Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

BWB - Come duel me

• ColoursYouHave
    ColoursYouHave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TipsyDrow wrote: »
    laksikus wrote: »
    Rikumaru wrote: »
    laksikus wrote: »
    Kas wrote: »
    Its funny how people assume that everybody who plays in BWB is bad. I know plenty of BWBers (myself included) who have gone into vet campaigns (usually Azura's since you don't gain CP playing in BWB) and have had a much easier time killing people there than in BWB. I know a lot of experienced PVPers prefer BWB because it tends to feel more balanced than the other campaigns; partially due to the lack of CP, and partially due to the absence of most endgame sets. Others enjoy it because they like the challenge of playing an incomplete build (seriously, try bringing a level 10-15 build into Cyrodiil and you'll see what I mean). There are lots of reasons people may prefer to play in BWB (and in all fairness, hoping to beat up on new players may be a reason for some people), but to assume that the only reason experienced players would want to play in BWB is because they are not good players is incredibly narrow-minded.

it's not that they are bad objectively, but they enjoy being the big fish in the small tank. especially if they even resort to calling for challenges on the forum. if you want a duel, just join your friendly duel guild and play with the big boys. it's not like there are "bad players" play on bwb. but it certainly attracts those that want to be at the very top but are unable to be there on normal campaigns. killing enough casual gamers is possible everywhere

to focus on your specific point: i agree, it's very hard to play with lvl 10 to 15. and that's exactly why a certain group of people enjoys it in particular to create a vet-like, fully-optimized character around level ~40 and to dominate all those who would just like to experience eso pvp without any experience. imho creating a build specifically for bwb is doing more harm to new players than any of the criticized elitists who will kick low cp people from PUGs or who won't join PUGs in cyro. The first group actively plays against those noobs and ruins their day. if you're so great at playing and creating builds, go sign up for tournaments, etc. but stop trying to be the biggest fish in the baby's pool

its not possible to level a full optimued char to lvl 40, thats simply too low to get some skills ans passives.
    you probably never will get the most usefull DK passive, with sorc you will miss some important skills, for nb you miss a burst combo, and for templar, you get no RD or rune.

optimized is something different.

And also why would I use good gear just at lvl 40? if i can make gold weapons at lvl 20 too?

Even the fact that you come here, into a thread where one player is looking for duels, and talk about killing noobs in open world pvp shows your ignorance.

my guess is that most new people dont even join pvp early on. just after the mainquest is done. And guess what will kill those noobs then? some wannabe ballgroups and viper procs from the latest fotm

All those other things aside,training glyphs will allow you to have a fully optimized build in bwb by lvl 36-38 if you grind with the correct skills on your bar. Please stop spreading misinformation.

Training gear no longer allows you to level skill lines faster than your XP levels. If anyone is spreading misinformation it is you.
    Its funny how people assume that everybody who plays in BWB is bad. I know plenty of BWBers (myself included) who have gone into vet campaigns (usually Azura's since you don't gain CP playing in BWB) and have had a much easier time killing people there than in BWB. I know a lot of experienced PVPers prefer BWB because it tends to feel more balanced than the other campaigns; partially due to the lack of CP, and partially due to the absence of most endgame sets. Others enjoy it because they like the challenge of playing an incomplete build (seriously, try bringing a level 10-15 build into Cyrodiil and you'll see what I mean). There are lots of reasons people may prefer to play in BWB (and in all fairness, hoping to beat up on new players may be a reason for some people), but to assume that the only reason experienced players would want to play in BWB is because they are not good players is incredibly narrow-minded.

This ^^

You would be wrong. I am continually 5-6 lvls above my character lvl on my skills when I use training gear. perhaps you should experience something before yapping your jaws huh?
    Toodles!!

It's you who is Wrong.
    Training only gives more XP now Not faster skill leveling.
    The only way to get skills higher than your Level is to Slot multiple skills from one skill line, which gives a bonus. And skill books

Old Training is gone sadly. No more Momentum at lvl 23.

Seriously? I was completely unaware of this. So if you are trying to level a skill while keeping your character level as low as possible, you'd want to use anything but training gear, right?

I don't know what these other people are talking about. I can tell you from experience that I, with a full set of training gear can have my skill lines 6 lvls above my character lvl by lvl 16 or so and they stay that way.

They aren't saying that your skill lines can't out level your character level, they're saying that training gear only increases XP for character level now, and not for skill lines. If this is true, wearing training gear would increase the rate at which you gain XP for your character level, while the rate at which you gain XP for skill lines would stay the same, meaning if you are trying to level skill lines while keeping your character level low (which is not an uncommon goal for leveling BWB characters), it is actually counterproductive to wear training gear since your character will level up faster while your skill lines level at the same rate.

Of course your skill lines can still out level your character by putting multiple skills from the same skill line on your bar, this is the case regardless of whether or not you wear training gear.
  • laksikus
    laksikus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And you can have that on class skill lines too if you Slot more than one.
    And class skills never were affected by training.
  • Candivino
    Candivino
    @Vrathak I'll duel you sometime on my stamina Dragonknight, but I first need to unlock Rally and get new gear.

This goes for everyone too.
    Edited by Candivino on October 1, 2016 8:42PM
    Candivino:Veteran Magicka Sorcerer
    Rellidore Dulac:Low-level Stamina Dragonknight
    Aldmeri Dominon, forever and always
  • Pomaikai
    Pomaikai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You want Big White Bosmer's to come duel you? I've seen some kinks in my time, but dude......
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone want to duel me? I am really tired of the hate tells and excuses to why you die.

If you want a friend, get a dog.
    AW Rank: Grand Warlord 1 ( level 49)