Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

One Tamriel Purple Jewelry Overland Sets - How to Get it?

scorpiodog
scorpiodog
✭✭✭✭✭
So far I've got a few pieces of purple armor from bosses and dolmens, but no purple jewelry. It also seems like I don't usually get purple except the first time I kill a boss.

Could this be because so many people are on the one boss? Would I get better gear if fewer people were attacking?

Or is Purple gear limited in another way?

Or is it completely random with no rhyme or reason to it whether you get green or purple from world bosses and dolmens?

Oh - and does anyone want to buy any green CP 160 jewelry (Red Mountain / Shalk / Sun) lol?
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's all RNG man. There's no trick to it. You could put 75 points into one of the green trees to unlock the Treasure Hunter passive to "increase" your chances, but I think it's like 0.01%
  • scorpiodog
    scorpiodog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alucardo wrote: »
    It's all RNG man. There's no trick to it. You could put 75 points into one of the green trees to unlock the Treasure Hunter passive to "increase" your chances, but I think it's like 0.01%

I'd take .01% if it meant I'd actually get a purple jewelry after killing a boss 100 times. I think I killed about 20 bosses and did 20 Dolmens last night and the best jewelry I got was one blue.

Doing the math it looks like I'd have to do 1,000 world bosses and Dolmens to just get a full set of purple jewelry. I guess for 3 Gold jewelry I'll need to do it 1 million times, lol.

So it looks like I'm going to abandon even trying to get overland jewelry. At least for Dungeon gear I can increase the quality of the gear by doing harder dungeon modes.
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    scorpiodog wrote: »
    I guess for 3 Gold jewelry I'll need to do it 1 million times, lol.
    Before anyone tries that, patch notes only say green, blue, and purple set pieces drop on overland. Gold jewlery is only really mentioned for vet trials and a couple places in Cyrodiil, leader board and the weekly merchant.
    Edited by driosketch on October 6, 2016 9:38PM
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also worth noting that with the Treasure Hunter perk active, i collected several purple pieces from intermediate/advanced/master treasure chests last night. (world chests, *not* treasure map chests)
    shades.gif

PS: This also works for Treasure Map chests
    Edited by SirAndy on October 6, 2016 10:00PM
  • scorpiodog
    scorpiodog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    driosketch wrote: »
    I guess for 3 Gold jewelry I'll need to do it 1 million times, lol.
    Before anyone tries that, patch notes only say green, blue, and purple set pieces drop on overland. Gold jewlery is only really mentioned for vet trials and a couple places in Cyrodiil, leader board and the weekly merchant.

lol, so it's possible that gold jewelry from overland sets in regular zones (ie Red Mountain, Green Pact etc.) will never exist ...
    SirAndy wrote: »
    Also worth noting that with the Treasure Hunter perk active, i collected several purple pieces from intermediate/advanced/master treasure chests last night. (world chests, *not* treasure map chests)
    shades.gif

PS: This also works for Treasure Map chests

Thanks for the tip. Might be worth respecting CP for a week or two.

• Dubhliam
    Dubhliam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dolmens.
    You don't need the Treasure Hunter passive.
    >>>Detailed Justice System Concept thread<<<
  • Dubhliam
    Dubhliam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol, so it's possible that gold jewelry from overland sets in regular zones (ie Red Mountain, Green Pact etc.) will never exist ...

They will be rotated on the Cyrodiil vendor along with Monster sets.
    >>>Detailed Justice System Concept thread<<<
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dubhliam wrote: »

They will be rotated on the Cyrodiil vendor along with Monster sets.

This week looks like red mountain and knightmare, 250k
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • leeux
    leeux
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been playing very casually yesterday and the day before, and I already have several purple rings from at least three sets. They just drop from dolmens, and world bosses... and one of them I got it from a lucky Master chest that I've found inside a delve (yay!)
    PC/NA - Proud old member of the Antique Ordinatus Populus

My chars
    Liana Amnell (AD mSorc L50+, ex EP) =x= Lehnnan Klennett (AD mTemplar L50+ Healer/Support ) =x= Ethim Amnell (AD mDK L50+, ex DC)
    Leinwyn Valaene (AD mSorc L50+) =x= Levus Artorias (AD mDK-for-now L50+) =x= Madril Ulessen (AD mNB L50+) =x= Lyra Amnis (AD not-Stamplar-yet L50+)
    I only PvP on AD chars

~~ «And blossoms anew beneath tomorrow's sun >>»
    ~~ «I am forever swimming around, amidst this ocean world we call home... >>»
    ~~ "Let strength be granted so the world might be mended... so the world might be mended."
    ~~ "Slash the silver chain that binds thee to life"
    ~~ Our cries will shrill, the air will moan and crash into the dawn. >>
    ~~ The sands of time were eroded by the river of constant change >>