The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

The Undaunted Chests ARE Rigged

• SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RunAway wrote: »
    This was always the plan. People horde keys, so they make the chests weighted to junk, so people spend those keys. Then they come out and say "Oh, that's a bug, we'll fix it" and now no one has hundreds of keys to get the best items. :)

agree.gif

Seems to be the case ...
    dry.gif
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bruh, dude.

obvious information is obvious.
    Tl;dr really weigh the fun you have in game vs the business practices you are supporting.
  • Panth141
    Panth141
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OP - would it be possible for you to post your actual data, please? Just the traits - I'd be interested in doing some statistics to see what the true figures are - accounting for error.
    PS4 EU - Panth141 | CP 630+
    Dominion
    Almalexia's Fallen - Magicka Dragonknight - PvE Main
    Lost Hope of Sotha Sil - Magicka Dragonknight - PvP Main
    Claws-in-pockets - Stamina Nightblade - PvE/P DPS
    Nocturnal's Guise - Magicka Nightblade - PvE DPS
    Udun - Magicka Templar - PvP Healer
    Onsi's Shattered Blade - Stamina Sorcerer - Dungeon/vMA Farmer
    Stands-like-Mountains - Magicka Nightblade - PvE Saptank
    Auri-El's Forgotten Light - Magicka Sorcerer - PvP DPS

Covenant
    Tharkün - Magicka Sorcerer - PvE DPS
    Rahai-Anaa - Stamina Dragonknight - Provisioner (lol)

Pact
    Perolis - Magicka Sorcerer - Enchanter/Alchemist/BwB PvP

• SanTii.92
    SanTii.92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Panth141 wrote: »
    OP - would it be possible for you to post your actual data, please? Just the traits - I'd be interested in doing some statistics to see what the true figures are - accounting for error.

He is just lying. There is no possible way that with 500 keys he got 80% training and prosperous, not even remotly close.
    When the snows fall and the white winds blow,
    the lone wolf dies, but the pack survives.

Arg | Pc Na | Factionless Mag Warden.
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    SanTii.92 wrote: »

He is just lying. There is no possible way that with 500 keys he got 80% training and prosperous, not even remotly close.
    Unless you know something we don't, there's a chance - impossibly slim, but it exists - that he'd get 100% Training items. Or 100% Divines. It's theoretically possible if every attempt draws from the full trait pool.
    Edited by Rosveen on October 7, 2016 6:21PM
  • SanTii.92
    SanTii.92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rosveen wrote: »

Unless you know something we don't, there's a chance - impossibly slim, but it exists - that he'd get 100% Training items. Or 100% Divines. It's theoretically possible if every attempt draws from the full trait pool.

I stand correct, the chances are just astronomically low. thanks for the correction.

• Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rosveen wrote: »

I stand correct, the chances are just astronomically low. thanks for the correction.
    Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying he's telling the truth for sure - I'd love to see the exact trait distribution too. But y'know, maths and RNG hell. Sometimes someone is just extremely unlucky...
    Edited by Rosveen on October 7, 2016 6:27PM
  • OtarTheMad
    OtarTheMad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @SanTii.92

Before you slam the OP and tell us to stop whining take a look at this video. Luckily for me, in my experience, I only had 10 keys but a lot of them were training and prosperous for me... sad but at least I didn't do what I had planned which was farm pledges.

https://youtu.be/kQUJVik9z5g
    Edited by OtarTheMad on October 7, 2016 6:33PM
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I swear, like a year ago, someone somewhere posted that the bad traits do have a higher percentage to drop.

I thought everyone knew the bad traits are designed to drop far more often
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Panth141
    Panth141
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Sure, there may be some exaggeration, but it would nonetheless be useful to see the percentages in a large(ish) dataset
    PS4 EU - Panth141 | CP 630+
    Dominion
    Almalexia's Fallen - Magicka Dragonknight - PvE Main
    Lost Hope of Sotha Sil - Magicka Dragonknight - PvP Main
    Claws-in-pockets - Stamina Nightblade - PvE/P DPS
    Nocturnal's Guise - Magicka Nightblade - PvE DPS
    Udun - Magicka Templar - PvP Healer
    Onsi's Shattered Blade - Stamina Sorcerer - Dungeon/vMA Farmer
    Stands-like-Mountains - Magicka Nightblade - PvE Saptank
    Auri-El's Forgotten Light - Magicka Sorcerer - PvP DPS

Covenant
    Tharkün - Magicka Sorcerer - PvE DPS
    Rahai-Anaa - Stamina Dragonknight - Provisioner (lol)

Pact
    Perolis - Magicka Sorcerer - Enchanter/Alchemist/BwB PvP

• Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS is all of this intended, in regards to loot distribution of traits?

Very much so possible, and a lot more common than you would imagine. RNG in ESO is not exactly as friendly and generous as you'd imagine. Case and point, look at VMA. People with over 800 runs, and never seen an inferno staff. Though that's a different loot table all in of itself, the fact still remains that the current state that ZOS is using for RNG is garbage.

While I would love to, I don't have the actual pieces individually written down. The 80% was a close approximation. However! I can tell you that out of those keys used, only 9 or so were divines if I can recall correctly. And as for the majority that wasn't prosperous or training, it was impenetrable and reinforced. I got a lot of well-fitted, but not as many as reinforced and impenetrable. And infused was relatively low as well.
    Edited by Ch4mpTW on October 7, 2016 7:00PM
  • SanTii.92
    SanTii.92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ch4mpTW wrote: »

Very much so possible, and a lot more common than you would imagine. RNG in ESO is not exactly as friendly and generous as you'd imagine. Case and point, look at VMA. People with over 800 runs, and never seen an inferno staff. Though that's a different loot table all in of itself, the fact still remains that the current state that ZOS is using for RNG is garbage.

false again, no one with 800 ma runs have never seen dropped an inferno staff.
    Edited by SanTii.92 on October 7, 2016 7:14PM

• MasterPerceval
    MasterPerceval
    ✭✭✭
    Why does ZOS always have to make things such a struggle... Just make things reasonable and not so excessive!
    PC EU

Estelle van Heeckeren - DC Redguard Stamina Sorcerer
    Nikita Nightclaws - AD Khajiit Stamina Nightblade
    Amarië Tar-Míriel - AD High-Elf Magicka Templar
    Cimmerian Mortis - AD Dunmer Magicka Dragon Knight
    Maud van Heeckeren - AD Redguard Stamina Sorcerer
    blåckstår - AD Nord Stamina Dragon Knight
    Salva Mae - AD Khajiit Stamina Warden
  • Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Lmao. Do you truly believe that? Do you really? Do you know how many people have quit ESO due to running VMA hundreds of times and not even seeing certain types of weapons...? Go do some digging around here on the forums, or just ask around.

Here's a tip, bruh. They ONLY made having a guaranteed drop on the final chest come around with the SotH DLC, while VMA has been out since the Wrothgar DLC. Even when they supposedly buffed the weapon drop rates in the chest to 50%, it actually felt quite more like 10%. As the amount of rings people got in the last chest was ridiculous. Robust Succession rings anybody? :D
    Edited by Ch4mpTW on October 7, 2016 7:22PM
  • alpehans
    alpehans
    ✭✭
    For me it's not just from undaunted chests. It's everywhere , you look over your inventory after a dungeon run and its 70 % or more of these 2 hated traits :(
  • SanTii.92
    SanTii.92
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Lmao. Do you truly believe that? Do you really? Do you know how many people have quit ESO due to running VMA hundreds of times and not even seeing certain types of weapons...? Go do some digging around here on the forums, or just ask around.

Here's a tip, bruh. They ONLY made having a guaranteed drop on the final chest come around with the SotH DLC, while VMA has been out since the Wrothgar DLC. Even when they supposedly buffed the weapon drop rates in the chest to 50%, it actually felt quite more like 10%. As the amount of rings people got in the last chest was ridiculous. Robust Succession rings anybody? :D

DIgging around the forums will show me nothing but baseless claims from frustrated players like you. I've experience Rng myself, I got code trait distribution, and there is nothing that would make me incline to think that Zos is purposely tempering the trait drop chances. So come here with proof or GTFO

• wayfarerx
    wayfarerx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Just to provide a counter example, I opened 111 undaunted chests on 1T day and < 30% of them were training or prosperous. I got about 10 divines and 10 impen.

Always remember that determining RNG drop rates through experimentation requires an absolutely massive sample size.
    @wayfarerx - PC / North America / Aldmeri Dominion
  • Tabbycat
    Tabbycat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Is it a bug or is it intended?
    Founder and Co-GM of The Psijic Order Guild (NA)
    0.016%
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

DIgging around the forums will show me nothing but baseless claims from frustrated players like you. I've experience Rng myself, I got code trait distribution, and there is nothing that would make me incline to think that Zos is purposely tempering the trait drop chances. So come here with proof or GTFO

The only "proof" would be a developer response, giving us specifics. They have been asked several times to comment if the traits are in fact evenly distributed in the loot table, because most of us believe they are not. No it is not conclusive, but I am going to take silence on their part as confirmation of our suspicions. Otherwise, why not just say they are the same across the board to stop the debate in it's tracks.

What we are left with is using circumstantial evidence to draw conclusions. We have posts from streamers like deltia opening 250 keys and getting 200 (80% drop) of one of these two terrible traits, which is powerful evidence that there is a problem. As for VMA, I generally have a hard time believing anyone that says they have done 800 runs, but like it or not, there are people that have. Gilliam and StreakOne, two of the best DPS PC/NA, have VMA have horror stories. At last update, I think Gilliam was on 300+ runs without the dagger he is after, and Streak finally got a Sharp inferno a few days ago. He has also done hundreds and hundreds of runs. You dont learn to clear that place in 30 minutes without doing hundreds of runs.

I am glad you like to troll, but I see no rationale in defending a broken system.
    Edited by Oreyn_Bearclaw on October 7, 2016 8:38PM
  • raidentenshu_ESO
    raidentenshu_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    OtarTheMad wrote: »
    @SanTii.92

Before you slam the OP and tell us to stop whining take a look at this video. Luckily for me, in my experience, I only had 10 keys but a lot of them were training and prosperous for me... sad but at least I didn't do what I had planned which was farm pledges.

oh my god all of those keys and most of them were the two crappy traits.
  • Tryxus
    Tryxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OtarTheMad wrote: »
    @SanTii.92

oh my god all of those keys and most of them were the two crappy traits.

Am I glad I used up all my keys before the update to get all the sets I needed in the right traits. Cuz now I would've gotten so many Training and Prosperous stuff from even more shoulders than before...
    "The Oak's Promise: stand strong, stay true, and shelter all"
    Tryxus of the Undying Song - Warden - PC/EU/DC
  • ZOS_RichLambert
    ZOS_RichLambert
    Creative Director
    The drop rates are the same as on PTS and they are all equally weighted. Couple quick charts cause I know everyone loves them. :wink:

Undaunted Chest results since OneTamriel went live. (NA PC only for time)
    1z5uq0o.jpg

...and seeing as @Deltia and his video was called out, here's exactly his breakdown over his 250 keys in the video.
    2wdzhqe.jpg

Yeah RNG wasn't kind on the Divines or Training rolls for him, but he got a lot more impen and infused than normal.
    Rich Lambert
    Creative Director - The Elder Scrolls Online
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube
    Staff Post
  • MyNameIsElias
    MyNameIsElias
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The drop rates are the same as on PTS and they are all equally weighted. Couple quick charts cause I know everyone loves them. :wink:

1z5uq0o.jpg

...and seeing as @Deltia and his video was called out, here's exactly his breakdown over his 250 keys in the video.
    2wdzhqe.jpg

Yeah RNG wasn't kind on the Divines or Training rolls for him, but he got a lot more impen and infused than normal.

If you dont want to remove the traits, atleast make them useful in combat.
    Edited by MyNameIsElias on October 8, 2016 9:14AM
  • hrothbern
    hrothbern
    ✭✭✭✭✭

1z5uq0o.jpg

2wdzhqe.jpg

You know Rich,
    that if you come all the time with hard data on hot topics
    we lose on the Forum the entertainment of these rants ;)

"I still do not understand why I followed the advice of Captain Rana to bring the villagers of Bleakrock into safety. We should have fought for our village and not have backed down, with our tail between our legs. Now my home village is in shambles, the houses burning, the invaders feasting.I swear every day to Shor that after Molag Bal has been defeated, I will hunt down the invaders and restore peace in Bleakrock and drink my mead with my friends at the market place".PC-EU
  • bantad87
    bantad87
    ✭✭✭
    As ZOS is turning this game into a gambling simulator they should do what all ethical gambling establishments do:

Post the actual odds, post the RNG source code so it can be reviewed by an independent party. Every casino in vegas is required to post the odds of winning and the underlying game mechanics.
    This game should be no different. Talking about loot drops and loot crates here.

We call schenanigans. It's time for ZOS to openly tell us how their RNG works and if they're are any "weights" that favor certain traits.

ZOS you have great content. PvP has amazing replayability and with One Tamriel, the grouping/dueling/exploring opportunities are everywhere.

Don't make RNG your endgame, don't make Prosperous and Training Raid bosses. You and your game are better than that.

They did mention this somewhere I believe. Prosperous and intricate have a 40% drop rate. If you haven't received a prosperous or intricate trait item in your last 2 drops, that percentage increases to 49% until you do receive one.

The system is weighted for those two traits.
  • Mic1007
    Mic1007
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, it really is just massive bad luck? That would explain my Divines drops I guess. I think the major problem is the fact that these traits exist in the loot table, so just seeing them show up dissapoints me. It feels like they come out more often due to how useless they are. They stand out the most.
    @Mic1007
    Champion Rank 900+
    DC/AD/EP
    PC NA

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rich can we negotiate and make training and prosperous to be weighted to get them LESS? Ehhh?
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • Mic1007
    Mic1007
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bantad87 wrote: »
    As ZOS is turning this game into a gambling simulator they should do what all ethical gambling establishments do:

Post the actual odds, post the RNG source code so it can be reviewed by an independent party. Every casino in vegas is required to post the odds of winning and the underlying game mechanics.
    This game should be no different. Talking about loot drops and loot crates here.

We call schenanigans. It's time for ZOS to openly tell us how their RNG works and if they're are any "weights" that favor certain traits.

ZOS you have great content. PvP has amazing replayability and with One Tamriel, the grouping/dueling/exploring opportunities are everywhere.

Don't make RNG your endgame, don't make Prosperous and Training Raid bosses. You and your game are better than that.

They did mention this somewhere I believe. Prosperous and intricate have a 40% drop rate. If you haven't received a prosperous or intricate trait item in your last 2 drops, that percentage increases to 49% until you do receive one.

Nah, they just posted the official stats from the PC/NA server. It's 12.5% per trait.
    @Mic1007
    Champion Rank 900+
    DC/AD/EP
    PC NA

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

1z5uq0o.jpg

2wdzhqe.jpg

nerf brown and orange,after Halloween.
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    bantad87 wrote: »

Can't tell if serious... You know these numbers were made up, right?