The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Do people run entropy on mag builds pvp?

Drdeath20
Drdeath20
✭✭✭✭✭
So on my magplar I have a somewhat free skill slot and I'm torn on what to slot for pvp.

Was just wondering if most magicka user slot entropy. The payoff is huge for using the skill and/or just slotting it. 8% more max health. 2% more max magicka and magicka recovery. 20% stronger spell damage for 20 seconds. Amongst other things.

The problem is I find it very situational. There's soo much movement in pvp and the battles I get into, that most of the time I don't have time to use entropy before firing off my primary spell. So for the most part it's slotted just for the passives. The 8%extra health is somewhat an after thought. Im More interested in the increase in magicka and recovery.

I could be slotting a skill like Elusive mist, which provides some escapability or vampires bane (for the snare) or efficient purge (10%increase in magicka recovery and cleanse)

So my question to other magicka users is, do you slot and use entropy regularly?
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    If you're not using it then you should be using spell power potions, which will get pretty expensive.
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Next update there's a set with a permanent 5 piece major sorcery bonus.

Use that if you can't remember to keep entropy up.
  • Pepper8Jack
    Pepper8Jack
    ✭✭✭
    I'd definitely recommend using Entropy in PvP for the major sorcery buff, and for the might of the guild passive from the mages guild. Pop entropy and drop meteor you'll be hitting for significantly more than you would be without it.
  • FriedEggSandwich
    FriedEggSandwich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I prefer degeneration to entropy, don't like my health bar moving every time I bar swap, and it can get you into trouble if you bar swap to your lower health bar when near execute range. As a sorc I find degeneration to be a more clunky playstyle than power surge. I go through phases of using it and it's great when you can land an empowered frags, but it's not exactly subtle and landing that empowered frags it easier said than done most of the time. Surge playstyle just seems to flow better, and I can use it to proc frags from stealth; situational bit still useful. As others have said though; you definitely need a sorce or major sorcery, whether that be from pots or sap essence.
    PC | EU
  • RAGUNAnoOne
    RAGUNAnoOne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most mag classes have a better source of Major Sorcery so no I don't use it. I might if the other mage guild moves were not crap and could synergize well with most playstyles like FG does.
    PS4 NA
    Argonian Master Race

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

Support Tail armor and tail ribbons: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/236333/concept-tail-armor-for-beast-races#latest
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/246134/request-dyeable-tail-ribbons
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I use entropy on my magplar (whom uses radiant oppression)...got some input that really sold me on the ability...

poster compared entropy to Chris Paul (entropy) lobbing passes to Blake Griffin (radiant oppression) for the dunk - now that I can understand...
    Edited by geonsocal on September 28, 2016 2:18AM
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Free slots for skills! Everything my DW Mag Sorc uses is essential :(

I slot Entropy.

It gives you nice passives, an Empower bonus, a mini DoT/HoT, and a way to pull NBs out of cloak or Snipe spammers into combat (who can unfairly cast Snipe and immediate stay stealthed out of combat).
    Edited by Vaoh on September 28, 2016 2:27AM
  • Swindy
    Swindy
    ✭✭✭
    Drdeath20 wrote: »
    So on my magplar I have a somewhat free skill slot and I'm torn on what to slot for pvp.

Was just wondering if most magicka user slot entropy. The payoff is huge for using the skill and/or just slotting it. 8% more max health. 2% more max magicka and magicka recovery. 20% stronger spell damage for 20 seconds. Amongst other things.

The problem is I find it very situational. There's soo much movement in pvp and the battles I get into, that most of the time I don't have time to use entropy before firing off my primary spell. So for the most part it's slotted just for the passives. The 8%extra health is somewhat an after thought. Im More interested in the increase in magicka and recovery.

I could be slotting a skill like Elusive mist, which provides some escapability or vampires bane (for the snare) or efficient purge (10%increase in magicka recovery and cleanse)

So my question to other magicka users is, do you slot and use entropy regularly?
    How does one run a Magplar with a spare slot? :(
    You need the 20% spell power buff, and the mages 20% guild buff before every magic attack, particularly Radiant or Soul (I'm not certain it gets the 20% tbh but I use it regardless) or Meteor.
    Now as a crafter, I'd rather you bought my potions :wink: ...but I use degeneration for the regen from light weaves (DW during sweeps more so VMA & Trials etc than Pvp) and to avoid the health drop changing to my buff/defence bar as others stated.
    I carry pots in case there's a gank from stealth opportunity that requires the buff without warning the opposition, but stealthing in Pvp on a Magplar isn't easy stamina wise so it's a rare attack opportunity.
    II Swindy II

Australian on Xbox NA (ex EU)
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unlike other classes, Templar doesn't have its own source of major sorcery, so you will most likely want it. I use it on mDK as well, because the class one is hella expensive (like everything else they have).
    Entropy is cheap and when combined with mages guild passives, is extremely useful not just for major sorcery
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Swindy wrote: »
    Drdeath20 wrote: »

How does one run a Magplar with a spare slot? :(
    You need the 20% spell power buff, and the mages 20% guild buff before every magic attack, particularly Radiant or Soul (I'm not certain it gets the 20% tbh but I use it regardless) or Meteor.
    Now as a crafter, I'd rather you bought my potions :wink: ...but I use degeneration for the regen from light weaves (DW during sweeps more so VMA & Trials etc than Pvp) and to avoid the health drop changing to my buff/defence bar as others stated.
    I carry pots in case there's a gank from stealth opportunity that requires the buff without warning the opposition, but stealthing in Pvp on a Magplar isn't easy stamina wise so it's a rare attack opportunity.

None of those three skills can be empowered by entropy. Radiant and soul, which I believe you are referring to is soul assault, are channels, therefore dots and therefore cannot be empowered. Meteor is a mages guild ability, so it just refreshes the empower and does not consume it. All of them are impacted by the major sorcery, 20% more spell damage though.
  • failkiwib16_ESO
    failkiwib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I honestly use it for survival lol the extra health is nice and the heal is nice too.

About the major sorcery buff:
    • if you can afford Spell Power Potions it's a dps loss
    • If you can not afford Spell Power Potions it's a dps increase
  • Madness1
    Madness1
    ✭✭✭
    I don't use it because like others have said their are better alternitives that could suite your build more. I have a similar issue but instead of that I use Inner Light for a rather decent Max Magicka buff (with passives) and the boost to crit.
    What is the color of night?
    What is the color of the fox?
    Hail Sithis.