Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Crown Store Showcase: September 30th, 2016"

• Praeficere
    Praeficere
    ✭✭✭✭
    -
    Edited by Praeficere on July 12, 2017 12:21PM
    Though the shadow has moved not,
    A thousand miles I’ve passed –
    Ageless as the mountains but forgetting not the past.

Are you Resolute?
    PC EU Progression Guild
  • Mouseattigan1
    Mouseattigan1
    ✭✭
      I just looked through the achievements for the Witches Festival on Live, and according to one in specific the in-game motif that can be collected is called Hollowjack, which is obviously - by name only - not Grim Harlequin. Unless BethZoS decided to give it an entirely different name in-game, or Grim Harlequin is a really low, "secret" drop, Grim Harlequin appears to be a Crown Store only motif. If it truly is only found in the Crown Store, I'm not surprised. I only hope that it's in the Crown Store every time the Witches Festival rolls around so I can buy it next time - and hopefully it isn't 5k Crowns because I can't afford that; five thousand Crowns makes sense for a motif that's found in-game, and the player doesn't want to put in the time and effort gathering all the bits and pieces, but for a motif that isn't found in-game? Well, it better be more spectacular than BethZoS' motifs usually are, in my opinion (obviously *snerk*).
    Edited by Mouseattigan1 on September 30, 2016 4:35PM
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Praeficere wrote: »
    The Grim Harlequin motif will be available in-game just like Hollowjack, it was just bugged on PTS. (Read patch notes)

@Praeficere Do you remember which patch notes? Last PTS round for 2.5?
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • Mx13
    Mx13
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS is doing massive free update and a cool free in-game event(free motif included) and people complain about one exclusive crown motif...smh

On-topic:
    I missed the Scarecrow polymorph last time so im happy to have a chance to get it now :)
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MissBizz wrote: »
    The Grim Harlequin motif will be available in-game just like Hollowjack, it was just bugged on PTS. (Read patch notes)

@Praeficere Do you remember which patch notes? Last PTS round for 2.5?

I was unable to find any forum reference to Grim Harlequin by any ZOS employee that said that. I would like to see the reference if anyone has it.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Praeficere Do you remember which patch notes? Last PTS round for 2.5?

I was unable to find any forum reference to Grim Harlequin by any ZOS employee that said that. I would like to see the reference if anyone has it.

@lordrichter Yeah, the only thing I could find was a "known issue" on one of the PTS patch note threads.. the issue was your character wouldn't learn the motif after reading the book. Doesn't mention anything about dropping in game.
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@lordrichter Yeah, the only thing I could find was a "known issue" on one of the PTS patch note threads.. the issue was your character wouldn't learn the motif after reading the book. Doesn't mention anything about dropping in game.

Oddly enough, that patch note is the one and only time Gina, Jessica, Rich, or Kai (plus a few others) has even mentioned it. Maybe it does not really exist? :smile:
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Oddly enough, that patch note is the one and only time Gina, Jessica, Rich, or Kai (plus a few others) has even mentioned it. Maybe it does not really exist? :smile:

Wait....

I didn't find a patch note saying it was fixed! lol

Also, read a good point in another thread from someone. They will gladly buy it because it's available for sale directly, and not through crown crates.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Wait....

Also, read a good point in another thread from someone. They will gladly buy it because it's available for sale directly, and not through crown crates.

Oh yeah, I am thinking about it.

Unfortunately, ZOS will just take it and then expect me to restock for the [hack spit] Crown Crates in November.
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Wait....

Oh yeah, I am thinking about it.

Unfortunately, ZOS will just take it and then expect me to restock for the [hack spit] Crown Crates in November.

If I buy it though I bet I could make tons of gold by crafting it for others.... I never have much gold. This could turn my bank account around!
  • Pandorii
    Pandorii
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where are the hairstyles? This month had no new hairstyles or adornments. = (
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Twilix01 wrote: »
    DocFrost72 wrote: »
    Something interesting; remember when the cake week went live and you had to get the voucher on the crown store? Perhaps, just perhaps, the motif is free during the event, then taken down after?

Make a motif free then offer it for real money in the crown store? I guess if the motif is hard to acquire in game, then sure but i don't see that happening, zenimax wants to see how far they can push their playerbase before they stop getting money.

I think you misunderstood. What DocFrost means is that, perhaps the Grim Harlequin style is being offered for free while it's up there in the spirit of the Witch's Festival event. If, IF, this is the case, then we can reasonably assume the Frostcaster crown motif found on PTS will be the same deal for the New Life Festival as well.

Twilliam gets it. And as someone who places Req orders for new styles I'm too lazy to farm from people like @Twilix01 who bust their butts to get the new chapters, I'm really hoping they are NOT crown store exclusive.

What am I supposed to do, give him RL money for crown gems? HowaboutnothanksKbye
  • Twilix01
    Twilix01
    ✭✭✭

I actually checked this out myself and it specifically mentioned chapters in that patch note. Considering there are chapters of the motif in existence, it can be assumed the style is obtainable in-game without using crowns.
    Something interesting; remember when the cake week went live and you had to get the voucher on the crown store? Perhaps, just perhaps, the motif is free during the event, then taken down after?

Make a motif free then offer it for real money in the crown store? I guess if the motif is hard to acquire in game, then sure but i don't see that happening, zenimax wants to see how far they can push their playerbase before they stop getting money.

I think you misunderstood. What DocFrost means is that, perhaps the Grim Harlequin style is being offered for free while it's up there in the spirit of the Witch's Festival event. If, IF, this is the case, then we can reasonably assume the Frostcaster crown motif found on PTS will be the same deal for the New Life Festival as well.

Twilliam gets it. And as someone who places Req orders for new styles I'm too lazy to farm from people like @Twilix01 who bust their butts to get the new chapters, I'm really hoping they are NOT crown store exclusive.

What am I supposed to do, give him RL money for crown gems? HowaboutnothanksKbye

And while I wouldn't complain about getting some actual money.... joking aside I would be pretty upset as someone who farms and spends gold on collecting every single style ZOS releases if they restricted any to only be available by spending crowns.
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

lordrichter Yeah, the only thing I could find was a "known issue" on one of the PTS patch note threads.. the issue was your character wouldn't learn the motif after reading the book. Doesn't mention anything about dropping in game.

I actually checked this out myself and it specifically mentioned chapters in that patch note. Considering there are chapters of the motif in existence, it can be assumed the style is obtainable in-game without using crowns.

And while I wouldn't complain about getting some actual money.... joking aside I would be pretty upset as someone who farms and spends gold on collecting every single style ZOS releases if they restricted any to only be available by spending crowns.

The chapters existing in game do make a very good point @Twilix01 . Seems to work against their decision to start putting motifs in the crown store after going in game though. (and to give more time between them)
  • nimander99
    nimander99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    By far the best Crown Store Showcase we've ever had!
    I AM UPDATING MY PRIVACY POLICY

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

∽∽∽ 2 years of Elder Scrolls Online ∼∼∼
    "Give us money" = Box sales & monthly sub fees,
    "moar!" = £10 palomino horse,
    "MOAR!" = Switch to B2P, launch cash shop,
    "MOAR!!" = Charge for DLC that subs had already paid for,
    "MOAR!!!" = Experience scrolls and riding lessons,
    "MOARR!!!" = Vampire/werewolf bites,
    "MOAARRR!!!" = CS exclusive motifs,
    "MOOAARRR!!!" = Crown crates,
    "MOOOAAARRR!!!" = 'Chapter's' bought separately from ESO+,
    "MOOOOAAAARRRR!!!!" = ???

Male, Dunmer, VR16, Templar, Aldmeri Dominion, Master Crafter & all Traits, CP450
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

lordrichter Yeah, the only thing I could find was a "known issue" on one of the PTS patch note threads.. the issue was your character wouldn't learn the motif after reading the book. Doesn't mention anything about dropping in game.

The chapters existing in game do make a very good point @Twilix01 . Seems to work against their decision to start putting motifs in the crown store after going in game though. (and to give more time between them)

Honestly, I am OK with special event Crown Motifs and In-Game Motifs being "limited time" and available at the same time. I just want to be able to have the option of getting the Motif in the game. Getting stuff in the game is more fun that shelling out Crowns. I play to have fun. If I wanted to buy stuff for fun, I'd camp on eBay.
  • Darkonflare15
    Darkonflare15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Geez the motto of this forum community should be "assume and outrage". I come on this forums just to find out some new information and their always something that players are complaing about with limited information. I should also add to the motto " if assumption is true out rage some more" probably should get rid of the word true because it could be false and community would still outrage.
  • Thealteregoroman
    Thealteregoroman
    ✭✭✭✭✭

lol........
    ****Master Healer...****
  • Preyfar
    Preyfar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Geez the motto of this forum community should be "assume and outrage". I come on this forums just to find out some new information and their always something that players are complaing about with limited information. I should also add to the motto " if assumption is true out rage some more" probably should get rid of the word true because it could be false and community would still outrage.
    I think because ZOS hasn't said anything on the topic. It would be really simple to state "The motif will be available for a limited time during the event, but in-game and through the Crown Store." But because it's been almost an entire business day, and ZOS hasn't commented, people are naturally suspicious. I don't get why they've not commented on it. This is one of those times where people go "If ZOS would communicate with us this wouldn't be an issue."

I get they can't comment on everything, but...
    Edited by Preyfar on September 30, 2016 8:01PM
  • Idinuse
    Idinuse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edited by Idinuse on September 30, 2016 8:06PM
    Sed ut perspiciatis unde omnis iste natus error sit voluptatem accusantium dolorem que laudantium, totam rem aperiam, eaque ipsa quae ab illo inventore veritatis et quasi architecto beatae vitae dicta sunt explicabo. Nemo enim ipsam voluptatem quia voluptas sit aspernatur aut odit aut fugit, sed quia consequuntur magni dolores eos qui ratione voluptatem sequi nesciunt. Neque porro quisquam est, qui dolorem ipsum quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non numquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem. Ut enim ad minima veniam, quis nostrum exercitationem ullam corporis suscipit laboriosam, nisi ut aliquid ex ea commodi consequatur? Quis autem vel eum iure reprehenderit qui in ea voluptate velit esse quam nihil molestiae consequatur, vel illum qui dolorem eum fugiat quo voluptas nulla pariatur?
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Preyfar wrote: »
    I think because ZOS hasn't said anything on the topic. It would be really simple to state "The motif will be available for a limited time during the event, but in-game and through the Crown Store." But because it's been almost an entire business day, and ZOS hasn't commented, people are naturally suspicious. I don't get why they've not commented on it. This is one of those times where people go "If ZOS would communicate with us this wouldn't be an issue."

That's what has me worried too, man.

And @Twilix01, if the chapters exist, that means they exist in game, and not just on the crown store...unless ZoS is selling chapters now (I'm kidding people!)
    Edited by DocFrost72 on September 30, 2016 8:36PM
  • Talek
    Talek
    ✭✭✭
    I think people didn't understand that if this motif is crown store exclusive and it isn't locked that you can only use it on your own stuff (like imperial transmog or when you craft item it's automatically bound) then it is HUGE P2W, like way bigger than selling mats etc. in other games that is considered p2w because there is not even a hard way to obtain it in the other way and if it's limited then ppl that get it will make *** ton of money cuz it will be the most exclusive motif in the game. My sub lapse in 2 days i was going to buy new 60 day card today but seeing this is a big nono and i'm waiting for official response. If this motif isn't accound bound craft then p2w, you're crossing the line with crown crates but from different reasons but this...this is just route that Rift, Black Desert and other f2p mmos with low developers hit for quick cashgrab (and few months later their games basically dies in most cases), i thought Beth/ZoS is beyond that but i guess no.
    Edited by Talek on September 30, 2016 8:43PM
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That's what has me worried too, man.

And Twilix01, if the chapters exist, that means they exist in game, and not just on the crown store...unless ZoS is selling chapters now (I'm kidding people!)

I mentioned the chapter thing to someone today @DocFrost72 .. and they said to me "Oh, well maybe the chapters will be for in crown crates!" (I'm hoping I'm kidding people!) ;)
  • Preyfar
    Preyfar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I mentioned the chapter thing to someone today @DocFrost72 .. and they said to me "Oh, well maybe the chapters will be for in crown crates!" (I'm hoping I'm kidding people!) ;)
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/276967/pts-patch-notes-v2-5-1/

Related to your earlier comment:
    "Upon use, the Grim Harlequin style chapter items are not currently teaching the Grim Harlequin style."

ZOS has acknowledged the chapter items are there, in game, and there was a big associated with them. So they exist, and can (somehow) be obtained in game. The likely thought is the full motif will be available to purchase as it's a limited time item, so ZOS wants to bank on players paying to get it before it's unobtainable.

Why they can't update and clarify their position on that...
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/276967/pts-patch-notes-v2-5-1/

"Upon use, the Grim Harlequin style chapter items are not currently teaching the Grim Harlequin style."

ZOS has acknowledged the chapter items are there, in game, and there was a big associated with them. So they exist, and can (somehow) be obtained in game. The likely thought is the full motif will be available to purchase as it's a limited time item, so ZOS wants to bank on players paying to get it before it's unobtainable.

@Preyfar Tokens to take your werewolf or vampire to max level are in game on the pts. Just because something comes on a template character... doesn't mean much.
  • wayfarerx
    wayfarerx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I'm thinking that maybe they're letting this one dangle out there unanswered so that they get a break from the daily crown crate rage.
    @wayfarerx - PC / North America / Aldmeri Dominion
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There hasn't been any dev tracker activity today since the (very early) original timestamp on this thread's first post. Maybe the power went out at ZOS headquarters and none of the devs have been able to get onto the forums today.

But yeah, they could save themselves a lot of trouble if they'd just post to clarify how this motif is supposed to work. And save us a lot of disgruntlement if the crown store offering is in addition to an in-game source.
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA
  • SaraRose
    SaraRose
    ✭✭
    ya'll just yapping about Grim Harlequin (Hollowjack looks infinitely better imo, Grim has ok lookin swords mind you) and I'm over eyeing the pretty cat mask, the adornment pack and maybe one of the polymorphs lol.
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SaraRose wrote: »
    ya'll just yapping about Grim Harlequin (Hollowjack looks infinitely better imo, Grim has ok lookin swords mind you) and I'm over eyeing the pretty cat mask, the adornment pack and maybe one of the polymorphs lol.

Oh? I'm gonna have me a cute AD dog!

@Ilsabet I also believe Gina and Jessica are both at Twitchcon today/this weekend, and who knows who else. Also Kai is apparently actually in germany now.. so, I'm no good at timezones but maybe he's sleeping.
  • Twilix01
    Twilix01
    ✭✭✭

@Preyfar Tokens to take your werewolf or vampire to max level are in game on the pts. Just because something comes on a template character... doesn't mean much.

True, true. However, template characters on PTS are given full books, not chapters. So I don't believe that chapters of the Grim Harlequin style are limited to template characters.