The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Farming nodes needs improvement

akl77
akl77
✭✭✭✭✭
What's the point of players competing to pick the flower or ore in a field, where you running around barely getting any nodes cos the player in front has taken them.
ZOS why limit the nodes to first come first served? When I go to the field to farm nodes for the writ, it should be readily available, or at lease have them respawn quickly after other player picked it.
Like when the group kills a boss everyone gets the loot, why when everyone on the field only one person gets the node?
Everyone should see the field as the same amount of nodes, ZOS.
Pc na
  • ThePaleItalian
    ThePaleItalian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You have farmers, you have people with gold who do not want to farm.

System will be abused to hell because 15 people picking the same plants and ore will just over saturate the economy.

There are tons of places to farm nodes, quick respawns or having nodes everywhere will making farming mats and everything else useless. Just gotta put the time in for it.
    Conan, what is good in life?
    Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.

PS4 Screen Name: The_Pale_Italian
    ZweiHandler - Orc DK Tank
    Solstice StormHaven - Magika Sorc
    Oba Nobanaga - Stam NB
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Simply put, it would ruin the economy.
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• wazzz56
    wazzz56
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not trying to sound like a jerk but maybe your method of farming is what needs improvement. FInd a new loop, adjust your skills on your bar..something.....Personally, as some one who spends probably an excessive (or obsessive ) amount of time farming, I find the fact that somebody may beat me to a node as something that counteracts how mundane it can be.
    GM Tig Ole Critties ps5 NA small scale PvP guild

"After a hard week of farming, or a long night of being nagged by your wife, there is nothing better than going out for a bit of a fish."
  • ComboBreaker88
    ComboBreaker88
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Danksta wrote: »

Actually it would have the opposite effect. It would stabilize the economy.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Once you get out in the game world, you will find lots of places to Farm. In particular, the last 3 of the traditional zones are best for farming. Reason, everyone is farming in the first two zones because they are broke and can't afford to pay the Farmers. There are also areas of each zone that naturally attract lots of players, and areas that don't, usually because they are not easy to get to, or there are not a lot of quest related content in the area. Find those areas that are less populated and you will find more nodes to farm.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• akl77
    akl77
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, the most dense nodes is hews bane, less walk per node, but even in non peak hours it's always populated.
    Pc na
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Danksta wrote: »

Once One Tamriel hits crafting mats will be one of the few things that will sell with a lot of sets going BoP. I don't see how driving the price down on one of the things that sells well is going to be good for the economy.
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If they did instance nodes (à la GW2) they would have to greatly reduce their number.

Personally, I never found other people farming to be an issue. I just take a left when they take a right. Even in Hollow City, if someone else is there too and you are circling in opposite directions, stuff respawns quickly enough that your rate is not affected.

But as Nestor pointed out, there are tons of places to gather at.
    The Moot Councillor
  • KaleidoscopeEyz
    KaleidoscopeEyz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nope. Disagree. Someone farming in front of you then go in another direction. What you're suggesting would crash the alchemy market. Your situation is rarely ever an issue for me and I pick up everything I see.
  • KaleidoscopeEyz
    KaleidoscopeEyz
    ✭✭✭✭

Sure, if by "stabilize the alchemy economy" you mean reduce the alchemy economy to a big fat $0 since nobody would have any need to purchase regents.
  • Lightninvash
    Lightninvash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the current system because I can explore the entire area I am in collecting mats in one huge circle. With no worries about someone picking up the flower I spotted I can move on and find 3 more in a wide cluster. :)