The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Maw does not drop shields anymore

Woeler
Woeler
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
So, for the last month or so, we've been doing a lot of VMOL. I am still looking for an Alkosh shield. However, nobody in our raid has had any sort of shield drop since the Shadows of the Hist was released, and we raid 3x a week for 3 to 4 hours a night.

@ZOS_Finn Did you remove these from the loot table? Is this a bug?

@Alcast any shields in your raid lately?
  • sickboy2808
    sickboy2808
    ✭✭✭
    Is your raid guild recruting?? Soz off topic
    ZOS takes cheating very Lightly. You have been warned, and any cheaters found out will get the Least punishment possible...
  • Woeler
    Woeler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Is your raid guild recruting?? Soz off topic

Are you on PC EU? Do you speak German?
  • sickboy2808
    sickboy2808
    ✭✭✭
    Not a word of German ha but i like the country. And yeah on PC EU
    ZOS takes cheating very Lightly. You have been warned, and any cheaters found out will get the Least punishment possible...
  • Woeler
    Woeler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Not a word of German ha but i like the country. And yeah on PC EU

Well, it's German speaking only, so I guess you don't meet the requirements to join lol.
  • sickboy2808
    sickboy2808
    ✭✭✭
    Im afraid i dont but thanx anyways
  • Daveheart
    Daveheart
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't think we've seen one for a while Woeler.
    Daggerfall Covenant (PC-NA)

The Order of Mundus | Nightfighters
  • lolo_01b16_ESO
    lolo_01b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sounds familiar. The last time I saw a shield drop is long ago and we also have people in guild desperatly looking for it.
  • Alcast
    Alcast
    Class Representative
    Havent seen any shields, but same goes for daggers, havent seen some for months
    https://alcasthq.com - Alcasthq.com Builds & Guides
    https://eso-hub.com - ESO-Hub.com Sets, Skills, Guides & News
    https://dwemerautomaton.com - Discord, Telegram & Twitch Command Bot

• OrphanHelgen
    OrphanHelgen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    We have one in guild with alkosh shield, but Im not sure when he got it. I will ask him as soon as I see him online.
    PC, EU server, Ebonheart Pact

Finally a reason not to play League of Legends
  • Wollust
    Wollust
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    No shields for quite some time now
    Susano'o

Zerg Squad
  • NyPetiwowp
    NyPetiwowp
    ✭✭
    I need a shield too, IT NEEDS FIXING!!!
  • ZOS_Finn
    ZOS_Finn
    Dungeon, Encounter
    & Monster Lead
    Thanks for the report Woeler, we are taking a look.
    Lead Encounter Designer (Dungeons, Monsters, Encounters)
    Staff Post
  • Kyye
    Kyye
    ✭✭✭
    I noticed shield prices are ridiculously high on Xbox na. Don't remember them being 50k for any basic set...
    XBL GT: CWB Hempire
    Bright moons guide your steps.
  • Decado
    Decado
    ✭✭✭✭
    No shield in my guild either, I got lucky and hit a reinforced alkosh but that dropped on the weekly
    Not in maw, too many bows of lunar bastion for shields lol
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No shields from FIF either. We do Vet Maw 4-7 times a week and non of use has gotten a shield since, well, ever. Only seem to get 2 Handed Weapons, Staffs and Bow, for weapons that is.
    Edited by paulsimonps on September 13, 2016 12:51AM
  • NyPetiwowp
    NyPetiwowp
    ✭✭
    ZOS_Finn wrote: »

I've already reported this issue weeks ago in a support ticket, and they wouldn't even have replayed to me if I hadn't reopened the ticked - which was auto-replyed only - after 8 days; and in it, they said that they've forwarded this problem to the right team and to use '/feedback' command to report bugs which should straight go to the devs. (I did with that too!)

What I meant to say is: Don't only start taking looks when a Woeler says what the problem is, listen to every feedbacks when any person reports them, 'cause indeed we have many bugs that are in need of fixing!
  • Woeler
    Woeler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    NyPetiwowp wrote: »
    ZOS_Finn wrote: »

What I meant to say is: Don't only start taking looks when a Woeler says what the problem is, listen to every feedbacks when any person reports them, 'cause indeed we have many bugs that are in need of fixing!

"A Woeler"? To my knowledge I'm still a person, not a species.
  • Rittings
    Rittings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've done Maw many times and never seen a shield drop... I know they must drop because a guildie has two Ebon Shields - but I know one of them cost him a small fortune to buy from someone trading it.
  • nordsavage
    nordsavage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We have one in guild with alkosh shield, but Im not sure when he got it. I will ask him as soon as I see him online.

Odds are its a leaderboard reward. That's how I received my Lunar Bastion shield.
    I didn't choose tank life, tank life chose me.
  • Woeler
    Woeler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Finn pts patchnotes say they fixed the issues that shields with certain traits do not drop. Ehm... shields do not drop at all? What does this mean?