Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Revise the Motif/Level Linkage

bellanca6561n
bellanca6561n
✭✭✭✭✭
Given all the work to render levels moot, can we please decouple legacy motifs from levels as well?

What the heck am I talking about? The original motifs changed based on level. This was originally considered a feature because it was a sort of status display. If you saw, for example, a player wearing low cut bare belly Bosmer "armor" you knew they were below level 30.

Andala_Bank_Duds_zpsa9a935bb.png

Around 30 you covered up a bit more....

Andala_19_zps235b8462.png

And so on.

Each motif was a bit different. Some, such as Barbaric, change not at all. Some, such as Imperial, are less obsessed with cleavage and belly buttons, and more focused on how much arm is explosed. Low level Imperial shows bare arms, including shoulders. Then the shoulders are covered but you can still see some portion of exposed arm....

In%20Level%2030%20Gear_zpsizhksonr.png
Level%2030%20Outfit%20Side%20View_zpsfhfatjua.png

But after level 34 this character cannot remain in Imperial armor and show any arm at all - strange. Annoying too as she is a muscular Imperial woman and I like the look of the Imperial motif on her. Instead I'll have to abandon the motif entirely and use some costume.....such as Nedic armor....

Nedic%20Armor%20Costume_zpsybrkmfqw.png

Subsequent motifs didn't get into this sort of thing. It's a lot more work.

Just let me choose from among the styles in a motif collection and choose the level I'm crafting it for separately.

It would make crafting feel more like crafting and expand our ability to create distinctive looks for our characters.

• Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They just need to allow all materials to make all levels of gear. That should fix this issue, as it's more the Material Level that changed the gear's look, not the level of the gear itself.

Use the Material Passive to reduce the amount of mats needed to make an item form that material. Set the base amount high enough that people will invest the skill point to get the reduced mat requirement. So, uninvested, it would take say 40 Steel Ingots to make a Curaiss, but invested it would take 6 or 8 (whatever the number is now under the current system)

Make all nodes either randomly drop any material, or, scale it so the Material Passive you have selected makes 50% of the nodes spawn with that material, and the rest are random. Or, give each zone a material preference so 50% of the nodes spawn that, and the rest are Random.

Otherwise, we basically have a lot of mats that serve no real purpose other than for someone's first leveling character.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• bellanca6561n
    bellanca6561n
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Doubt that's going to happen, Nestor.

But it's a worthy notion.