Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Having to choose server on every launch

Slammer99uk
Slammer99uk
✭✭✭
I have followed the advice given in the sticky at the top of every page and I have no problem understanding the process, but I am now having to swap servers back and forth on every launch of the game. It is like my Mac will just not remember which choice I made when playing previously.

To make matters more confusing the selection screen shows that it is already set to Live-EU but loads with no characters and I have to go through the selection process again.

Anyone got any ideas, this is driving me nuts?
  • Greifenherz
    Greifenherz
    ✭✭✭
    Having the same problem right now, waiting for the announcement to show I'm on EU servers. (I play on EU but it shows NA). Did you change server to the other and then back for it to work?
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This is just fu***** annoying ZOS, why do you keep introducing new bugs with every update????

Do you even fu**** do a proper Q&A?????????????

I mean no harm to anyone, but you should seriously consider firing some Q&A team employees, as they are obviously not doing the job right!!!!

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_RichLambert @ZOS_MattFiror
  • Lordbaa
    Lordbaa
    Soul Shriven
    Just wondering do you guys have desktop and documents going to iCloud as it seems Eso doesn't support that yet?
  • Slammer99uk
    Slammer99uk
    ✭✭✭
    Just to followup, I have been experimenting. Yes, the work around works, but only once, next time I login it goes back to the NA server by default.

I can solve this by launching the game directly from app. It is the launcher is causing the problem.

@Lordbaa - All my files are local, I don't want my private stuff flying around in the cloud :)
  • duncan_cougarpreeb18_ESO
    same ... it works once - when fresh settings - afterwards it always resets to NA server
    no matter that it still remembers and even shows that it should be set to EU

LOL - seriously --> unsubscribed again

If they can't get his sort of *** right ZOS doesn't deserve to get my money
    Edited by duncan_cougarpreeb18_ESO on October 6, 2016 12:11PM
  • duncan_cougarpreeb18_ESO
    problem can be work-around with the tip here

That such a work around is needed - and the problem only is detected by the outsourced QA department (read customer)
    And the issue not hot fixed but put on schedule for the next patch.

It's a joke

And that ZOS support seems to have taken a vacation in the week of a major update ...
    Seriously? No response for days from ZOS?

Talk about bad, worse, ZOS customer experience