The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Would anything be done if I reported a cross-faction friend farmer?

OldeDevlin
OldeDevlin
✭✭
(PS4 EU)
I'm not one for running to teacher to snitch, but I'm at the end of my wits with people cheating their way to the top of the leaderboards by having their friends and guildmates log in with other faction characters, to stand around and be farmed for AP. Would Zos actually try to watch them and catch them doing it (I wish I got it on video), or am I wasting my time by sending in reports?

Edited by OldeDevlin on September 30, 2016 12:02PM
  • Drdeath20
    Drdeath20
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your wasting your time.
  • Drdeath20
    Drdeath20
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OldeDevlin wrote: »
    (PS4 EU)
    I'm not one for running to teacher to snitch, but I'm at the end of my wits with people cheating their way to the top of the leaderboards by having their friends and guildmates log in with other faction characters, to stand around and be farmed for AP. Would Zos actually try to watch them and catch them doing it (I wish I got it on video), or am I wasting my time by sending in reports?

If there is an exploit people will abuse it. This kind of stuff happens in every game. If it was a mechanic that was being exploited than I'm sure they would want to watch it but since it's just somebody wasting their time allowing themself to be killed over and over again, I doubt they will care about it. It's annoying but it's not against the rules.
  • OldeDevlin
    OldeDevlin
    ✭✭
    Aye, you're probably right. It's killing PVP though. There are whole campaigns which are ruined by cross-faction character swapping and friend farming.
  • Asgari
    Asgari
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ZOS already stated once before that farming friends for AP to get pushed up the boards is a clever tactic and not one they can enforce. How can one prove they are being fed AP on purpose and its not a squad of bad players just not knowing what they are doing .. :trollface:

but its been around since beta and even long time supposed respected PC members have used this tactic. Its easy to find these AP farms and just go leach off of them until they give up or just let you take the AP and then it slows them down so much they cant boost to the top.
    Formerly @Persian_Princess .. Now @Asgari
    Princess Asgari | Sorc
    Asgari | NB
    -Asgari | Stamplar
    Ariana Kishi | DK | True Liberator of Haderus
    Banner Down!
    No Mercy
    Youtube: Asgari
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe they are just "dueling" XD
    @Solar_Breeze
    NA ~ Izanerys: Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
    EU ~ Izanagi: Roleplay Circle (AOE Rats/ Zerg Squad / Banana Squad)
  • OldeDevlin
    OldeDevlin
    ✭✭
    ZOS already stated once before that farming friends for AP to get pushed up the boards is a clever tactic and not one they can enforce. How can one prove they are being fed AP on purpose and its not a squad of bad players just not knowing what they are doing .. :trollface:

but its been around since beta and even long time supposed respected PC members have used this tactic. Its easy to find these AP farms and just go leach off of them until they give up or just let you take the AP and then it slows them down so much they cant boost to the top.

Well, if Zos said that it's all above board, I'd definitely be wasting my time. Just a shame for the players who choose to do things the 'proper' way. I suppose I'm just being naive.
    Good to know though, thanks for the replies.
  • IxSTALKERxI
    IxSTALKERxI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't think there's much you can do about this really. People are worth less and less AP each time you kill them to try and minimise this kind of behaviour, but If there is not much action on the map to earn AP via traditional methods, then they'll get more AP than you. If you play on campaigns that are more populated 24/7 you shouldn't experience this problem as you can keep up in AP via traditional methods.

If this happens, try and find their location and leach off them. Or just have a friend follow the person around the map 24/7 leaching / monitoring them while you go make more AP elsewhere. If it's happening on a dead campaign just play elsewhere. If it's a somewhat active campaign and you're feeling competitive you can sill outfarm them. If you are 100% sure they are earning AP illegitimately and have proof, than let people on your faction know about it and they'll be less inclined to help push for emperor (though no one likes false accusations, see CE for example... so make sure you are 110% sure.)
    NA | PC | Aldmeri Dominion
    Laser Eyes AR 26 Arcanist | Stalker V AR 41 Warden | I Stalker I AR 42 NB | Stalkersaurus AR 31 Templar | Stalker Ill AR 31 Sorc | Nigel the Great of Blackwater
    Former Emperor x11 campaign cycles
    Venatus Officer | RIP RÁGE | YouTube Channel
  • HeroOfNone
    HeroOfNone
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Might not help console players, but if the API let us know where there were friendly defensive ticks occurred we could self police ourselves a bit better.
    Herfi Driderkitty of the Aldmeri Dominion
    Find me on : Twitch | Youtube | Twitter | Reddit
  • Manoekin
    Manoekin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    EZ 20k ticks.
  • frozywozy
    frozywozy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

you shouldn't have said that, it will just encourage more people to do it.
    Frozn - Stamdk - AR50
    Frosted - Magplar - AR50
    Frodn - Magden - AR50
    Warmed - Magblade - AR50
    Mmfrozy - Magsorc - AR44
    Necrozn - Magcro - AR32
    Twitch.TV/FrozyTV
    PvP Group Builds

“Small minds discuss people, average minds discuss events, and great minds discuss ideas.” -Eleanor Roosevelt
    • Fix Volendrung (spawn location - weapon white on the map causing the wielder to keep it forever - usable with emperorship)
    • Remove / Change CPs System, remove current CP/noCP campaigns and introduce one 30days with lock, one with no locks
    • Fix crashes when approaching a keep under attack because of bad / wrong rendering prioritization system
    • Change emperorship to value faction score points and not alliance points - see this and this
    • Fix long loading screens (mostly caused by players joining group out of rendering range)
    • Add 2 more quickslots to the wheel or add a different wheel for sieges weaponry only
    • Fix Balista Bolts not dealing damage on walls or doors if deployed at a certain place
    • Release bigger battlegrounds with 8 to 16 players per team and only two teams
    • Fix the permanent block animation - see examples : link1 link2 link3 link4 link5
    • Gives players 10 minutes to get back into Cyrodiil after relogging / crashing
    • Add a function to ignore the Claiming system of useless rewards
    • Improve the Mailing System / Rewards of the Worthy stacking
    • Assign specific group sizes to specific campaigns (24-16-8)
    • Make forward camps impossible to place near objectives
    • Make snares only available from ground effects abilities
    • Change emperorship to last minimum 24hours
    • Fix body sliding after cc breaking too quickly
    • Remove Block Casting through Battle Spirit
    • Fix the speed drop while jumping - see video
    • Fix loading screens when keeps upgrade
    • Fix Rams going crazy (spinning around)
    • Bring back dynamic ulti regeneration
    • Fix speed bug (abilities locked)
    • Introduce dynamic population
    • Lower population cap by 20%
    • Add Snare Immunity potions
    • Bring resurrection sickness
    • Fix character desync
    • Fix cc breaking bug
    • Fix gap closer bug
    • Fix health desync
    • Fix combat bug
    • Fix streak bug