The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

9 traits! Finally! Now what?

• lonewolf26
    lonewolf26
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to the fold. Be prepared for an inbox filled with requests from guildies asking you to craft Twice Born Star.

Seriously though congrats.
  • Ayantir
    Ayantir
    ✭✭✭✭
    Respec to get back your points, they're now useless.

When you need money, just post on your trading guild your specs and some random peon will ask you a craft.
    edit your note to introduce your crafting skill.

And start the eternal hunt for styles.

Ayantir, 9 traits before IC..
    Obsessive Compulsive Elder Scrolls addons Coder
    A Few millions downloads of ESO addons now.
    Master crafter on my main char since release. All tradeskills, recipes \o/, researchs (since long), 35 styles known
    My little french Guild: Cercle de l'Eveil
  • Lord_Wrath
    Lord_Wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I imagine there will be more coming to crafting before there will be an achievement and title for master crafter.
    1300+ CP | Lørd Wrath | - Sorcerer - Palatine - Grand Master Crafter - 30000 Achievement Points
    Launch Player - PC - NA - EP
  • KingYogi415
    KingYogi415
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Do you have every motif?

Start running dailys.
  • Saoirse_Siobhan
    Saoirse_Siobhan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do you have every motif?

Start running dailys.

Nope, and as I said earlier, my gold will be running out fast! The Gold Coast dailies have a good drop rate for motifs it seems, but I haven't got any from Wrothgar yet =(
    PC/EU DC
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    OMG I just realised I've finally finished researching 9 traits in everything, and it only took 15 months! :|
    Well that was a little underwhelming, sill waiting for an achievement for this!

... I'm starting to think this was a waste of time...

Would you pls craft me this @TheWhiteDarkness ?

I am on PC EU

How much do you charge/piece in case that I provide all the mats?

Would you be able to craft me 5 Eternal Hunt and 4 Morkuldin (2 armor, 2H, bow)?

I have about half the mats that you would need, I am gathering more, I have some gold too.

I would need:
    - 5 x Eternal Hunt - all medium, CP160 everything, 3 x well fitted big pieces, 2 impen, all xivkin - I have enought charcoal of remorse,
    - 3 x Morkuldin, armor 2x heavy, CP160 too, 2 impen, all xivkyn too
    - 2H sword morkuldin, CP160, daedric (I have daedra hearts), sharpened
    - bow morkuldin, CP160 too, deadric, sharpened

@altemriel - please write me mail here or in the game if you would want to do it.
    Edited by altemriel on September 30, 2016 9:42AM
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'll get there myself in a couple of months. I can barely wait to get my 8 points back from blacksmithing and clothier (got the 4 from woodworking earlier since research is much quicker) because I want to spec 2W on my tank/DD/PvP/master crafter.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nothing. There's 2 sets that drop from zone next patch that out perform Twice Born Star, the only 9 trait craftable armour set that's worth a ***.
    PC EU
  • bryanhaas
    bryanhaas
    ✭✭✭✭
    OMG I just realised I've finally finished researching 9 traits in everything, and it only took 15 months! :|
    Well that was a little underwhelming, sill waiting for an achievement for this!

... I'm starting to think this was a waste of time...

Now you must acquire the banana's ALL THE BANANA'S!!!
    PS4 NA AD GM formerly known as GM of "The Children of the Void"

9 trait crafter I do all the things (Yes I mean ALL the things ;0).

Price list: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FTV7ACtmEpQQwsEiHVcrBxC0zKaj6LKvc3An7dGG2t0/edit?usp=sharing
    Youtube: MaulochBaal https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRav05_8nWGvlTrfBBefaEw/featured
  • creativetester
    creativetester
    Soul Shriven
    I have 9 traits in everything and it took me a full year of dedication. There should be an achievement as well as an in game title of master crafter. We work hard for that, harder than anything else in the game and certainly more time consuming than all other components of the game combined. It deserves an achievement and a title
  • Elmour0Fudd
    Elmour0Fudd
    ✭✭
    15 Month's nice one and yes some title would be nice you get one for Master Mage,
    and several other things give title's
    and the 3 wearable craft's do take a fair bit of work to master...... bit like a BSc or BA
    so how about
    " Journeyman Of Craft "

if you already have Master Mage, Provisoner Enchanter
    become's
    " Master Of Craft's "

if and when we have Jewellery as a Craft title could go to,

" Professor Of Craft "

is that effort now looking worth while for you

TheWhiteDarkness
    Try Cat herding it's fun thay said you'll love it it's a good honest job........ bollock's you need Silverweave body armour to stop em fighting, but a stuffed mouse on a string can help!

• Snarrffffff

[/PC NA mainly dead Breton magic sorcerer b]

https://1drv.ms/i/s!Alg5EQDPhr8CemxApWeDYYkydrc

oh what fun
  • Whiphid
    Whiphid
    ✭✭✭✭
    They should really change some of the 8 and 9 trait craftable sets in the game. Because the current options are very limited. Crafted sets should be better or at least on par with dropped sets. With BoP the era of farmers is over anyway.

Most of the crafted sets are now Julianos or Hundigs, both of which only require 6 traits. We should get equivalents of those sets with better stats at 9 traits.
    One land! One Emperor! Who among you will stand with me?

PS4/EU - Breton Sorcerer / Breton Healplar / Khajiit Stamblade / Khajiit Stamplar / Altmer SorcTank
    Grand Master Crafter and Guild Master of the Aetherium Alliance.
  • justinbarrett
    justinbarrett
    ✭✭✭
    tbh I'm not very impressed with the 9 traits sets...I would prefer a bit more powerful set/sets...provided they bind on pick up...to both prevent everyone from being OP and to promote the crafting in general....I don't like that drops have gotten better than the crafted sets either(something that was said would not happen by ZOS)...starting to feel like I am playing WoW again.....
  • BlanketFort
    BlanketFort
    ✭✭✭✭
    disintegr8 wrote: »
    Stock up on resources and sell 9 trait set pieces in guild stores... Otherwise, yea, you wasted your time.
    Fortunately, this is one of the few things that does not take a lot of actual player time. All you do is start the item research at a crafting station and come back in x many days to kick off the next one, so you do not really waste a lot of time doing this.

The biggest headache I found when I was only running one character and trying to do the research with him were the skill points I allocated for crafting that I could not use elsewhere. Once I started other characters and dedicated him to just crafting, this was not an issue.

you dont need a dedicated crafter really

my main is not long from having 9 traits in everything (just 9th trait 4 maul & mace which are researching atm)

she has every passive/skill/morph available to her, inc ledgerman, TG, DB, fighters guild even though they really arent useful anymore as a mag sorc & a bunch of skills locked behind vampire because i forgot to respec before curing myself, and also the research skill points in clothing & blacksmiting

and there are still some skillpoints ive yet to acquire with her, she's only a major in pvp and i havent got around to running the 2 new dungeons on her (yet)

@puffytheslayer you mean to tell me, the skill points from the Vamprire Skill line are not automatically given back to you after having sought out the cure?

Can anyone please confirm this?

• altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    disintegr8 wrote: »
    Stock up on resources and sell 9 trait set pieces in guild stores... Otherwise, yea, you wasted your time.
    Fortunately, this is one of the few things that does not take a lot of actual player time. All you do is start the item research at a crafting station and come back in x many days to kick off the next one, so you do not really waste a lot of time doing this.

The biggest headache I found when I was only running one character and trying to do the research with him were the skill points I allocated for crafting that I could not use elsewhere. Once I started other characters and dedicated him to just crafting, this was not an issue.

you dont need a dedicated crafter really

my main is not long from having 9 traits in everything (just 9th trait 4 maul & mace which are researching atm)

she has every passive/skill/morph available to her, inc ledgerman, TG, DB, fighters guild even though they really arent useful anymore as a mag sorc & a bunch of skills locked behind vampire because i forgot to respec before curing myself, and also the research skill points in clothing & blacksmiting

and there are still some skillpoints ive yet to acquire with her, she's only a major in pvp and i havent got around to running the 2 new dungeons on her (yet)

@puffytheslayer you mean to tell me, the skill points from the Vamprire Skill line are not automatically given back to you after having sought out the cure?

Can anyone please confirm this?

I can not confirm it from my own experience, but I read here more times, that no - the skill points you have to first reset and then let your vampirism cured, otherwise you will not get the skill points from the vampire skill line refunded back
  • XDragonDoomX
    XDragonDoomX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would be very interesting if, when the housing & furniture crafting is introduced, that only 9 trait crafters could make the furniture...
    "Forums are like a herd of performing elephants with diarrhea.
    massive, difficult to redirect, awe-inspiring, entertaining, and a source of
    mind-boggling amounts of excrement when you least expect it. ”

(with apologies to Eugene H. Spafford, aka Spaf)

I have the power to please one person per day. Today is not your day.
    Tomorrow... Tomorrow does not look good either.

82. Victory laps after killing the dragon with my 1d2 bow is considered in poor taste.
    83. My gnome does not like big butts and he cannot lie.
    84. Not allowed to talk my fellow inquisitors into buying a 220lb pull crossbow.
    85. Not allowed to talk my fellow inquisitors into buying an industrial strength flamethrower.
    86. Not allowed to make a superhero with a 99% chance of dodging even after the -10 penalty for a successful called shot.
    87. There is no such thing as a dwarven katana.
    88. My bard does not get a bonus to perform if she is obviously not wearing anything under her tabard.
    89. The elf's name is not Legolam.
    ** Mr Glenn's Forbidden activities list**

• Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It would be very interesting if, when the housing & furniture crafting is introduced, that only 9 trait crafters could make the furniture...

In addition to that, each piece of furniture should require 25 potent and 50 fortified nirncrux.
    #MakeCraglornFarmAgain
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |