The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Why Tho?

Im_MegaDeath
Im_MegaDeath
✭✭✭
Why hasn't the max group cap been lowered yet, 24 players controlled by a single crown just yells, zerg here! if the group sizes were lowered to 12 and give the crown the ability to name co-leaders with different emblems other than the crown It would help with zerging and controlling pugs inside the group. you could use the emblems related to guild ranks that way you don't even need to create anything new. More organization, faster battles, less lag, less ball group.

You could just add the option of different leaders in without lowering the cap couldnt you? No you can't, because no one would use the other leaders except for the already experienced groups that are in pvp now. (pug view) - Oh look the crown I better get on it!!! Oh look crown 2 (also I would love to take the crown out and label each player in group with a number above their head ^_^)

12 man cap, 4 different possible leaders selected by crown. Also no content in game requires 24 people, not flipping a keep not completing a trial nothing.

You may say, we want everyone to be able to play together and be happy but if you have played in a 24 man group and listen its just 23 conflicting opinions following the dude that dies the least amount.

If anyone has other ideas please list them and build up a few good options for ZoS to choose from because I know my idea is not perfect but its a better system then now

So why hasn't a change been made to the grouping system? Why tho?

#Why_Tho? #Bad_Grammar #g2g_doctors_appointment #Dont_Hate_Me_IDGAF_Im_Megadeath
DC - Im MegaDeath (Stam DK) PvP
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You better check with Pack Militia if this is ok to post . The drunken nord tidal wave just wouldn't be the same after .
  • FENGRUSH
    FENGRUSH
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Been saying the same thing for awhile too - great start to changing things in Cyro.
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FENGRUSH wrote: »
    Been saying the same thing for awhile too - great start to changing things in Cyro.

What difference would make for all the people that follow groups around anyways ? It won't stop Zerging . Need to accept if you are solo and the Viking hordes are out , it's just always going to be feeling this way ..

tumblr_nfpos4hoJy1r9a32bo1_500.gif

Until Arenas ...
  • Soul_Demon
    Soul_Demon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Changing anything but the base code of the game makes little sense at this point.

The game was sold as capable of handling 100's of players fighting at the same time, and people bought it. Over time, the obvious has been that there are flaws somewhere in the game and it does not quite perform the way it should. The group finder menu tells you how many players are recommended for dungeons in order to have a good player experience- you can do it with less, but the experience may be different as they were designed with a specific number of players in mind. Same goes for Cyro- recommended group size is listed on that menu as 8-24. Again, you can play it with less but the experience may be different.

For years now we have had ZOS insinuate its our fault as players and the players themselves turn on each other with the attitude that they have not fixed the lag, so its up to us to not hold them accountable, but adopt a completely different playstyle to accommodate. Lag persists and we still have minimal changes with the song and dance of "spread out" not quite working either.

Personally I think the Duelers and small man groups and gankers that seem to like that playstyle should be given a campaign where you can only max group with 4....ensure there is 1v1 arena in that camp as well and good dueling system with a sold rule set, leaderboards and rewards reflecting the gameplay style. Limit size there to only 4- all the time everywhere with no points for objectives and AP gains on kills and only kills.

Drawing a line in the sand really doesn't make sense to me.....Have a campaign where there is large groups playing the game in the way they enjoy playing it doesn't threaten what many are asking for.....a separate one with Arenas and dueling system with much smaller groups being the normal style of gameplay. I am only guessing here, but I think many players would play both those campaigns from time to time and be able to enjoy each for its own unique play. And not to be forgotten, hopefully they can keep working to reduce the lag in the base code of the game and eventually bring it in for all of us to enjoy.
  • UppGRAYxDD
    UppGRAYxDD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They just need to add more mushrooms to cyrodil for kiting purposes.
    "Stendarr's mercy be upon you, for the vigil has none to spare."
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think 24 man groups is fine. A lot of the issues with 24 man would be fixed with more leader icons.

I really like the idea of having more "leader" icons. A lot of 24 man groups send small 4 man teams to take a keeps resources somewhere else. Its also good to mark healers to protect and dps who ulty bomb to stay together or for flanking squads etc. Number 1 thing i want in pvp right now.

It would also be nice if new buildings and objects were implemented between heavy traffic areas. Small towers and places for range to gain an advantage in smarter locations. We see these towers every once in awhile but they are not used much in my opinion.

I hope we get quality of life changes in the fields between keeps.
    PS4 NA DC
  • Thelon
    Thelon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    this will never change - zos only cares about one kind of player
    1bdm2w.gif
  • Satiar
    Satiar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    A: Ball Groups are neither dangerous or a thing anymore. Easy to burst with 5 people and 1 negate. More dangerous are the zergs that SPREAD so you can't destroy them with one ult bomb.

B: On NA PC there are maybe... maximum of 3-4 organized 24 man raids left. Maybe. And none of them are as effective or hardcore as the last few generations of raids.

So if people are still complaining at this point, l2p applies
    Vehemence -- Commander and Raid Lead -- Tri-faction PvP
    Knights Paravant -- Co-GM and Raid Lead -- AD Greyhost

• Infrapuna
    Infrapuna
    ✭✭✭
    12 man limit won't stop some unnamed guilds *cough* from running 50 man groups though, just makes it a bit harder. D:
    "Sometimes I wish I was a goat" - @PureEnvelope35

Master Troll and 24 man solo zerg, as claimed by DC zone chat.
    (Retired) Tryhard Small Scaler

160 Magicka Sorcerrer Infrapuna EP
    160 Stamina Dragonknight The Very Great Infra DC
    160 Magicka Necromancer Infrapuna the Second DC

Proper pleb.

Infrapuna
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can make the max group size of 2, and it won't change a thing. People use TS and roll with as large as group as they want. If you see a large zerg, aim for the guy that is brightly colored, he is the main leader and is dressed like that so people outside his group can easily see him.
  • Im_MegaDeath
    Im_MegaDeath
    ✭✭✭
    Soul_Demon wrote: »
    Changing anything but the base code of the game makes little sense at this point.

The game was sold as capable of handling 100's of players fighting at the same time, and people bought it. Over time, the obvious has been that there are flaws somewhere in the game and it does not quite perform the way it should. The group finder menu tells you how many players are recommended for dungeons in order to have a good player experience- you can do it with less, but the experience may be different as they were designed with a specific number of players in mind. Same goes for Cyro- recommended group size is listed on that menu as 8-24. Again, you can play it with less but the experience may be different.

For years now we have had ZOS insinuate its our fault as players and the players themselves turn on each other with the attitude that they have not fixed the lag, so its up to us to not hold them accountable, but adopt a completely different playstyle to accommodate. Lag persists and we still have minimal changes with the song and dance of "spread out" not quite working either.

Personally I think the Duelers and small man groups and gankers that seem to like that playstyle should be given a campaign where you can only max group with 4....ensure there is 1v1 arena in that camp as well and good dueling system with a sold rule set, leaderboards and rewards reflecting the gameplay style. Limit size there to only 4- all the time everywhere with no points for objectives and AP gains on kills and only kills.

Drawing a line in the sand really doesn't make sense to me.....Have a campaign where there is large groups playing the game in the way they enjoy playing it doesn't threaten what many are asking for.....a separate one with Arenas and dueling system with much smaller groups being the normal style of gameplay. I am only guessing here, but I think many players would play both those campaigns from time to time and be able to enjoy each for its own unique play. And not to be forgotten, hopefully they can keep working to reduce the lag in the base code of the game and eventually bring it in for all of us to enjoy.

Satiar wrote: »
    A: Ball Groups are neither dangerous or a thing anymore. Easy to burst with 5 people and 1 negate. More dangerous are the zergs that SPREAD so you can't destroy them with one ult bomb.

B: On NA PC there are maybe... maximum of 3-4 organized 24 man raids left. Maybe. And none of them are as effective or hardcore as the last few generations of raids.

So if people are still complaining at this point, l2p applies
    Infrapuna wrote: »
    12 man limit won't stop some unnamed guilds *cough* from running 50 man groups though, just makes it a bit harder. D:
    Ackwalan wrote: »
    You can make the max group size of 2, and it won't change a thing. People use TS and roll with as large as group as they want. If you see a large zerg, aim for the guy that is brightly colored, he is the main leader and is dressed like that so people outside his group can easily see him.

No it wont stop the zergs. It wont stop people from gathering in ts and yelling movement directions for the guild to hear. This is meant to organized the players better. I never said it would solve the zerg problem but it will hinder it greatly.

The icons are a complete pro in this discussion and should be added as soon as possible.

maybe not 12 but 24 is too much. since the game is still in beta we should try 16 out for a few months and add in the icons ^_^

also I since much salt from Satiar lol
  • Satiar
    Satiar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I don't even know who you are, mate. But if at this stage in the game you still need help beating what few groups remain, I'll stand by the statement that you might need some l2p in your life.

Edited by Satiar on September 27, 2016 11:42PM
    Vehemence -- Commander and Raid Lead -- Tri-faction PvP
    Knights Paravant -- Co-GM and Raid Lead -- AD Greyhost

• Im_MegaDeath
    Im_MegaDeath
    ✭✭✭
    Satiar wrote: »
    I don't even know who you are, mate. But if at this stage in the game you still need help beating what few groups remain, I'll stand by the statement that you might need some l2p in your life.

<3 love you boo XD
  • Im_MegaDeath
    Im_MegaDeath
    ✭✭✭
    just realized I used the wrong sense
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hmmmmm, wondering if you're having any second thoughts on getting "social" with your pvp buddies :o
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • Im_MegaDeath
    Im_MegaDeath
    ✭✭✭
    geonsocal wrote: »
    hmmmmm, wondering if you're having any second thoughts on getting "social" with your pvp buddies :o

If you want to get physical we can to ;) netflix and chill?
  • VoiDGhOs7
    VoiDGhOs7
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lowering the max group size from 24 to 12 might be a solution but I don't think it will solve the problem of zergballs roaming.With a good 12 men group most of times you can achieve better results than with a 24 one.
    Sometimes I still run 24 men raids but the downside to it it's that you need dedicated Rapids spammers and people go brain dead when the group is very big even in a hardcore pvp guild.

And just be sure I never zerged and never will I'd rather go PvE forever then zerg.Another thing is that the server can't handle an organized 24 men raid,why?Because 24 people timing proxys/tethers and other skills hitting 60+ other players will lead to insane lag and fps drops for everyone independently of the place you are at that given moment.So going back to lowering group caps might be a solution but not the solution to solve pvp core problem aka Mr.LAG.
    Edited by VoiDGhOs7 on September 28, 2016 12:54PM
  • svartorn
    svartorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You better check with Pack Militia if this is ok to post . The drunken nord tidal wave just wouldn't be the same after .

God is there anything more useless than Pact Militia stacking 3 raids in some crap place like black boot while EP loses all the keeps behind them? This guild is worse than useless, they actively harm EP on whatever campaign they're on.
  • Skitttles
    Skitttles
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can we at least remove some of these snares and that gap closer thingy. I'd like to at least escape a zerg.
    Skittles | DC Stem Sok and sumtimes Nertbled
  • asneakybanana
    asneakybanana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why hasn't the max group cap been lowered yet, 24 players controlled by a single crown just yells, zerg here! if the group sizes were lowered to 12 and give the crown the ability to name co-leaders with different emblems other than the crown It would help with zerging and controlling pugs inside the group. you could use the emblems related to guild ranks that way you don't even need to create anything new. More organization, faster battles, less lag, less ball group.

You could just add the option of different leaders in without lowering the cap couldnt you? No you can't, because no one would use the other leaders except for the already experienced groups that are in pvp now. (pug view) - Oh look the crown I better get on it!!! Oh look crown 2 (also I would love to take the crown out and label each player in group with a number above their head ^_^)

12 man cap, 4 different possible leaders selected by crown. Also no content in game requires 24 people, not flipping a keep not completing a trial nothing.

You may say, we want everyone to be able to play together and be happy but if you have played in a 24 man group and listen its just 23 conflicting opinions following the dude that dies the least amount.

If anyone has other ideas please list them and build up a few good options for ZoS to choose from because I know my idea is not perfect but its a better system then now

#Why_Tho? #Bad_Grammar #g2g_doctors_appointment #Dont_Hate_Me_IDGAF_Im_Megadeath

Wouldnt change anything. As it is groups already run 2+ groups at a time so now theyre just going to need 3 or 4 groups at a time. Half the players in the zerg arent even grouped anyway they are just solo casuals chasing the blob. For instance last night at chal on TF NA PC every single DC on the server was at chal and that would have not changed if there were 12 man groups.

Nothing will ever fix zerging in this game TBH. Between people just following the blob, zone chat generals, people waiting on ticks, and zos' implementation of changes time and time again that only help numbers its pretty hopeless. Cant tell you how many times ive seen all of ep stacked at bleaks or sej just waiting on a tick and no one wants to leave and the enemy just sits outside the keep sieging until its a true faction v faction event and the larger zerg wins. No one pushes anymore people just wait until they have overwhelming numbers and whether you're grouped with 12 or 24 that mentality wont change.
    Asneakybanana AD DK Former emperor of Chrysamere and Chillrend. World first hardmode Hel'ra and Quake con winner (Alliance rank 25)
    Asneakyhabenero EP DK Former emperor of Thornblade, Haderus. World first vMA Dk clear (Alliance rank 39)
    Asneakycucumber EP Sorc Former empress of Blackwater Bay and Trueflame (Alliance rank 32)
    Asneakypineapple EP Temp Former empress of Azuras Star and Haderus (Alliance rank 22)
    Asneakypickle EP NB Former empress of Trueflame (Alliance rank 47)
    Sweat Squad
    Crowned 27x on 12 different campaign cycles | 200M+ AP earned
    Fastest AA clear ever: 5:42 | Fastest HRC clear ever: 5:27 | NA first HM MoL
    609k Mag Sorc vMA
    NA first Tick Tock Tormentor
    NA first trinity (All No Death/HM/Speed run trials titles)
    2x Tick Tock Tormentor
  • Anazasi
    Anazasi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    HA HA This kind of thread again........when will it stop......
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anazasi wrote: »

When people realize that in an AvAvA game you're likely to come across the occasional A.
  • Im_MegaDeath
    Im_MegaDeath
    ✭✭✭
    VoiDGhOs7 wrote: »
    Lowering the max group size from 24 to 12 might be a solution but I don't think it will solve the problem of zergballs roaming.With a good 12 men group most of times you can achieve better results than with a 24 one.
    Sometimes I still run 24 men raids but the downside to it it's that you need dedicated Rapids spammers and people go brain dead when the group is very big even in a hardcore pvp guild.

And just be sure I never zerged and never will I'd rather go PvE forever then zerg.Another thing is that the server can't handle an organized 24 men raid,why?Because 24 people timing proxys/tethers and other skills hitting 60+ other players will lead to insane lag and fps drops for everyone independently of the place you are at that given moment.So going back to lowering group caps might be a solution but not the solution to solve pvp core problem aka Mr.LAG.

No it wont fully solve the lag issue or zergs completely but it will help in both areas. This is just a small adjustment to the game group mech. Also I offered 12 as the group size change but thats just the size I want personally the proper size or the equilibrium size is probably around 16 to 18. (guessing no numbers to support)
  • Im_MegaDeath
    Im_MegaDeath
    ✭✭✭
    Skitttles wrote: »
    Can we at least remove some of these snares and that gap closer thingy. I'd like to at least escape a zerg.

stay on topic scrub :P
  • Im_MegaDeath
    Im_MegaDeath
    ✭✭✭

Wouldnt change anything. As it is groups already run 2+ groups at a time so now theyre just going to need 3 or 4 groups at a time. Half the players in the zerg arent even grouped anyway they are just solo casuals chasing the blob. For instance last night at chal on TF NA PC every single DC on the server was at chal and that would have not changed if there were 12 man groups.

Nothing will ever fix zerging in this game TBH. Between people just following the blob, zone chat generals, people waiting on ticks, and zos' implementation of changes time and time again that only help numbers its pretty hopeless. Cant tell you how many times ive seen all of ep stacked at bleaks or sej just waiting on a tick and no one wants to leave and the enemy just sits outside the keep sieging until its a true faction v faction event and the larger zerg wins. No one pushes anymore people just wait until they have overwhelming numbers and whether you're grouped with 12 or 24 that mentality wont change.

Yeah I see your point, but this change isn't targeting zergs its just a helpful change that would hinder zerging and maybe create grouping.

Group - organized number of players working together with buffs debuffs and thinking

Zerg - follow crown, and if it moves I atk
  • Im_MegaDeath
    Im_MegaDeath
    ✭✭✭

who are you tho?
  • Im_MegaDeath
    Im_MegaDeath
    ✭✭✭
    Sandman929 wrote: »

When people realize that in an AvAvA game you're likely to come across the occasional A.

Who are you even?
  • Skitttles
    Skitttles
    ✭✭✭✭
    Skitttles wrote: »

stay on topic scrub :P

Why tho?
    Skittles | DC Stem Sok and sumtimes Nertbled
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sandman929 wrote: »

Who are you even?

Is "who are you" the standard reply?
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    geonsocal wrote: »

If you want to get physical we can to ;) netflix and chill?

you're a braaaaaaave person...I think one of the main reasons I spend so much time gaming is a fear of social interaction...this whole mmo and forum thing is a huge leap of faith :#

you seem though to have gotten the hang of things pretty quick (it was pretty cool to see everyone's response from your first thread)...

on a side note - I've always wanted to catch the "clone wars" on netflix...

have fun and try not to let some of the more colorful forum people get to ya...
    Edited by geonsocal on September 28, 2016 4:58PM
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place