, I'm pretty average. I take two hours to finish the Maelstorm, never made more than 22k dps on my stamblade, only have three toons, I'm still 100 cps away from the cap etc etc; b) did you ever saw me "LFM CP561+ STORMPROFF GOLD GEAR FOR FG1 VETHM"?No, because I'm no elitist neither. Even tho we are not here to discuss my ingame ethics, the amount of thing that you assumed that I am was just...awkward.

The last, but not less important, your semiotic analysis of my comment. Well, indeed I didn't say much. I could argue, bring up some evidence, hipothesis, results, but I didn't. Is there a problem in that? Tecnically, no, it is just another comment lying in the forum to be forgotten by the endless amount of information that we stack here every minute. But you are right, I didn't try to make a point, if I was willing to bring up more people to agree with my point of view, I should have done that indeed. But at the moment, I didn't really care to make one and just want to express my point of view without really worrying about developing it.

Tho, the fact that my comment is not substantially develop, doesn't justify the huge amount of things you assume about me, the elitists, and the people that think the game is too easy and that is soo cheap as my three line comment.

(edit: minor typos, english isn't my first language, and I forgot to mention you @Doctordarkspawn )

I made assumptions based on your behavior, previous experiences with you on the forums, and I do not apologize for any of them. (Though I wont pick on you for the mispelling. Hell, english is my first language and I cant spell half the damn time.)

What I will stand by, is the constant complaining about difficulty on content you have mastered, does do real damage to the game, because then the devs cannot get accurate opinions. To get accurate readings.

The devs should not need to fight the forums to find out what is a problem. You are doing damage.
    Edited by Doctordarkspawn on October 10, 2016 2:23PM
  • carljokl
    carljokl
    ✭✭✭
    I only got through the first page so sorry if I missed something.

I can see the point that there can be a lack of variety in fighting bosses. I understand what is meant by just increasing difficulty by tweaking hit points and damage and damage resistance.

Practically every boss seems to be the same thing. Just keep hitting it with damage and avoid its attacks. Especially stay out of the way of any one hit kill abilities.

Bosses don't seem to have any particular mechanic to them. Some PvE bosses may include some special item or ability you have acquired. Press the action button to use this ability at key points. Often this helps but is not strictly necessary to beat it.
    So many other games have very specific mechanics to beating a boss. The Zelda series revolves a lot around learning what mechanic to use to beat a boss. Rarely is it just a matter of hit it over and over until it eventually dies. I think of the final boss battles in Portal. No weapon involved. Defeating the boss is purely about figuring out the mechanic. I think of something that would be even more obscure like Spiral Knights. That only had a small number of big bosses but each one involved a particular mechanic to defeat.

It would be nice to feel like beating a boss wasn't just about having the right gear or build. In Portal for example the gear never changes. Others there is less variety.

That said I am thinking of of Skyrim and wondering if there were mechanics to the battles there. I recall having to use dragon shouts at the right moment to fight some of the bosses. Pull a dragon from the sky with dragon rend then fight it. Use clear skies to clear fog from the final dragon battle then fight it with your companions.

These kinds of mechanics just don't seem be a thing in ESO.

It could be worse though. Hopefully we are well beyond the fashionable trend of games in the last decade having the boss fights involve Quick Time Events. I mostly enjoyed Force Unleashed (albeit it has quite a console feel to it.) but the quick time events I could of happily done without.

"Artificial" difficulty might not always be the best way to describe it. Adding difficulty in a way that does not relate to skill and strategy or factors over which the player has some control.

*Retires to re-enforced bunker*
    My Characters

Xargothius: Breton - JOAT / Magsorc | Orchid the Fair: Orismer - Crafter / Heavy Tank | Voneri Vox: Dunmer - Magplar Healer | Rexorgiana: Imperial - Temptress / Magblade
    Phirkius: Altmer - MagSorc | Rexorigus: Imperial - Med Tank / StamKnight | Sven Svedishchef: Nord - Provisioner / Stamplar | Finds-All-Fungi: Argonian - Alchemist/ Stamblade
    Emerald-Wild-Guard: Bosmer - Wyrd / StamSorc | Nates Datum Festi: Imperial - Light Tank / StamKnight | Magnolia Desert-Blossom: Redguard - 2 Handed Stamplar | Shadow-Softpaw: Khajiit - StamBlade
    Sorcerer | Dragon Knight | Templar | Night Blade
  • Rastoide
    Rastoide
    ✭✭✭
    Sigh.. its a casual Elders scrolls game. Might actually be the best casual game ever to be. Dificulty is just an illusion
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So it seems that the people HAPPY with the increased difficulty are mostly those who have 2-3 years, or since launch, experience with the game.

Those opposed, seem to be the late comers who will obviously have less experience, less CP and are used to post-launch nerfing difficulty. This might fly on PC, but consoles are a different demographic and I would bet a large portion of the latter player base will ditch ESO for something more casual/fun based.

Edit: Spelling

@Bobby_V_Rockit

New players need to get experience. With time and practice they will. It also helps to run with an active guild with decent players since playing in an effective vacuum and merely running the build that one thinks is good does not help a player improve. Also, guild mates often are more patient with a player learning.
  • KloudKotuzai
    KloudKotuzai
    ✭✭
    There should be a whole new difficulty for this type. With mechanics where you dont just damage the boss until they are down, but to where they can dodge your skills or spells. Reduce your mana or stamina pool and to just try to survive. Or a boss that is you in the end using your skills against you and having access to all your passives including armor/weapons but their life is like double of yours. In a sense where you're bettering yourself.

And dont have these drop more sets or so. Have it give us a ton of gold along with tannins, and something worth going thru it. not just another grind for a chance at a drop. just Ideas
    Edited by KloudKotuzai on October 10, 2016 4:09PM
  • PurifedBladez
    PurifedBladez
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dude I swear you use ideas from other people's threads that don't get much attention.

I don't understand you at all.
  • Francescolg
    Francescolg
    ✭✭✭✭
    Funny, there is so much "action" in the forums, that no one seems to notice the drastically increased damage of bosses, even in "Normal" mode.

Stop talking too much about open world bosses, talk about dungeons!
  • Tannus15
    Tannus15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think ZoS have done an amazing job with this update.

The difficulty range in dungeons is awesome. The difficulty range in the different dungeons is impressive. There are learner dungeons like fungal and spindle which an experienced player can solo, but to a new player they are a nice introduction to playing in a group and boss mechanics.

Then there are the harder dungeons like black heart and selenes. And then the story 2 dungeons which are harder still. And finally "screw you pansies!" vWGT and vICP. I don't even bother running that.

It's hard.

Personally I'm hell impressed with the job ZoS have done in balancing the content for all levels of players.

Side note : All computer game content which isn't just RNG based and not vs other players is easy after you've done it a few times. This is because people are good at working out patterns and all computer games are based on patterns. The only way to make it harder is to somehow have bosses dynamically change their mechanics every time you fight them. And that's NEW mechanics every time.