The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

A Request to Devs: Randomize the Treasure Chest Locations

HeroOfNone
HeroOfNone
✭✭✭✭✭
Morning!

Before Tamriel One drops, could you randomize some of the treasure chest locations? Plenty of people will be trying to farm the new sets and abusing harvest map for the quickest routes, bit I've ways enjoyed searching about in random areas blind. Even just adding a few new ones off the known routes would be enjoyable.

Thank you
Edited by HeroOfNone on September 29, 2016 3:59PM
Herfi Driderkitty of the Aldmeri Dominion
Find me on : Twitch | Youtube | Twitter | Reddit
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like this idea.

I like finding treasure chests, and as much as it's convenient to remember where they are and be able to go straight there sometimes it's much more fun to have to look for them, or go back over and area not knowing exactly where they'll be.

It could be kept simple, have 3 or 4 possible locations for each one, all within the same area, but some variety would be nice.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Danikat wrote: »
    It could be kept simple, have 3 or 4 possible locations for each one, all within the same area, but some variety would be nice.
    How exactly does that help? It would take users of HM or TTMP less than a week to update their maps.

There are already more possible spawn locations than actual spawned chests so you're really just adding a few more possible spawn locations to the map.

That won't help a bit with the "I've ways enjoyed searching about in random areas blind" notion of the OP ...
    shades.gif