Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

2Handed vs Dual wield advantage

alephthiago
alephthiago
✭✭✭✭✭
In your opinion, what is the biggest advantage of using 2handed over dual wield for stamina builds in PVP?
What can we do/change to get dual wield to a better spot and improve build diversity?
Walks-in-Shadowss AD Magblade
*** kitty AD Stamblade
Paarthurnax's Will AD Magicka DK
agnar cracked skull EP Magicka DK (veteran dragonstar arena bot)
Klogi Mugdul AD Stamina DK
Savre Selranni AD Magicka Sorc (being polished)
Avenar Lolhealing AD Magicka Templar (being polished)

• Jeckll
    Jeckll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Advantage: Rally
    Bonus: Execute

Dual Wield is doing good in PvP and is THE best PvE option.
    Nothing has to change in terms of 2h and DW.
    Edited by Jeckll on September 23, 2016 10:45AM
    Jeckll has quit the game. Thanks for the great time.
  • Swainburg
    Swainburg
    ✭✭
    Great question. In my opinion its the single target execute alongside the power of dizzying swing.

Dual wield is in a good place in pvp, lots of people use it well too.

2h = burst

Dw = constant damage

I'd even say DW is better in duels like on a stam sorc or something. It all depends on the skills on the bar and the player and opponent.

It sounds like you believe DW is bad, and its really not that bad. Especially if you got a maelstrom dagger or two.
    Edited by Swainburg on September 23, 2016 10:51AM
    Live for the pact... die for the pact.

Stam DK Tank (PvE)
    Stam DK DPS (PvP & PvE)
    Stam Sorc DPS (PvP & PvE)
    Magika Sorc DPS (PvP)

PS4 NA EP
  • strikeback1247
    strikeback1247
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    2H has pure burst with WB and exec and a nice heal + source of major brutality with rally. DW is good if your class has a spammable damage ability.
    P.A.W.S. - Positively Against Wild Sasquatches - NO TO BIGFOOT!
  • CapuchinSeven
    CapuchinSeven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DW works well for NB, with surprise attack as your main attack you're getting a good amount of damage or crit amount boost with daggers or swords.
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    DW could work in PvP for NB, because they have a gap closer (ambush), a cheap spammable (surprise attack) and an execute (killer's blade) as stamina morph class abilities and a fear effect from mass hysteria. Other classes need the knockdown from dizzying swing and the execute from executioner. But rally can still be useful to a NB since it is the only way to get major brutality without breaking stealth - power extraction has to hit an enemy to grant the buff.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • Swainburg
    Swainburg
    ✭✭
    I also forgot to mention rally, because a lot of stam lack a reliable burst self heal. Rally keeps people alive in open world, DW doesnt have that. If your class already has a reliable self heal to use alongside vigor, then you dont need rally. (Crit surge stam sorc)
    Live for the pact... die for the pact.

Stam DK Tank (PvE)
    Stam DK DPS (PvP & PvE)
    Stam Sorc DPS (PvP & PvE)
    Magika Sorc DPS (PvP)

PS4 NA EP
  • alephthiago
    alephthiago
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Swainburg wrote: »
    Great question. In my opinion its the single target execute alongside the power of dizzying swing.

Dual wield is in a good place in pvp, lots of people use it well too.

2h = burst

Dw = constant damage

I'd even say DW is better in duels like on a stam sorc or something. It all depends on the skills on the bar and the player and opponent.

It sounds like you believe DW is bad, and its really not that bad. Especially if you got a maelstrom dagger or two.

I dont believe its bad, its just underused in open world pvp, cyrodiil right now is a festival of 2handers/bow, i know it performs very well in duels
    Walks-in-Shadowss AD Magblade
    *** kitty AD Stamblade
    Paarthurnax's Will AD Magicka DK
    agnar cracked skull EP Magicka DK (veteran dragonstar arena bot)
    Klogi Mugdul AD Stamina DK
    Savre Selranni AD Magicka Sorc (being polished)
    Avenar Lolhealing AD Magicka Templar (being polished)

• PrinceFabious
    PrinceFabious
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DW is in a great place in pvp. It requires more skill because of its lack of gap closer/execute/heals thus requiring a higher skill cap. I play nothing but DW on my stam sorc in pvp
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Asardes wrote: »
    DW could work in PvP for NB, because they have a gap closer (ambush), a cheap spammable (surprise attack) and an execute (killer's blade) as stamina morph class abilities and a fear effect from mass hysteria. Other classes need the knockdown from dizzying swing and the execute from executioner. But rally can still be useful to a NB since it is the only way to get major brutality without breaking stealth - power extraction has to hit an enemy to grant the buff.

I've ben thinking on Diz swing use latelely and I don't find it is super useful in group fights. Most of the guys you will encouter have broken CC and sometimed the CC you apply means an ally cannot apply his CC (fear, for example).

Nonetheless, in solo playing is key
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • cbaudersub17_ESO
    cbaudersub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    If you can live without the rally heal, dreugh king slayer set is great source of major brutality for both DW and 2H (make room for other abilities). Speed buff after kills can be fun for battlefield maneuverability, too.
  • DephlaterMouse
    DephlaterMouse
    ✭✭✭
    The only place where 2H has an advantage over dual wield is in low level BWB PVP. The 2H passive increasing sword damage, maul armor penetration cannot be had much earlier.

Also dizzying swings can be had at level 14 and an execute at level 20.
    USA to New Zealand transplant.
  • Hutch679
    Hutch679
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a stam DK I prefer fossilize and wrecking blow over using the dizzy swing morph. Fossilize is unblockable. Hit that venom claw, fossilize wrecking blow, dawn breaker combo. Yikes.
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't really compare them because I use 2h and DW on my stamina builds. If I were to list what I miss if I didn't have a 2h, it would definitely be a burst heal and gap closer. I can live without an execute, because my DW does enough damage to burst things down (especially when you have the DW passives maxed)
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I prefer duel wield. Heavy attacks equal 2 hits and you also have 2 seperate weapon enchant cooldowns. This makes fighting dodge chance users very easy.
    Edited by GreenSoup2HoT on September 29, 2016 12:22AM
    PS4 NA DC
  • DHale
    DHale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gap closer and stam gen for each kill.
    Sorcerna, proud beta sorc. RIP April 2014 to May 31 2016 DArk Brotherhood. Out of retirement for negates and encases. Sorcerna will be going back into retirement to be my main crafter Fall 2018. Because an 8 k shield is f ing useless. Died because of baddies on the forum. Too much qq too little pew pew. 16 AD 2 DC. 0 EP cause they bad, CP 2300 plus 18 level 50 toons. NA, PC, Grey Host#SORCLIVESMATTER actually they don’t or they wouldn’t keep getting nerfed constantly.
  • mtwiggz
    mtwiggz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Biggest draw back of using DW over 2H is the lack of gap closer, unless you're a NB.

You could most definitely back bar a 2H and use Crit Rush to gap close then bar swap to DW. Yet with all of the latency issues a lot of the time swapping weapons like that is a complete fail.

S&B is a very viable option that has a gap closer, two spammable DPS options and a defile. Only thing you're lacking is an execute. You could switch to your 2H bar to execute in this setup but most decent players will get out of range or heal while you swap.
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    nice thing is that dual wield counts as 2 pieces to set bonuses
  • texassob
    texassob
    ✭✭✭
    im currently running dw/2h on my nb, works pretty good.