Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

BWB - Come duel me

• BurritoESO
    BurritoESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vrathak wrote: »
    Definitely bad players. And this thread is going to be shut down by a modo pretty soon I guess because Burrito hates us.... I`d like to see him come in BWB and show us what he knows about PvP.... Maybe he`ll destroy us who knows.... You`re up to walk the talk Burrito? Make yourself a nice build for non-vet.. whatever level you want.. whatever gear you want.. and come show me we`re just all "We think we`re good" as you keep saying.

This thread is all about duel, in the same environment with the same resources for everyone. I wonder if you could compete in such an environment... come duel me. And if you want me to come in Vet to duel you we all know if I kill you you`ll excuse yourself with the very popular "You`re battle scaled it`s OP"

Come to vet and duel me anyday. I'm always available for a duel.
    We can even do it in Azuras Star no CP camp
    Edited by BurritoESO on September 23, 2016 4:45PM
  • Vrathak
    Vrathak
    ✭✭✭
    BurritoESO wrote: »
    Definitely bad players. And this thread is going to be shut down by a modo pretty soon I guess because Burrito hates us.... I`d like to see him come in BWB and show us what he knows about PvP.... Maybe he`ll destroy us who knows.... You`re up to walk the talk Burrito? Make yourself a nice build for non-vet.. whatever level you want.. whatever gear you want.. and come show me we`re just all "We think we`re good" as you keep saying.

This thread is all about duel, in the same environment with the same resources for everyone. I wonder if you could compete in such an environment... come duel me. And if you want me to come in Vet to duel you we all know if I kill you you`ll excuse yourself with the very popular "You`re battle scaled it`s OP"

cool whats your @name? and which faction you`re playing to make sure I don`t bring in the same faction :wink: also you`re PC NA right?
  • laksikus
    laksikus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @BurritoESO
    a barking dog never bites.

there are way more noobs in TF than in bwb.

• BurritoESO
    BurritoESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    BurritoESO wrote: »

cool whats your @name? and which faction you`re playing to make sure I don`t bring in the same faction :wink: also you`re PC NA right?

PC Na @HangingBurrito
  • Vrathak
    Vrathak
    ✭✭✭
    I`ll send you a tell tonight after work once I put the baby to bed. Probably gonna be around 9-10PM EST.
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @BurritoESO , I'm still curious if I've ran into you in BwB.
    Adenoma-Badenoma-Sadenoma
  • Vrathak
    Vrathak
    ✭✭✭
    Adenoma wrote: »
    @BurritoESO , I'm still curious if I've ran into you in BwB.

I don`t think we would have noticed really.... But just in case... what was your name in BWB when you came in?
  • basement_ghost
    Excited for the next installation of this series
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eh, I'm just bored in BwB and vet PvP is a toxic game of procs.
  • Kas
    Kas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And of course this is all brag. I want to be taught a lesson and put back in my place.

here you are:
    anyone who goes through the effort of optimizing a build for bwb, must be a terrible player that can't do without an advantage. bonus points for the living jokes who level fighter's guild without getting xp (e.g. in party with a high lvl player at high lvl unscaled undeads mobs) for early dawnbreaker etc..
    Edited by Kas on September 24, 2016 10:45PM
    @bbu - AD/EU
    Kasiia - Templar (AR46)
    Kasiir Aberion - Sorc (AR38)
    Dr Kastafari - Warden (~AR31)
    + many others
  • ColoursYouHave
    ColoursYouHave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its funny how people assume that everybody who plays in BWB is bad. I know plenty of BWBers (myself included) who have gone into vet campaigns (usually Azura's since you don't gain CP playing in BWB) and have had a much easier time killing people there than in BWB. I know a lot of experienced PVPers prefer BWB because it tends to feel more balanced than the other campaigns; partially due to the lack of CP, and partially due to the absence of most endgame sets. Others enjoy it because they like the challenge of playing an incomplete build (seriously, try bringing a level 10-15 build into Cyrodiil and you'll see what I mean). There are lots of reasons people may prefer to play in BWB (and in all fairness, hoping to beat up on new players may be a reason for some people), but to assume that the only reason experienced players would want to play in BWB is because they are not good players is incredibly narrow-minded.
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turns out BwB is not the game of Elder Procs Online that vet PvP can be. Personally, I really enjoy the novelty of making builds that are missing key pieces for vet. For example, ever played magsorc and had to choose between having mines, hardened ward, and streak?

Next update it's also going to be somewhat difficult to get the weapon ultimates as well. Some of those (shield, 2h) look pretty degenerate on the PTS.
  • Kas
    Kas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its funny how people assume that everybody who plays in BWB is bad. I know plenty of BWBers (myself included) who have gone into vet campaigns (usually Azura's since you don't gain CP playing in BWB) and have had a much easier time killing people there than in BWB. I know a lot of experienced PVPers prefer BWB because it tends to feel more balanced than the other campaigns; partially due to the lack of CP, and partially due to the absence of most endgame sets. Others enjoy it because they like the challenge of playing an incomplete build (seriously, try bringing a level 10-15 build into Cyrodiil and you'll see what I mean). There are lots of reasons people may prefer to play in BWB (and in all fairness, hoping to beat up on new players may be a reason for some people), but to assume that the only reason experienced players would want to play in BWB is because they are not good players is incredibly narrow-minded.

it's not that they are bad objectively, but they enjoy being the big fish in the small tank. especially if they even resort to calling for challenges on the forum. if you want a duel, just join your friendly duel guild and play with the big boys. it's not like there are "bad players" play on bwb. but it certainly attracts those that want to be at the very top but are unable to be there on normal campaigns. killing enough casual gamers is possible everywhere

to focus on your specific point: i agree, it's very hard to play with lvl 10 to 15. and that's exactly why a certain group of people enjoys it in particular to create a vet-like, fully-optimized character around level ~40 and to dominate all those who would just like to experience eso pvp without any experience. imho creating a build specifically for bwb is doing more harm to new players than any of the criticized elitists who will kick low cp people from PUGs or who won't join PUGs in cyro. The first group actively plays against those noobs and ruins their day. if you're so great at playing and creating builds, go sign up for tournaments, etc. but stop trying to be the biggest fish in the baby's pool
    Edited by Kas on September 24, 2016 10:47PM
    @bbu - AD/EU
    Kasiia - Templar (AR46)
    Kasiir Aberion - Sorc (AR38)
    Dr Kastafari - Warden (~AR31)
    + many others
  • Stridig
    Stridig
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm bad
    Enemy to many
    Friend to all
  • laksikus
    laksikus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kas wrote: »

it's not that they are bad objectively, but they enjoy being the big fish in the small tank. especially if they even resort to calling for challenges on the forum. if you want a duel, just join your friendly duel guild and play with the big boys. it's not like there are "bad players" play on bwb. but it certainly attracts those that want to be at the very top but are unable to be there on normal campaigns. killing enough casual gamers is possible everywhere

to focus on your specific point: i agree, it's very hard to play with lvl 10 to 15. and that's exactly why a certain group of people enjoys it in particular to create a vet-like, fully-optimized character around level ~40 and to dominate all those who would just like to experience eso pvp without any experience. imho creating a build specifically for bwb is doing more harm to new players than any of the criticized elitists who will kick low cp people from PUGs or who won't join PUGs in cyro. The first group actively plays against those noobs and ruins their day. if you're so great at playing and creating builds, go sign up for tournaments, etc. but stop trying to be the biggest fish in the baby's pool

its not possible to level a full optimued char to lvl 40, thats simply too low to get some skills ans passives.
    you probably never will get the most usefull DK passive, with sorc you will miss some important skills, for nb you miss a burst combo, and for templar, you get no RD or rune.

optimized is something different.

And also why would I use good gear just at lvl 40? if i can make gold weapons at lvl 20 too?

Even the fact that you come here, into a thread where one player is looking for duels, and talk about killing noobs in open world pvp shows your ignorance.

my guess is that most new people dont even join pvp early on. just after the mainquest is done. And guess what will kill those noobs then? some wannabe ballgroups and viper procs from the latest fotm
  • Vrath
    Vrath
    ✭✭✭

There is really no denying some vet players play BWB to enjoy stomping new players/leveling players dabbling in pvp along the way. The twinks roll in groups together on discord, with their gold or purple gear optimized for their build (changed out every 6 levels), skill points allocated specifically for PvP "looking for competition" :wink:

Of course this doesn't apply to all BWB players, there are many reasons to prefer playing here but no one cant deny that isnt some players motivation.

It happens in all games that allow it, vet players that linger in leveling PvP leveraging everything they can to min max their character to gain an advantage in some case to the point the average leveling play stands no chance to fight back. This is of course something the average leveler doesn't typically do. If the majority of players did do this this particular type of player wouldnt be here as it would take what they enjoy away.

Some of the comments in this thread are like deja vu (no not the strip club in WA), very much what twinks said in early WoW before there was XP in BGs.
    When the Twinks were forced to fight only twinks we saw how many actually were after competition and not noob stomping.

WoW changed this because twinks were not a good experience for new players coming into the game and trying out the leveling PvP or for the average leveler who didnt enjoy the very 1 side unrewarding game play. Rift ended up allowing twinks then removing them for the same reason. This is a valid concern despite how some down play it.

That said some people enjoy that type of thing, embrace it and do you. Dont deny it there's no shame in being a newb stomper, its just hard to claim one is a skilled newb stomper with a straight face :o

Anyway good day, hope to see some of you around in BWB!
    Edited by Vrath on September 25, 2016 12:46AM
  • TipsyDrow
    TipsyDrow
    ✭✭✭✭
    laksikus wrote: »

its not possible to level a full optimued char to lvl 40, thats simply too low to get some skills ans passives.
    you probably never will get the most usefull DK passive, with sorc you will miss some important skills, for nb you miss a burst combo, and for templar, you get no RD or rune.

And also why would I use good gear just at lvl 40? if i can make gold weapons at lvl 20 too?

Even the fact that you come here, into a thread where one player is looking for duels, and talk about killing noobs in open world pvp shows your ignorance.

my guess is that most new people dont even join pvp early on. just after the mainquest is done. And guess what will kill those noobs then? some wannabe ballgroups and viper procs from the latest fotm

All those other things aside,training glyphs will allow you to have a fully optimized build in bwb by lvl 36-38 if you grind with the correct skills on your bar. Please stop spreading misinformation.
    Oooh, what do we have here? Another scrumptious young plaything straight out of life and into my club? Mmm... you smell new, little boy, like fabric softener dew on freshly mowed Astroturf. Oh, I'm not frightening you, am I, duckling?
    Love, Mistress Pigtails
  • Rikumaru
    Rikumaru
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TipsyDrow wrote: »

All those other things aside,training glyphs will allow you to have a fully optimized build in bwb by lvl 36-38 if you grind with the correct skills on your bar. Please stop spreading misinformation.

Training gear no longer allows you to level skill lines faster than your XP levels. If anyone is spreading misinformation it is you.

This ^^
    Overload rework. Power Overload now does physical damage and grants you the power of a tornado: You throw a brick at the target with a light attack, and you hammer your head into that brick with every heavy attack. We have decreased its Ultimate cost, but increased the chance that you get stuck in the animation.
  • TipsyDrow
    TipsyDrow
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rikumaru wrote: »

Training gear no longer allows you to level skill lines faster than your XP levels. If anyone is spreading misinformation it is you.

This ^^

You would be wrong. I am continually 5-6 lvls above my character lvl on my skills when I use training gear. perhaps you should experience something before yapping your jaws huh?
    Toodles!!
    Oooh, what do we have here? Another scrumptious young plaything straight out of life and into my club? Mmm... you smell new, little boy, like fabric softener dew on freshly mowed Astroturf. Oh, I'm not frightening you, am I, duckling?
    Love, Mistress Pigtails
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Unfortunately I've just out levelled BwB on my Sorc.
    PC EU
  • laksikus
    laksikus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This ^^

You would be wrong. I am continually 5-6 lvls above my character lvl on my skills when I use training gear. perhaps you should experience something before yapping your jaws huh?
    Toodles!!

It's you who is Wrong.
    Training only gives more XP now Not faster skill leveling.
    The only way to get skills higher than your Level is to Slot multiple skills from one skill line, which gives a bonus. And skill books

Old Training is gone sadly. No more Momentum at lvl 23.
  • Vrathak
    Vrathak
    ✭✭✭
    Vrath wrote: »

There is really no denying some vet players play BWB to enjoy stomping new players/leveling players dabbling in pvp along the way. The twinks roll in groups together on discord, with their gold or purple gear optimized for their build (changed out every 6 levels), skill points allocated specifically for PvP "looking for competition" :wink:

Of course this doesn't apply to all BWB players, there are many reasons to prefer playing here but no one cant deny that isnt some players motivation.

It happens in all games that allow it, vet players that linger in leveling PvP leveraging everything they can to min max their character to gain an advantage in some case to the point the average leveling play stands no chance to fight back. This is of course something the average leveler doesn't typically do. If the majority of players did do this this particular type of player wouldnt be here as it would take what they enjoy away.

Some of the comments in this thread are like deja vu (no not the strip club in WA), very much what twinks said in early WoW before there was XP in BGs.
    When the Twinks were forced to fight only twinks we saw how many actually were after competition and not noob stomping.

WoW changed this because twinks were not a good experience for new players coming into the game and trying out the leveling PvP or for the average leveler who didnt enjoy the very 1 side unrewarding game play. Rift ended up allowing twinks then removing them for the same reason. This is a valid concern despite how some down play it.

That said some people enjoy that type of thing, embrace it and do you. Dont deny it there's no shame in being a newb stomper, its just hard to claim one is a skilled newb stomper with a straight face :o

Anyway good day, hope to see some of you around in BWB!

Hey thats my name!!! Loll
  • Vrathak
    Vrathak
    ✭✭✭

This ^^

Toodles!!

It's you who is Wrong.
    The only way to get skills higher than your Level is to Slot multiple skills from one skill line, which gives a bonus. And skill books

Still possible:wink:
  • Vrathak
    Vrathak
    ✭✭✭
    And god damn my thread became a fight between non bet and vet pvper.... Seriously?? Read the damn title! Lol. Im just looking for duels.
  • Vrathak
    Vrathak
    ✭✭✭
    And of course this is all brag. I want to be taught a lesson and put back in my place.

here you are:
    anyone who goes through the effort of optimizing a build for bwb, must be a terrible player that can't do without an advantage. bonus points for the living jokes who level fighter's guild without getting xp (e.g. in party with a high lvl player at high lvl unscaled undeads mobs) for early dawnbreaker etc..

You know you can get dawnbreaker before level 20 without even asking a high level to grind you up right??? Doing it all by yourself. While gaining exp... Hell you can get it by lvl 15-16 that way easy...
  • laksikus
    laksikus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

here you are:

You know you can get dawnbreaker before level 20 without even asking a high level to grind you up right??? Doing it all by yourself. While gaining exp... Hell you can get it by lvl 15-16 that way easy...

you can get it at lvl 3 too, alone. it will be even easier in one tamriel
  • Vrathak
    Vrathak
    ✭✭✭

here you are:

actually you`re right. Just need to fight a place with 5-6 summoners and let them smmon their skellies at you. No EXP but you get FG exp. that`s true.
  • laksikus
    laksikus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

here you are:

actually you`re right. Just need to fight a place with 5-6 summoners and let them smmon their skellies at you. No EXP but you get FG exp. that`s true.

There is a Spot in deeshan at a cemetary where you can farm it ez
  • ColoursYouHave
    ColoursYouHave
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This ^^

Toodles!!

It's you who is Wrong.

Seriously? I was completely unaware of this. So if you are trying to level a skill while keeping your character level as low as possible, you'd want to use anything but training gear, right?
  • TipsyDrow
    TipsyDrow
    ✭✭✭✭

This ^^

Toodles!!

It's you who is Wrong.

Seriously? I was completely unaware of this. So if you are trying to level a skill while keeping your character level as low as possible, you'd want to use anything but training gear, right?

I don't know what these other people are talking about. I can tell you from experience that I, with a full set of training gear can have my skill lines 6 lvls above my character lvl by lvl 16 or so and they stay that way.
    Love, Mistress Pigtails