Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

How do I link items I do not have in chat? (PS4)

Vaoh
Vaoh
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
I have seen a certain somebody on PS4 link in chat Gold CP160 BoE Willpower Rings, along with Blue-quality Maelstrom Staves.

It is definitely possible, but I cannot figure out how to do it :/

Should I use "/say" and then type something strange in? Idk....

Help me out someone!
Edited by Vaoh on October 3, 2016 8:16AM

Best Answers

• smacx250
    smacx250
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's not exactly "user friendly", but this page describes the item link format:

http://wiki.esoui.com/ZO_LinkHandler_CreateLink#ITEM_LINK_TYPE

Edit: For example, try this in chat: |H1:item:44715:30:40:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:1441792|h|h

Edited by smacx250 on October 3, 2016 5:52PM
    Answer ✓
  • smacx250
    smacx250
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vaoh wrote: »
    smacx250 wrote: »

Edit: For example, try this in chat: |H1:item:44715:30:40:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:1441792|h|h
    Ohhh..... thanks! I will try this when I login to ESO today. Would I use "/say" to type this? (does it even matter)
    You can use it in any chat channel, so yes, /say, /zone, /g1, etc.
    Answer ✓
  • Runs
    Runs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Just to add to this... You can search for item links HERE

Every link you get from that will start with |H0... and will link the item without the [ ] brackets. If you change that to |H1... it will show an item how you would normally link it.

For example a CP160 legendary Necklace of Willpower searched from the link I provided will give the following result
    |H0:item:69278:364:50:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0|h|h
    Typing that in will give this look
    E4R0Xl1.png

Now if you replace that H0 with an H1 as shown...
    |H1:item:69278:364:50:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0|h|h
    You will end up getting this, which is exactly how it would look if you were linking it from your inventory.
    niQ3hAP.png

You can use /say if you want to test it out before doing it in zone group or guild chat. Or you can whisper yourself if you prefer by typing
    /w yourcharactername,

the comma is necessary.

Don't be using this for evil purposes.
    Runs| Orc NightbladeChim-el Adabal| Dunmer TemplarM'air the Honest| Khajiit Templar
    Oddity| Altmer SorcerorDrizlo| Orc DragonKnightLady Ra Gada| Redguard Sorceror
    Taste-of-Hist-Sap| Argonian NightbladeWar'den Peace| Khajiit WardenLittle Warden Annie Altmer Warden
    Ports with Blood| Breton TemplarDirty-Old-Man| Dunmer DragonKnightEyes-of-the-Sun| Argonian DragonKnight
    Bleak Mystique| Nord WardenPolychronopolous| Imperial SorcerorBullcrit| Khajiit Nightblade
    PC NA CP 1250+ and still a noob
    At Writs End - A place to complete master writs
    Answer ✓
  • Brokensocket
    Brokensocket
    ✭✭✭
    You can only link items you do have, by pressing triangle on the item and then link in chat
    PSN: Spaztik_89
  • Dubhliam
    Dubhliam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ¸I have never done this, but I understand that you would be able to link items you don't have if you understand the format in which the links are written, then find out the "item number" tag of the item you would like to link.
    >>>Detailed Justice System Concept thread<<<
  • DPG76
    DPG76
    ✭✭✭
    You can only link items you do have, by pressing triangle on the item and then link in chat

it's like he say , presss triangle to get options to charge weapon , destroy or link it
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No. You can link items you do not have, even if they are utterly unobtainable. It is possible.

I am just unsure how to do it. That's why I created this thread :neutral:

it's like he say , presss triangle to get options to charge weapon , destroy or link it

That is for linking items you do have. I want to know how to link items you don't have.
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dubhliam wrote: »
    ¸I have never done this, but I understand that you would be able to link items you don't have if you understand the format in which the links are written, then find out the "item number" tag of the item you would like to link.

These are my thoughts as well. there is likely a really long and strange Item ID# or something you have to type in.
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Ohhh..... thanks! I will try this when I login to ESO today. Would I use "/say" to type this? (does it even matter)
    Edited by Vaoh on October 3, 2016 5:54PM
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Runs wrote: »

Every link you get from that will start with |H0... and will link the item without the [ ] brackets. If you change that to |H1... it will show an item how you would normally link it.

For example a CP160 legendary Necklace of Willpower searched from the link I provided will give the following result
    E4R0Xl1.png

You will end up getting this, which is exactly how it would look if you were linking it from your inventory.
    niQ3hAP.png

You can use /say if you want to test it out before doing it in zone group or guild chat. Or you can whisper yourself if you prefer by typing
    /w yourcharactername,

the comma is necessary.

Ty! And I won't just for messing w/ friends :)
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

E4R0Xl1.png

niQ3hAP.png

/w yourcharactername,

the comma is necessary.

@Runs So I tried this out and I keep on getting UI errors. Typed it in exactly as you told me too :/

I've seen BoE C160 Gold Willpower linked in console chat before (meaning it can be done) but something is apparently incorrect in my typing. Any ideas?
  • Runs
    Runs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

E4R0Xl1.png

niQ3hAP.png

/w yourcharactername,

the comma is necessary.

@Runs So I tried this out and I keep on getting UI errors. Typed it in exactly as you told me too :/

I've seen BoE C160 Gold Willpower linked in console chat before (meaning it can be done) but something is apparently incorrect in my typing. Any ideas?

:( No clue it's working on PC, in Gamepads mode with the half screen console. Trying it wrong wrong isn't giving me UI errors, it's just showing as what I typed instead of a link. Maybe there's some slight difference in console version. :(
    Runs| Orc NightbladeChim-el Adabal| Dunmer TemplarM'air the Honest| Khajiit Templar
    Oddity| Altmer SorcerorDrizlo| Orc DragonKnightLady Ra Gada| Redguard Sorceror
    Taste-of-Hist-Sap| Argonian NightbladeWar'den Peace| Khajiit WardenLittle Warden Annie Altmer Warden
    Ports with Blood| Breton TemplarDirty-Old-Man| Dunmer DragonKnightEyes-of-the-Sun| Argonian DragonKnight
    Bleak Mystique| Nord WardenPolychronopolous| Imperial SorcerorBullcrit| Khajiit Nightblade
    PC NA CP 1250+ and still a noob
    At Writs End - A place to complete master writs
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

E4R0Xl1.png

niQ3hAP.png

/w yourcharactername,

the comma is necessary.

:( No clue it's working on PC, in Gamepads mode with the half screen console. Trying it wrong wrong isn't giving me UI errors, it's just showing as what I typed instead of a link. Maybe there's some slight difference in console version. :(

Maybe :/ thank you anyway! Def helped me understand how it works much better than I did.