Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What Happened to Darien? Spoilers inside.

• TheDarkRuler
    TheDarkRuler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pretty amazing.
    Never thought ZOS would go that deep into details with Darien.
    I love such small gimmicks. :)
  • Ghanima_Atreides
    Ghanima_Atreides
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Dallasali
    If Darien vanished in your game then you must have done, since that happens at the end of it. I'm talking about the Coldharbour zone quest arc, not the entire main quest.
    Edited by Ghanima_Atreides on August 22, 2016 10:32AM
    [The Beauty of Tamriel] My collection of ESO screenshots

Show me a completely smooth operation and I'll show you someone who's covering mistakes. Real boats rock.
  • ListerJMC
    ListerJMC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    He's chilling with Verandis. Btw, I'm still incredibly disappointed we didn't meet up/recruit Verandis in cold harbour

Same, I'm more intrigued by what happened to Verandis than by what happened to Darien to be honest. I mean what were the conditions of the deal? What happened to the relic, was it destroyed? Is Verandis even alive, and if so where was he in Coldharbour? And he was turned by Molag Bal, what's the story behind that? I just have so many questions about that ending!

I will say though that since finding that note in Orsinium the mystery surrounding Darien's whereabouts has definitely sparked my interest. I'm wondering what role he's going to play in future events, and if we're going to end up on some crazy rescue mission to find him or if he's just going to spectacularly reappear at some point.
    PC NA & EU || Mammoth Guilds - Victory or Valhalla || Altmer sorcerer main
    "Wood Elves aren't made of wood. Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves."
  • Saoirse_Siobhan
    Saoirse_Siobhan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hoping for a rescue mission for both Verandis and Darien!
    PC/EU DC
  • JD2013
    JD2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Go into the Mages Guild in Anvil. A certain someone is still determinedly looking for him . . . And that, chronologically, is way after the end of the main story.
    Sweetrolls for all!

Christophe Mottierre - Breton Templar with his own whole darn estate! Templar Houses are so 2015. EU DC

PC Beta Tester January 2014

Elder of The Black
    Order of Sithis
    The Runners

@TamrielTraverse - For Tamriel related Twitter shenanigans!
    https://tamrieltraveller.wordpress.com/

Crafting bag OP! ZOS nerf pls!
  • ListerJMC
    ListerJMC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JD2013 wrote: »
    Go into the Mages Guild in Anvil. A certain someone is still determinedly looking for him . . . And that, chronologically, is way after the end of the main story.

Wow, thank you so much for that info! I didn't realise that NPC was in Anvil.
    So she's been researching retrieving people from Coldharbour, huh? Definitely still hope for Verandis :p.

I wonder if Alinon is still searching for Darien too? I haven't seen him since Wrothgar, he mentioned Abah's Landing so I thought he might be there but I couldn't find him. He also mentioned Murkmire though so maybe he'll be continuing the search there?
    "Wood Elves aren't made of wood. Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves."
  • JD2013
    JD2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ListerJMC wrote: »

Wow, thank you so much for that info! I didn't realise that NPC was in Anvil.
    So she's been researching retrieving people from Coldharbour, huh? Definitely still hope for Verandis :p.

I wonder if Alinon is still searching for Darien too? I haven't seen him since Wrothgar, he mentioned Abah's Landing so I thought he might be there but I couldn't find him. He also mentioned Murkmire though so maybe he'll be continuing the search there?

It took me by surprise too, when I found her in Anvil. Good surprise. I like that ZOS have little bits of continuation in each DLC, for example,
    Varen Aquilarious
    at the end of Orsinium, the letter in Orsinium, that particular NPC in Anvil ... I also love that we see returning characters around the Gold Coast too. Particularly
    Naryu Virian

I expect we will see Darien again someday :smile:
    Sweetrolls for all!

Christophe Mottierre - Breton Templar with his own whole darn estate! Templar Houses are so 2015. EU DC

Elder of The Black
    Order of Sithis
    The Runners

• ListerJMC
    ListerJMC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @JD2013 I absolutely love it when they bring back old NPCs for new content! I like seeing what they've all been up to (and usually bailing them out of trouble as per usual...). They've added some really cool new characters, but I'm always happy to see a familiar face :).
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I guess we will meet him in some next quests :)
  • JD2013
    JD2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @JD2013 I absolutely love it when they bring back old NPCs for new content! I like seeing what they've all been up to (and usually bailing them out of trouble as per usual...). They've added some really cool new characters, but I'm always happy to see a familiar face :).

Ha, yeah, same!

I hope this trend continues. Who's been your favourite new character in DLC's btw? :smile:

Have you done the quest "The Sweetroll Killer" in The Gold Coast yet? It gives yet more hints and teasers as to future quests and indeed places ...
    Sweetrolls for all!

Elder of The Black
    Order of Sithis
    The Runners

• Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you done the quest "The Sweetroll Killer" in The Gold Coast yet? It gives yet more hints and teasers as to future quests and indeed places ...
    I wish that quest wasn't tied to Dark Brotherhood progression...
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • JD2013
    JD2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    I wish that quest wasn't tied to Dark Brotherhood progression...

As do I! It's such a phenomenal quest, that it should have been a stand alone without necessity of DB progression.
    Sweetrolls for all!

Elder of The Black
    Order of Sithis
    The Runners

• ListerJMC
    ListerJMC
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Ha, yeah, same!

I hope this trend continues. Who's been your favourite new character in DLC's btw? :smile:

Ohhh there are several NPCs from the DLCs that I've liked, but if I just had to pick just one... I'd probably have to go with Velsa from the Thieves Guild DLC. Her running commentary on things cracked me up (especially during "Forever Hold Your Peace"), and I thought her backstory and side-quests were interesting. What about you?

I have done "The Sweetroll Killer", but
    I did it on my Dominion character that hasn't met Naryu yet so I'm guessing I missed some dialogue from her. I'm working on going through it again to see what I missed from her dialogue-wise and to pick her side at the end.
    The hints to the future were very interesting, can't wait! Hopefully some questions will be answered, including the Darien mystery :).
  • JD2013
    JD2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Ha, yeah, same!

Ohhh there are several NPCs from the DLCs that I've liked, but if I just had to pick just one... I'd probably have to go with Velsa from the Thieves Guild DLC. Her running commentary on things cracked me up (especially during "Forever Hold Your Peace"), and I thought her backstory and side-quests were interesting. What about you?

I did it on my Dominion character that hasn't met Naryu yet so I'm guessing I missed some dialogue from her. I'm working on going through it again to see what I missed from her dialogue-wise and to pick her side at the end.
    The hints to the future were very interesting, can't wait! Hopefully some questions will be answered, including the Darien mystery :).

Oh I loved Velsa. She was hilarious and interesting as a character.

I also loved Deechee-Noo in Orsinium, King Kurog and his mother and Elam Drals of the Dark Brotherhood.

And don't give up hope on Darien! Gabrielle certainly hasn't! :smiley:
    Edited by JD2013 on September 8, 2016 1:17PM
    Sweetrolls for all!

Elder of The Black
    Order of Sithis
    The Runners

• ListerJMC
    ListerJMC
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Ha, yeah, same!

Oh I loved Velsa. She was hilarious and interesting as a character.

I also loved Deechee-Noo in Orsinium, King Kurog and his mother and Elam Drals of the Dark Brotherhood.

And don't give up hope on Darien! Gabrielle certainly hasn't! :smiley:

Yeah those characters were cool too, I'd like to throw in an honorable mention to Heem-Jas from Shadows of the Hist as well! And if I'm being completely honest, I'm actually not a huge fan of Darien as a character - I'd just really like to know what happened to him with all these teasers ZOS is throwing at us! :D
  • carljokl
    carljokl
    ✭✭✭
    Seeing so few people survive the final plane-meld battle made me feel more sad than anything after completing that part of the story line. I am quite used to the story being quite callous about people being killed off especially when they really didn't deserve to be.

I am glad there is hope that Darien is alive. The whole way the story was done had a strong implication that he had died while leaving enough uncertainty to allow the possibility that he didn't

It makes me think a bit of Star Trek II killing off Spock and Star Trek X killing off data. In both cases there was a plot device that allowed the option to bring them back.

This might imply the creators haven't decided or just want to keep their options open.

The note in Orsinium though does make it look like there is a desire to bring him back with the implication that he could be in Meridia's relm.

I can think of worse ending scenario's. I don't know if anyone played Unreal II. In the end it seems like everyone (except the player) dies. No point in getting attached to anyone.
    My Characters

Xargothius: Breton - JOAT / Magsorc | Orchid the Fair: Orismer - Crafter / Heavy Tank | Voneri Vox: Dunmer - Magplar Healer | Rexorgiana: Imperial - Temptress / Magblade
    Phirkius: Altmer - MagSorc | Rexorigus: Imperial - Med Tank / StamKnight | Sven Svedishchef: Nord - Provisioner / Stamplar | Finds-All-Fungi: Argonian - Alchemist/ Stamblade
    Emerald-Wild-Guard: Bosmer - Wyrd / StamSorc | Nates Datum Festi: Imperial - Light Tank / StamKnight | Magnolia Desert-Blossom: Redguard - 2 Handed Stamplar | Shadow-Softpaw: Khajiit - StamBlade
    Sorcerer | Dragon Knight | Templar | Night Blade