The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

WEAPON SKILL LINE ULTIMATES -- WTF WHY NOT?

• NotSo
    NotSo
    ✭✭✭✭
    @demonlkojipub19_ESO yeah but if they hadn't thought about it, that means they haven't put any work into it, vs if they had then we can expect weapon ultimates to come sooner than you'd expect.
    Gar'Sol the Wanderer VR14 Khajiit Sorcerer Spellblade
  • Khivas_Carrick
    Khivas_Carrick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am pleased with his answer, and look at the man, he's a wee bit awkward but that's his shtick, he's a game designer. Let him be, those are the best kinds.
    Bobbity Boop, this game might become poop, but I'll still play because I'm just a pile of goop!
  • demonlkojipub19_ESO
    demonlkojipub19_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @demonlkojipub19_ESO yeah but if they hadn't thought about it, that means they haven't put any work into it, vs if they had then we can expect weapon ultimates to come sooner than you'd expect.

Im not one to assume theyve thought of anything, nor will i believe they can read our minds. Otherwise we can all shutup and abandon the thought of feedback and suggestions.

Unless we voice what we feel are serious drawbacks and lackings chances are they will get overlooked. Stamina abilities would probably never have gotten
    A second look unless we brought it up and everyone would either be suffering for years or running around in a dress completely content or suffering from having to run around in a dress to be optimal. Then there would probably never have been craftable jerkins until some player prought it up. Werewolves would continue to be just lol unless players voicef that they were just lol. For all these, and many other feedback and suggestions, theres a close to 100% chance the dev team didnt have them on their minds until we brought them up. Im sure the dev team would rather just focus on new content than deal with any of thier past overlooks, so if we are "happy" with it all and say nothing, they wont touch it. "Don't fix what aint broken".

You can go ahead and take the "they thought of everything" approach and just never make a single suggestion if you want, but know this: it is almost month 7, and players were talking about weapon ultimates before anyone in the dev team said anyfhing about them in the forums or any of their little programs.
    Edited by demonlkojipub19_ESO on November 3, 2014 7:43PM
  • Aceit
    Aceit
    ✭✭✭
    The suggestions for the ultimate in the post are not very good. The role of the weapons needs to be considered when talking around new skills.

However I 100% agree that the weapon skill lines need ultimate abilities. A good example why would be:

A player wants to make a nightblade healer. The player has no 'big heal' ultimate like the templar has. If the restoration staff had a 'big heal' ultimate it would begin to make more builds viable.
  • raffaeleg
    raffaeleg
    ✭✭✭
    I am reading this thread after over 1 year and half, because I found this website:
    http://www.eso-skillfactory.com/en/build-planer/
    is a kind of simulator with all the options of a character in ESO, and I see ultimate for weapons, which I don't have in my client. Anyone can explain me? Thanks!
  • Lefthy
    Lefthy
    ✭✭
    The game is going to add weapons ultimates with the One Tamriel patch.

probably in 2 months?

You can try them on the PTS server.
  • raffaeleg
    raffaeleg
    ✭✭✭
    Nice to know! Thanks for your quick reply!
    Lefthy wrote: »
    The game is going to add weapons ultimates with the One Tamriel patch.

probably in 2 months?

You can try them on the PTS server.