Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How should I have handled it?

carljokl
carljokl
✭✭✭
Last time I played PvP yesterday, at the end before I stopped playing I was taken down twice by the same player. Each time he messaged me wanting me to take a screenshot so he knew how much damage he did to me.

By the time I got the message I had respawned anyway. I wasn't with a group so there was no prospect of waiting around to be resurrected. I felt a tad annoyed by his requests thinking, you just killed me twice. Do you think that puts me in a mood to want to drop everything to help you? Later I thought, in the end it is just a game and not personal. We are playing on different teams and I would have killed him too if able. Maybe I should have just given him the screenshot. After all I have characters in all alliances. He could have been someone I make friends with and play alongside when playing in that alliance.

I still haven't really decided how I should have handled it. Would it have been a lot of trouble to take a screenshot? Is it unreasonable to expect help from someone you have killed repeatedly? I don't know. PvP etiquette.
My Characters

Xargothius: Breton - JOAT / Magsorc | Orchid the Fair: Orismer - Crafter / Heavy Tank | Voneri Vox: Dunmer - Magplar Healer | Rexorgiana: Imperial - Temptress / Magblade
Phirkius: Altmer - MagSorc | Rexorigus: Imperial - Med Tank / StamKnight | Sven Svedishchef: Nord - Provisioner / Stamplar | Finds-All-Fungi: Argonian - Alchemist/ Stamblade
Emerald-Wild-Guard: Bosmer - Wyrd / StamSorc | Nates Datum Festi: Imperial - Light Tank / StamKnight | Magnolia Desert-Blossom: Redguard - 2 Handed Stamplar | Shadow-Softpaw: Khajiit - StamBlade
Sorcerer | Dragon Knight | Templar | Night Blade

Best Answer

• SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would have told him to join a guild and do DPS testing with his guild mates.
    whack_3.gif
    Answer ✓
  • Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are addons that would have told him the information he wanted to know. Don't worry about it.

Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
    Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, I don't see why you shouldn't help him, considering he asked nicely unlike 90% of the people in Cyrodiil.
    Edited by susmitds on September 19, 2016 6:03PM
  • Skitttles
    Skitttles
    ✭✭✭✭
    I wouldve sent him a screen shot of my Pokedex and said get on my level newb
    Skittles | DC Stem Sok and sumtimes Nertbled
  • FriedEggSandwich
    FriedEggSandwich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Skitttles wrote: »
    I wouldve sent him a screen shot of my Pokedex and said get on my level newb

Rayquaza should totally be a sorc summon :p
    PC | EU
  • carljokl
    carljokl
    ✭✭✭
    Sigtric wrote: »
    There are addons that would have told him the information he wanted to know. Don't worry about it.

This is on the console so there are no addons available there.
    My Characters

Xargothius: Breton - JOAT / Magsorc | Orchid the Fair: Orismer - Crafter / Heavy Tank | Voneri Vox: Dunmer - Magplar Healer | Rexorgiana: Imperial - Temptress / Magblade
    Phirkius: Altmer - MagSorc | Rexorigus: Imperial - Med Tank / StamKnight | Sven Svedishchef: Nord - Provisioner / Stamplar | Finds-All-Fungi: Argonian - Alchemist/ Stamblade
    Emerald-Wild-Guard: Bosmer - Wyrd / StamSorc | Nates Datum Festi: Imperial - Light Tank / StamKnight | Magnolia Desert-Blossom: Redguard - 2 Handed Stamplar | Shadow-Softpaw: Khajiit - StamBlade
  • WhiteMage
    WhiteMage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorcs are the real Pokemon masters. They can summon a zubat, a mankey, and for their ultimate, a super-charged snorlax.
    The generally amicable yet sporadically salty magplar that may or may not have 1vXed you in Sotha Sil. Who knows?
  • Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    carljokl wrote: »
    Sigtric wrote: »

This is on the console so there are no addons available there.

IN that case... troll him and tell him to 'git gud' and go parse dps on PC. :open_mouth:

Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
    Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
  • carljokl
    carljokl
    ✭✭✭
    WhiteMage wrote: »
    Sorcs are the real Pokemon masters. They can summon a zubat, a mankey, and for their ultimate, a super-charged snorlax.

Snorlax....Shock attack!!!

I wonder what Pokemon is like a Clanfear?
    My Characters

• Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I had looked I would have sent him a message sayin how much. No screen shot, just text, then ask him to lrt me kill him to see how much damage I do (and a sneaky free AP)

That Snorlax comment tho! Lmfao, maybe it's time to name a Sorc Ash...
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • carljokl
    carljokl
    ✭✭✭
    Perhaps the sad thing was that I was only on PvP as an experiment to satisfy my curiosity.

I was in an under level 50 campaign and went in at level 49.9 ish. I wanted to see what happened if I turned level 50 while inside an under level 50 campaign. I levelled up and my champion rank was unlocked. I didn't get booted. I had crafted some champion level gear in advance ready. I was able to equip it. I still managed to get killed quite easily so maybe my gear had no effect or was scaled anyway.

I was playing with my primary crafter character so most of his skill points were pumped into crafting. Not a character optimised for combat so I wasn't really surprised I kept getting beaten. I still don't know how well the game balances the vast differences in abilities in the 10 - 49 level range.

It will be interesting when I have a strong combat / PVP alt levelled up to play with.
    My Characters

• Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I had looked I would have sent him a message sayin how much. No screen shot, just text, then ask him to lrt me kill him to see how much damage I do (and a sneaky free AP)

That Snorlax comment tho! Lmfao, maybe it's time to name a Sorc Ash...

I'd have charged him as well lol
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @carljokl you didn't get boosted because you already had CPs allocated (and prob experienced a slight decrease because of the battle leveling went away)

But what's your CP level? If he killed a lvl 49 or a low level CP then your death recap wouldn't be an accurate portrayal of his strength.
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Zaldan
    Zaldan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Perhaps the sad thing was that I was only on PvP as an experiment to satisfy my curiosity.

I was in an under level 50 campaign and went in at level 49.9 ish. I wanted to see what happened if I turned level 50 while inside an under level 50 campaign. I levelled up and my champion rank was unlocked. I didn't get booted. I had crafted some champion level gear in advance ready. I was able to equip it. I still managed to get killed quite easily so maybe my gear had no effect or was scaled anyway.

I was playing with my primary crafter character so most of his skill points were pumped into crafting. Not a character optimised for combat so I wasn't really surprised I kept getting beaten. I still don't know how well the game balances the vast differences in abilities in the 10 - 49 level range.

It will be interesting when I have a strong combat / PVP alt levelled up to play with.

i know before vet rank removal long as u dont try to log on while the campaign is full you can stay till it finishes atleast regardless of level, ZO$ coding ;)
    not sure if u get kicked when new campaign starts or not or if it ever got changed
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain.
    Niidro tiid wah fusvok dirkah.

aka.@Cuthceol
  • CrazyStarGirlNZ
    This happened to me just under a year ago and has only happened once (keep in mind I live and obviously die in pvp)
    I died to a sorc and got the death recap request message. My guild erupted into ''no don't send it blah blah''
    He was (and still is) an op player and had killed many of my guildies over and over again lol
    Anyway being a rebel I sent it and long story short he made a toon on our faction, I made a toon or 3 on his faction and we now reek havoc all over Cyrodiil (in my mind anyway)
    With One Tamriel on the horizon this will happen less often but there will always be one of those random kills where you wonder just exactly what you hit that particular persons build for, it's a game people are learning all the time.
    You may even find yourself wanting to send that request in the future.......

PS4 NA
    DC Mag Templar, Stam Blade, Mag Sorc
    EP Mag Templar, Stam Blade, Mag Sorc, Stam DK, Mag Warden
    AD Stam DK, Mag Sorc
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is Scrolling Combat Text, they know what damage they did, no need to be their secretary or photojournalist for them.

Because, say you take the screenshot, then what do you do with it? You have to post it somewhere, then give them access to where you posted it, then tell them where it is posted, make sure they typed the URL in correctly etc etc etc. (I have not done this on the consoles, it might be easy, might not be easy to do)

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• DannyLV702
    DannyLV702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This happened to me just under a year ago and has only happened once (keep in mind I live and obviously die in pvp)
    I died to a sorc and got the death recap request message. My guild erupted into ''no don't send it blah blah''
    He was (and still is) an op player and had killed many of my guildies over and over again lol
    Anyway being a rebel I sent it and long story short he made a toon on our faction, I made a toon or 3 on his faction and we now reek havoc all over Cyrodiil (in my mind anyway)
    With One Tamriel on the horizon this will happen less often but there will always be one of those random kills where you wonder just exactly what you hit that particular persons build for, it's a game people are learning all the time.
    You may even find yourself wanting to send that request in the future.......

And then we became bestest of friends for eveeeeeeeeeeeeeeer :)
  • AverageJo3Gam3r
    AverageJo3Gam3r
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's combat text that shows the damage dealt. If it's too fast for him to read, he just needs to shout "Xbox record that" after a kill and then go back and look at the replay later.
  • Zouni
    Zouni
    ✭✭✭
    Its analogous to having someone stab you and then him asking politley how much blood you lost. Nothing about that scenario feels right.
    Nyxtes - NB
    Nyxta - Sorc
    Mastrofonoss - DK
    Gr Blue - Temp
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Last time I played PvP yesterday, at the end before I stopped playing I was taken down twice by the same player. Each time he messaged me wanting me to take a screenshot so he knew how much damage he did to me.

By the time I got the message I had respawned anyway. I wasn't with a group so there was no prospect of waiting around to be resurrected. I felt a tad annoyed by his requests thinking, you just killed me twice. Do you think that puts me in a mood to want to drop everything to help you? Later I thought, in the end it is just a game and not personal. We are playing on different teams and I would have killed him too if able. Maybe I should have just given him the screenshot. After all I have characters in all alliances. He could have been someone I make friends with and play alongside when playing in that alliance.

I still haven't really decided how I should have handled it. Would it have been a lot of trouble to take a screenshot? Is it unreasonable to expect help from someone you have killed repeatedly? I don't know. PvP etiquette.

he should use some addons for that!
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    altemriel wrote: »

he should use some addons for that!

Console prob
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • SolarCat02
    SolarCat02
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zouni wrote: »
    Its analogous to having someone stab you and then him asking politley how much blood you lost. Nothing about that scenario feels right.

"What did this do to you? Tell me. And remember, this is for posterity so be honest. How do you feel?"
    :D

In all seriousness, it's up to you how you want to handle it. Send it, ignore it, it doesn't matter really, as long as you don't respond in any way that goes against the Terms of Service.

I would probably ignore it unless I knew and liked the player, or unless the player earned my respect with a fun sort of duel or something. But that's me. I won't think less/more of anyone who answers.
    Why be normal when you can be better?

Elissandra Ravenwing, Magicka Dragonknight Healer
    Lady Kalila, Stamina Templar DPS
    Stands-in-Danger, Nightblade Saptank
    Zalarah, Stamina Dragonknight DPS
  • JAMESLJNR
    JAMESLJNR
    ✭✭
    lol why are you thinking so much about this? It's not that deep haha
  • Thrasher91604
    Thrasher91604
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Remember , it's just a (*&^%ing game. It's not like he really killed you.
  • Swainburg
    Swainburg
    ✭✭
    WhiteMage wrote: »

Snorlax....Shock attack!!!

I wonder what Pokemon is like a Clanfear?

Gabite or something. Definitely dragon type.
    Live for the pact... die for the pact.

Stam DK Tank (PvE)
    Stam DK DPS (PvP & PvE)
    Stam Sorc DPS (PvP & PvE)
    Magika Sorc DPS (PvP)

PS4 NA EP