The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Why Tho?

• Im_MegaDeath
    Im_MegaDeath
    ✭✭✭
    This may actually spread groups around Cyrodiil! It's not hard to take a keep and it's even easier to have a group harassing keeps around Cyrodiil. Holding a resource and sieging a keep does not require more than 12 people. More needs to be done to redirect players who ONLY funnel to the main battle. Why aren't there group-exclusive forward camps? It'd be interesting to see other respawn options as well. The problem with forward camps was never the ability to respawn. It was the MASS respawning - endless zergs.

The way Cyrodiil is played today is with stand by zergs. As soon as something is called out everyone flocks there because they know: If the fights here there's no where else to be because there's rarely more than 3 mid-sized encounters. Players are too *** chicken to leave castle walls without an army behind them. It's *** stupid.
    FENGRUSH wrote: »
    Been saying the same thing for awhile too - great start to changing things in Cyro.
    I think your proposed idea of having IC be in it's own campaign/pop lock is another great idea that should be looked at. There's no reason for two completely separate zones to share populations. AP gained can just go towards your home campaign. Just one of many small steps in the right direction

Agreed IC should be its own camp and its low pop doesnt need to be split between so many camps
    DC - Im MegaDeath (Stam DK) PvP
  • Soul_Demon
    Soul_Demon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MD,

If you want to have some minor changes to the appearance of icons in a group and the ability to control the number (number is easy, just start the group and don't take more than you want) there is a place that may give better results than where the post currently is. https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/add-ons-and-ui-mods

We have our own community of players who enjoy creating addons and quite a few already use FTC and other mods that already change the way grouping tools in the game work. Guessing if you want this change, you could ask them for such a tool. I do know the player base here has asked for things for years and seem to get nowhere....maybe an addon tweak (FTC) is a solution to what your asking for rather than game changes to the code.
  • Im_MegaDeath
    Im_MegaDeath
    ✭✭✭
    Soul_Demon wrote: »
    MD,

If you want to have some minor changes to the appearance of icons in a group and the ability to control the number (number is easy, just start the group and don't take more than you want) there is a place that may give better results than where the post currently is. https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/add-ons-and-ui-mods

We have our own community of players who enjoy creating addons and quite a few already use FTC and other mods that already change the way grouping tools in the game work. Guessing if you want this change, you could ask them for such a tool. I do know the player base here has asked for things for years and seem to get nowhere....maybe an addon tweak (FTC) is a solution to what your asking for rather than game changes to the code.

Awesome idea, this would help a lot of player but the icons really should be in game already, console players also request these icons from time to time and a lot of players dont want a single add on to do something so simple.

I personally want it to happen but if its an addon and I know 90%+ wont have it and then I wouldnt download it either
    Edited by Im_MegaDeath on September 30, 2016 8:12PM
    DC - Im MegaDeath (Stam DK) PvP
  • Cathexis
    Cathexis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Skitttles wrote: »
    Can we at least remove some of these snares and that gap closer thingy. I'd like to at least escape a zerg.

@Skitttles Yeah remember when you could move and fight and stuff in a crowd? Ahh those were the days...
    Edited by Cathexis on October 1, 2016 8:46PM
    The Tomb of FPS Alteration Magic - Everything You Need to Know About FPS
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/520903/tomb-of-fps-alteration-magic-everything-you-need-to-know-about-fps
    Praise Malacath.
  • Yolokin_Swagonborn
    Yolokin_Swagonborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have we had any "state of PvP" from ZOS recently? It's nice when they pretend they are sill listening. Perhaps its just the same miscommunication we have always have but I just don't think they realize how much the community differs in thought from what they decide is best for us without asking us.

For example:
    Does ZOS now how much we hate the gap closer snare? How much it destoyed solo roaming and allows a few spambushers to lock players down until their zerg arrives?

Is their anyway for us to have an open discussion with ZOS about their vision for PvP, if they even have one? I just want them to say "yeah, we know that our PvP players on the whole don't like the choices we make for them without asking them but our vision in PvP is designed to buff less experienced players and make sure that skill isn't much of a factor once you have unlocked your gap closer."

I'd be happy with that response if they just admitted it.
    Edited by Yolokin_Swagonborn on October 3, 2016 3:56PM
  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cathexis wrote: »
    Skitttles wrote: »
    Can we at least remove some of these snares and that gap closer thingy. I'd like to at least escape a zerg.

@Skitttles Yeah remember when you could move and fight and stuff in a crowd? Ahh those were the days...
    These days you usually enter a crowd, get CC'd and spend the rest of your very short life trying to break free from said CC.

"Enter" is a different way of saying "You were snared into place by 5 people spamming gap closer".
    Edited by Lava_Croft on October 3, 2016 3:54PM