Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Tenth armor trait?

• Stardark
    Stardark
    ✭✭✭
    Other? - Please explain.
    Research beyond 9 traits means you can swap that trait to another on dropped gear.

So research everything, then spend 30 days researching training (Again) and you can now swap the training trait onto (Or out of depending how they want to do it) existing gear.

Now crafters might not be able to craft end game gear, but they no longer have to wait for the perfect drop at least.
  • White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Needs be something as those that have put the time and effort to get 9 traits have nothing left to do , which to me is pretty boring
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    They can't have a 10th Trait until they do something about Prosperous.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• biovitalb16_ESO
    biovitalb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Why do we need another useless trait?
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    I would like a revisit of the craftable item sets at first. So many of them are outdated in terms of usefulness (especially with one tamriel hitting live today).
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• BruceLeeroy91
    BruceLeeroy91
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    Why do we need another useless trait?

Why would it automatically be a useless trait? I like the idea of a trait that would decrease stun/loss of control duration (as mentioned earlier in this thread). I think something like that could be very useful especially in pvp.
  • karldavy149b16_ESO
    karldavy149b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    No
    what could the tenth trait possibly be that isnt already in the game maybe befor all the trait changes a 10th trait coulda happened but as it is aint nothing they could introduce
    Edited by karldavy149b16_ESO on October 5, 2016 3:07PM
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    the drops people get should be "Materials" for us crafters to use to make "ALL SET's"!
    instead of having the sets drop or purchased, just let the drops be certain materials instead of the actual armor set pieces!
    this way us crafters can make the armor like suppose to be!
  • Bryanonymous
    Bryanonymous
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Should we add a 9th devine? XD
  • BruceLeeroy91
    BruceLeeroy91
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    Cool @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_KaiSchober @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_GaryA @ZOS_TristanK move it to a thread that gets no attention...
  • BruceLeeroy91
    BruceLeeroy91
    ✭✭✭
    Yes

Not quite sure how that is relevant ha

Edited by BruceLeeroy91 on October 5, 2016 3:14PM
  • Bryanonymous
    Bryanonymous
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No

Only in a sense that we don't always need to add more. Especially when the current options are lousy. They really should revamp those instead.
  • BruceLeeroy91
    BruceLeeroy91
    ✭✭✭
    Yes

Only in a sense that we don't always need to add more. Especially when the current options are lousy. They really should revamp those instead.

Adding more isn't purely about the trait, it's also about putting some craftable gear that competes with end game drop gear. The 10th trait would put the ability behind a long research time making it more desirable (in theory).

Although as some have suggested a rework of current craftable sets to bring them more in line with end game drops would also be a welcome addition/solution.

Ultimately what I would like to see is crafters be the people who have access to the best gear, as it is in other successful MMOs.
  • Bryanonymous
    Bryanonymous
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No

Adding more isn't purely about the trait, it's also about putting some craftable gear that competes with end game drop gear. The 10th trait would put the ability behind a long research time making it more desirable (in theory).

Although as some have suggested a rework of current craftable sets to bring them more in line with end game drops would also be a welcome addition/solution.

Ultimately what I would like to see is crafters be the people who have access to the best gear, as it is in other successful MMOs.

Well they can start by adding a 6 trait magic set equivalent to Night Mothers Gaze. And don't say Julianos, because that's Hunding's Rage.
    Edited by Bryanonymous on October 5, 2016 3:36PM
  • RebornV3x
    RebornV3x
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Hell no to the no no
    Xbox One - NA GT: RebornV3x
    I also play on PC from time to time but I just wanna be left alone on there so sorry.
  • elantaura
    elantaura
    ✭✭✭✭
    Other? - Please explain.
    If its traits robust, healthy and arcane and comes with jewelry crafting ill take 3 (as in just for jewelry,) and we can craft it with 10 plus traits known sure bring it.
    otherwise nope, a big nope.

I agree with others Its silly that I am farming so many sets when im a 9 trait crafter, I did the longest grind for the least reward I got spell power cure in less in game time that it took me to learn TBS, and that was on a dlc so crafting got a big head start I got Vicious serpent in less time than it took me to make hundings? I should at least be able make a ring to accommodate sets for my effort that took forever. it would be nice to go I don't need the jewelry drop as I did the crafting grind and can work with what drops.Ideally I feel for the time spent comparatively, I should be able to "make" better gear and not have to farm but baby steps n all.
    PS4 EU 1200+ cp - I enjoy RP, Housing, PVE and PVP

• llllADBllll
    llllADBllll
    ✭✭✭
    No
    Think of the research time. 28 days with ESO Plus and 3/3 Passives for gaining a 9th so a 10th would be 32 x 33 / 3 = 302 days for all 10th Traits its a ridiculous concept for sets nobody will probably use. I think you should get a bonus to crafted items if you equip them yourself to make 9 traits worth doing since most Guilds have a Master Crafter now who will make your gear if you provide materials. A crafter can dream....
    CRAFTMASTER - DAGGERFALL EU XBOX ONE

GAMERTAG - DJANTBOWMAN

Tamriel Trading Company Guildmaster
  • BruceLeeroy91
    BruceLeeroy91
    ✭✭✭
    Yes

Well they can start by adding a 6 trait magic set equivalent to Night Mothers Gaze. And don't say Julianos, because that's Hunding's Rage.

lol I am well aware of the differences between Nightmother/Hundings and Julianos and the lack of a counterpart for night mothers.

Yes this would be a good start but still doesn't make end game crafted gear on par with end game drop gear

• BruceLeeroy91
    BruceLeeroy91
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    RebornV3x wrote: »
    Hell no to the no no

Care to elaborate why you feel this way?

• dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'd rather see new and interesting enchantment effects.
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>
  • AntMan100673
    AntMan100673
    ✭✭✭
    No
    No, even current 9 trait crafters would be looking at 5 months to become 10 trait crafters in everything.
    EU - EP - Dunmer - Dragonknight - Magicka DPS - CP160

GT: AntMan100673
  • helediron
    helediron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    We have already the tenth trait, intricate. It is just not craftable.
    On hiatus. PC,EU,AD - crafting completionist - @helediron 900+ cp, @helestor 1000+ cp, @helestar 800+ cp, @helester 700+ cp - Dragonborn Z Suomikilta, Harrods, Master Crafter. - Blog - Crafthouse: all stations, all munduses, all dummies, open to everyone
  • gamerguy757
    gamerguy757
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    10th Armor Trait:
    MAXIMIZE: Increases your largest resource by .5%/1%/1.5%2%/2.5%

10th Weapon Trait:
    HOLLOW: Charge-up attacks' cast time is reduced by 10%/11%/12%13%/15%
    Edited by gamerguy757 on October 5, 2016 10:49PM
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭