The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Unable to launch ESO on MacOS Sierra O_o

henrycupcakerwb17_ESO
When I tried to launch the game , it just crashed and never be able to relaunch again unless I restart the Mac, and even then it still just crash and unable to launch the game
You guys need to AMP up the support on the MacOS, apple and their customers are not something you will want to treat like this

Rewrite the game engine, built in metal API as the graphical renderer , make ESo support multi GPU rendering for the Mac Pro hire a team specific for the Mac community , get in touch with apple , ask for sponsors for the billboard / internet / Super Bowl advertisement / get them to feature ESO on the iMac /Mac pro official webpage like they did with Starcraft 2 !!! or something if you guys are really tight on budget you know before Microsoft launched their first console they practically threw money at the developers just to get them to developer stuff for xbox , right?
Edited by henrycupcakerwb17_ESO on July 8, 2016 3:10PM
  • KhajitFurTrader
    KhajitFurTrader
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    macOS 10.12 Sierra is still in beta. There are bound to be several more developer and public beta builds until release in the Fall, no doubt bringing countinuing changes to internal systems. There's absolutely no pressure for ESO to support it now, because macOS isn't officially approved for productive use at this time.

Personally, I will again wait until at least version 10.12.1 has been released, before I even start thinking about upgrading my productive machines. As the past experience with El Capitan has shown, it won't be long for the first incremental patch to appear after GM release -- weeks, rather than months, in fact.

• Hot_spur
    Hot_spur
    ✭✭✭
    You were advised by Apple that the beta OS should not be installed on your main computer for just this reason.

Personally, I would rather ZOS fix the Mac sound issue rather than spend any time addressing beta software that is not of their making.
  • Niastissa
    Niastissa
    ✭✭✭
    Hot_spur wrote: »
    You were advised by Apple that the beta OS should not be installed on your main computer for just this reason.

Personally, I would rather ZOS fix the Mac sound issue rather than spend any time addressing beta software that is not of their making.

This

Although to be fair they need to get the sound feature out now and not drag their feet until the next content patch. The sound issue is a serious issue and warrants a hot fix!

Then yes they need to get their butts in gear prepping for the next version of OS X. This includes supporting Metal. I have heard from others here that Metal is a transition and it takes time. It's much quicker when it is actively being worked on and not simply making excuses in order to not do the work.

The only client that works is the PC version. They are obviously stretched too thin having to also support the consoles which honestly this game doesn't belong on. Especially considering the breach in trust using PC subscription money to put out another platform. I'm still upset over that one. It comes very close to embezzling.
    Edited by Niastissa on July 11, 2016 6:15PM
  • KimberlyannKitsuragi
    I downloaded Sierra yesterday after it went live. Loaded ESO and it crshed before the character selection. Tried loading it the back way bypassing the launcher and it still crashed before character selection. Ran the Game Client Assistant and the attached file was the result. Also submitted multiple crash reports to Apple
    Feel free to add me. I'm part of the Gummy Guars PC/Mac NA server. Master crafter and working on getting 9 traits on everything
  • ZOS_DaryaK
    ZOS_DaryaK
    admin
    We're investigating this issue. You can subscribe to this article to be notified of any updates.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post