The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

/latency and /fps not working on PS4

psxfloh
psxfloh
✭✭✭✭
Hi there!

Why does neither /latency nor /fps work on consoles?

I would really like to know whether I have latency/lag issues and whether any measures to "improve" latency do actually work.
Or is there any other way to measure response times for the ESO-servers (like pinging their IP or something)?!

Best Answer

• Serjustin19
    Serjustin19
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    psxfloh wrote: »
    Hi there!

Why does neither /latency nor /fps work on consoles?

I would really like to know whether I have latency/lag issues and whether any measures to "improve" latency do actually work.
    Or is there any other way to measure response times for the ESO-servers (like pinging their IP or something)?!

Hi. I think I be able to help you. I am unsure about the latency and fps even though I am on PS4 EU. I believe it is to advance for consoles still. But in fututre it might come.

Since Sony and Bethesda came in agreement for player mods for fallout and Skyrim recently. This week. Hopefully ESO player mods will to, also come to play on consoles. Therefor maybe we might, expect a player based mod with fps and latency for consoles.

However you are able to test ESO ping with a third party app. Or via your router. Tou can also do on computer but. I am afraid I forgot the steps.

However bad news is. I keep pinging NA server. Via my third party app and my router. It fails for some reason. Just not work.

However good news if you are EU. Like me. You are able to ping EU server. I do this all the time with Third party app and via my router. Get around 230-250ping sometimes 300. In rare case I get 198 ping.

The PS4 EU Server is 195.122.154.1

I forgot the PS4 NA server since I could never able to ping that server. Just only the PS4 EU server I could ping.

Here is the link for Both PS4 EU and PS4 NA server
    https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/30903/kw/Eu server ping

I hope this helps and maybe you have luck with PS4 NA if you need to use it. But Pinging PS4 EU server. Works indeed if you are on EU server
    Formerly Serjustin19, Save for Forum Of Course.... Fiery_Darkness (PC NA) currently.
    Answer ✓
  • psxfloh
    psxfloh
    ✭✭✭✭
    thank you very much for your answer!

according to my "ping 195.122.154.1" (I'm on EU) via cmd.exe response times are around 30ms... wow!
    "ping 198.20.198.110" (NA) on the other hand results in 100% package loss!?
  • Serjustin19
    Serjustin19
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    psxfloh wrote: »
    thank you very much for your answer!

according to my "ping 195.122.154.1" (I'm on EU) via cmd.exe response times are around 30ms... wow!
    "ping 198.20.198.110" (NA) on the other hand results in 100% package loss!?

You are so welcome. I am so gkad it works for you. In honestly I don't think (NA) does not work. Least it not for me but you have 100% package loss. So wonder if ZOS didn't update the (NA) server if they did change the ip.

@ZOS_GinaBruno is the (NA) PS4 ip to ping not working? We both have problems. But (EU) PS4 ip does work to ping.
    Formerly Serjustin19, Save for Forum Of Course.... Fiery_Darkness (PC NA) currently.
  • MaKTaiL
    MaKTaiL
    ✭✭✭✭
    I tried pinging the EU server and it's not working. A maintenance is in effect at the time I wrote this post though. Maybe that's why.