Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PS4 controls

PS4_ZeColmeia
PS4_ZeColmeia
✭✭✭✭✭
I really wish we could create hot keys on the console version on the game. I have 0 experience with Xbox, but it would be nice if we could map items or quick slots to other key bindings. On PS4 we have 4 directions we can swipe on the touchpad. It would be nice to be able to tie these to items to make playing a bit more intuitive.

To make it user driven, and therefore console ambiguous, please provide a few quick slot keys (not preconfigured) that we can tie to our own keys or key combos. This would really help make console more customized and easier to play.
PSN: ***___Chan (3 _s)
Hybrid, All-Role NB
  • mr1sho
    mr1sho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They need to give us the option to use keyboard and mouse on PS4
    Gold Company Commander
  • PS4_ZeColmeia
    PS4_ZeColmeia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mr1sho wrote: »
    They need to give us the option to use keyboard and mouse on PS4

Honestly that would be nice as well. I prefer the controller because of the vita, but if everyone has access to it then i don't care as long as they turn the auto sight off for mouse users since you don't need it.
    Hybrid, All-Role NB
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You can, but not from in the game. It's in the settings. I moved my swap bar to the r3 thumb click(crouch) with left d-pad.
  • ZOS_DaryaK
    ZOS_DaryaK
    admin
    We've moved this discussion to the PlayStation 4 Technical Support Forum where it will be more helpful.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • PS4_ZeColmeia
    PS4_ZeColmeia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_DaryaK I was trying to address this more generally to consoles, but used the PS4 as an example.

No biggie though. Thanks.
    Hybrid, All-Role NB
  • PS4_ZeColmeia
    PS4_ZeColmeia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kylewwefan wrote: »
    You can, but not from in the game. It's in the settings. I moved my swap bar to the r3 thumb click(crouch) with left d-pad.

Completely different thing than I am advocating for. I am saying there are more available keys like the swipe direction on the touchpad that are completely unused. I would love if the NSWE quick slots, as an example, could be bound to the swipe directions on the pad. This would allow you to quickly, in combat, reup your food or switch buffs and/or choose from different pots or memorablia.
    Hybrid, All-Role NB
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Oh. IDK about that one. It's not too bad switching things around on the hot bar while on the fly. It's enough to get you killed real quick in Cyrodil, but usually plenty of time in dungeons.
  • PS4_ZeColmeia
    PS4_ZeColmeia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's not too bad, but I'd prefer better to not too bad.
    Hybrid, All-Role NB
  • moonio
    moonio
    ✭✭✭✭
    Activating a synergy is rubbish though, for ages I didn't know how to do it.. and maybe I'm still doing it incorrectly..
    I mean how do you manage to lay your finger across 2 buttons whilst in the middle of a fight when you have to trigger loads of buttons really quickly?

And also... we need a quick way to activate alternative bars... having to stop.. go into the menu, find the skill you want, make sure you are on the correct bar, load up the skill, then continue is really annoying..
    I want a set of alternative bars that I can activate instantly... yes.. I need this..
  • PS4_ZeColmeia
    PS4_ZeColmeia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    moonio wrote: »
    Activating a synergy is rubbish though, for ages I didn't know how to do it.. and maybe I'm still doing it incorrectly..
    I mean how do you manage to lay your finger across 2 buttons whilst in the middle of a fight when you have to trigger loads of buttons really quickly?

And also... we need a quick way to activate alternative bars... having to stop.. go into the menu, find the skill you want, make sure you are on the correct bar, load up the skill, then continue is really annoying..
    I want a set of alternative bars that I can activate instantly... yes.. I need this..

I would be totally down with loadouts complete with skill and gear. I think keep the rules on switching in combat in place, but being able to menu choose 1x vs everytime I want to switch roles would also be a great improvement.
    Hybrid, All-Role NB