The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Official Discussion Thread for "Gamescom 2016 Recap: Update 12 & One Tamriel"

• crystal_coppolab14_ESO
    My only problem with the past changes and what I see continuing to happen is that everything is getting scaled so far down that there is no challenge in it. I've been playing since beta and I'm not saying I want it to go back to being as hard as it was to start, but the old dolmen's and world bosses have become a joke and now the old dungeons are a joke. Maybe I'm alone in wanting a game to be challenging and having to run things multiple times to get the stuff you want. This continuous scaling and guarenteed armor pieces and running pledges 3 times a day, etc is just too much for me. But that's just my opinion.
  • Thiskers
    Thiskers
    ✭✭
    Why wasn't player housing mentioned in this update recap?
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thiskers wrote: »

Housing is update 13...
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Thiskers
    Thiskers
    ✭✭

Housing is update 13...

By what the following statement says this was details from gamescon about the LAST update for 2016.

Why would they say last if there is another update after update 12?

"For the past few years, we've been working hard to improve and expand ESO by offering quarterly DLC game packs and game updates to our global community of more than seven million players. Now, we're excited to share some details from gamescom about our last game update of 2016, featuring One Tamriel."
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Housing is update 13...
    By what the following statement says this was details from gamescon about the LAST update for 2016.

Why would they say last if there is another update after update 12?

"For the past few years, we've been working hard to improve and expand ESO by offering quarterly DLC game packs and game updates to our global community of more than seven million players. Now, we're excited to share some details from gamescom about our last game update of 2016, featuring One Tamriel."
    This recap was only for Update 12. Housing is in Update 13, and Update 13 is the first update of 2017.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Thiskers
    Thiskers
    ✭✭
    Ok I see now it is slated for 1q17. I thought it was going to be implemented 4q16.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok I see now it is slated for 1q17. I thought it was going to be implemented 4q16.

Ahh. Nope. One Tamriel is the only 4Q2016 update.
  • foossile
    foossile
    ✭✭✭✭
    i really hope the housing will be complete and interesting for the general gameplay.
    I mean, no private zone, but a housing implemented in all Tamriel, with house, appartment, etc... found in every area.
    And why not; chest for our equipment of course but with possibility (controled) of thieving, lock picking the main entrance, guard who can be hired, watch dog ?
    There is so many good thing to do with the housing, no just for eyes ...

On the toilet
    (>_<)
    (o_o)
    (O_0)
    (^_^)
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i really hope the housing will be complete and interesting for the general gameplay.
    I mean, no private zone, but a housing implemented in all Tamriel, with house, appartment, etc... found in every area.
    And why not; chest for our equipment of course but with possibility (controled) of thieving, lock picking the main entrance, guard who can be hired, watch dog ?
    There is so many good thing to do with the housing, no just for eyes ...

Well... they can do *anything*, but not *everything*.
    I'm confident housing will be great (just wary about potential "corwn-store-orientation"...).... but if you want a "perfect housin game"; go play Sims. This is Elder Scrolls. While housing will be a fantastic addition, the game shouldn't revolve around housing.

• foossile
    foossile
    ✭✭✭✭

I'm confident housing will be great (just wary about potential "corwn-store-orientation"...).... but if you want a "perfect housin game"; go play Sims. This is Elder Scrolls. While housing will be a fantastic addition, the game shouldn't revolve around housing.

Of course not.
    I agree with you, i just say that if the housing is like every mmo (except a few like Ultima Online), just a home that you can decorate, i think it's useless.
    On the toilet
    (>_<)
    (o_o)
    (O_0)
    (^_^)
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Of course not.
    I agree with you, i just say that if the housing is like every mmo (except a few like Ultima Online), just a home that you can decorate, i think it's useless.

I want to add that I am curious about how they intend to make them useful. Somewhat fearful, as well.

My main concern is whether the main driving force behind Housing is game play or monetization. I expect there to be a mix, but I would really like them to create a housing system that will help sell the game, not just Crown Store stuff. Ultimately, housing should be usable, and useful, for everyone in the game, Crowns/ESO Plus or not. I would rather not have housing tied to real-world have's and have-not's. If they can make housing compelling and available to everyone through in-game actions, that will help sell the game, and ultimately, sell the Crown stuff.

Of course, they have to have the will, time, resources, and money to go that route. It is easier to just throw something together and build up the Crown Store. Enough people will ooh and ahh that they will sell Crowns because of it. They may feel that One Tamriel is enough free stuff for a while. I suppose it depends on how the monetization of the game is doing.

• Kehnara
    Kehnara
    I understand buying certain items with crowns. But I my question is if I join ESO Plus I get an allotment of crowns each month, but how come PS4 and PC/Mac can buy ESO Plus at a 6 month discount, but not XboxOne?

Microsoft says you guys set the price. So....

@ZOS_GinaBruno
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Wild Hunt" is the theme for the rotation on Crown Crates.

It is nature-like, green energies with wood making up the mounts.

The current "Atronach" theme is lighting energy with stone making up the mounts.

Just so you all know :)

Very cool, yet unfortunate because I would have forked over 3K Crowns to get one of them for sure. Oh well. Forking over 10K-30K is significantly over my budget for a single mount :disappointed:
    Edited by Vaoh on October 3, 2016 1:34AM
  • Aliniel
    Aliniel
    ✭✭✭✭
    I like the idea. I have never used my Crowns for anything - got 13k. I just can't decide what to spend them on. One thing is sure - I don't want to spend them on something I can get in-game. So, no consumables. As long as there are consumables inside the loot crates and I cannot turn them into jewels, I refuse to use the system. Simple as that. My character is fully equipped with all professions. I refuse to pay for consumables I can craft myself. It's simply stupid. Provide me a workaround and you got yourself a happier ESO+ subscriber who will use the crates on the monthly basis (I am sure almost all veteran players think the same).