Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Mages Guild Quests

Ohhgrizyyy
Ohhgrizyyy
✭✭✭✭
I'm currently lvl 9.5 in Mages guild and have 2 more zone lore collections. Coldharbour and Reapers March. (I've been lazy and literally just been grabbing the zone specific lorebooks) Question #1 Does doing the mages quests give you experience towards your mages guild and if it does would that and 2 more zones lore collections be enough to get me to Rank 10? Question #2 What option is it at the end of the mages guild quest line that gives you 2 skill points?
Playing on PS4 NA server and current characters are CP 750

Lvl 50 EP High Elf Magsorc PvP (outdated)
Lvl 50 EP Wood Elf Nightblade (Currently my crafter)
Lvl 50 EP High Elf Magplar PvP (outdated healbot)
Lvl 50 EP Redguard Stam DK PvE (updating)
Lvl 50 EP Dark Elf Mag DK PvP

All my builds are outdated...I quit for a year lmao

PSN ID: SDL_Griz
  • wayfarerx
    wayfarerx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ohhgrizyyy wrote: »
    I'm currently lvl 9.5 in Mages guild and have 2 more zone lore collections. Coldharbour and Reapers March. (I've been lazy and literally just been grabbing the zone specific lorebooks) Question #1 Does doing the mages quests give you experience towards your mages guild and if it does would that and 2 more zones lore collections be enough to get me to Rank 10? Question #2 What option is it at the end of the mages guild quest line that gives you 2 skill points?

#1) No XP for quests, but there will be a daily that gives XP in One Tamriel. I think you still have to go into silver or gold zones to hit rank 10.

#2) The one that makes Uncle Sheo the happiest.
    @wayfarerx - PC / North America / Aldmeri Dominion
  • Ohhgrizyyy
    Ohhgrizyyy
    ✭✭✭✭
    How many more collections or books would I need roughly to reach rank 10 then? I have 0/10 for Cold harbor and Reapers March. 9/10 for divines and deities I'm pretty sure. Would completing those 3 give me rank 10?

• mobicera
    mobicera
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe there are mages lore books in the quest chain but not all that many and no the quests do not give any experience towards your rank sadly. On console this lore book grind in a pain subsequently I have only done this on one toon.

With one tamerial comes the inclusion of daily mages guild quests that do grant experience towards your rank, though I am not sure just how much.

Oops question 2; to get skill points take the book and let mages guild lady(memory of her name currently eludes me) go with uncle sheo.
    Edited by mobicera on September 26, 2016 6:51PM
  • KimberlyannKitsuragi
    Valeste
    Feel free to add me. I'm part of the Gummy Guars PC/Mac NA server. Master crafter and working on getting 9 traits on everything
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wayfarerx wrote: »

#1) No XP for quests, but there will be a daily that gives XP in One Tamriel. I think you still have to go into silver or gold zones to hit rank 10.
    I could be wrong on this, but I think you can collect enough books to get to rank 10 just in your home alliance zones, Coldharbour, and Cyrodiil. It's not something I've ever tried, though, as searching for lorebooks in Cyrodiil doesn't seem like an efficient way to do things. I guess with some lorebooks now being in DLC zones as well, it may be easier now to get to rank 10 pre-level 50. And of course, come October 5 (for PC anyway) you'll be able to easily go to any zone at any level to grab lorebooks, and there's the new Mages Guild daily that you mention to level the skill line as well.
    #2) The one that makes Uncle Sheo the happiest.
    I also kind of feel like it makes the "sacrifice" the happiest. I mean, she never seemed happy before, but with the butterflies...
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • wayfarerx
    wayfarerx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    UrQuan wrote: »

I could be wrong on this, but I think you can collect enough books to get to rank 10 just in your home alliance zones, Coldharbour, and Cyrodiil. It's not something I've ever tried, though, as searching for lorebooks in Cyrodiil doesn't seem like an efficient way to do things. I guess with some lorebooks now being in DLC zones as well, it may be easier now to get to rank 10 pre-level 50. And of course, come October 5 (for PC anyway) you'll be able to easily go to any zone at any level to grab lorebooks, and there's the new Mages Guild daily that you mention to level the skill line as well.

The one time that I tried this was about a year ago, I got every book from the AD zones, Coldharbour, Cyrodiil and almost all of the normal dungeons. I was very close to rank 10 but I'm not sure if finding the last couple of dungeon books would have put me over the top or not.
    Edited by wayfarerx on September 26, 2016 7:38PM
    @wayfarerx - PC / North America / Aldmeri Dominion
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How many more collections or books would I need roughly to reach rank 10 then? I have 0/10 for Cold harbor and Reapers March. 9/10 for divines and deities I'm pretty sure. Would completing those 3 give me rank 10?

Look at the Progress Bar for the Mages Guild. You get 5 points for each book you read, and 20 points (IIRC) for completing a zone's collection (which may not be all the Purple/Blue Lore Books in a Zone)

Anyway, if you see your 70 points from the top, then you need 14 more books, less any bonus you get as above, to max out the MG
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Ohhgrizyyy
    Ohhgrizyyy
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »

Look at the Progress Bar for the Mages Guild. You get 5 points for each book you read, and 20 points (IIRC) for completing a zone's collection (which may not be all the Purple/Blue Lore Books in a Zone)

Anyway, if you see your 70 points from the top, then you need 14 more books, less any bonus you get as above, to max out the MG

Im on console we cant see how much xp in we are to a lvl