Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Player Concept idea: Making Jewelry and replacing Traits on built armor and weapons.

ThatAlaskanDude
ThatAlaskanDude
✭✭✭
(Before I share my concept I want to apologize in advance if this has been discussed in an older thread. I don't usually hang out in forums.)

So I'm pretty sure most of use wish to craft jewelry in ESO. I also think it would be awesome to switch out traits on our armor since some of us carry two of the same sets. One for PvE and one for PvP. Crafting jewelry would be an awesome way to customize builds even more and I'd like to share an idea I had for some time.

My idea is to add a Master Crafter skill line. It's a skill line unlocked when your Blacksmithing, Clothier and Woodworking is level 50, Learned up to 7 traits for all weapons, armor and shields and putting a minimum of 20 skill points in each crafting skill line.

After meeting the requirements above you unlock the Master Crafter skill line. This will have a few passives that would allow creating jewelry and switch out traits on armor and weapons.

Jeweler: Allow the creation of Amulets and Rings. The benefits they provide depends oh the material you use:
Ingots - Create accessories with Healthy.
Leather & Hide - Create accessories with Robust
Cloth - Create accessories with Arcane.

Trait Expert: Replace traits in armor and weapons.

Basically this would be the skill line to create end game armor sets and it's something I hope ZOS could consider looking at.
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would be ok with jewelry crafting on 1 condition: The new crafted jewelery set must be new sets and not already existing ones. Otherwise it would be extremely unbalanced.
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    (Before I share my concept I want to apologize in advance if this has been discussed in an older thread. I don't usually hang out in forums.)

So I'm pretty sure most of use wish to craft jewelry in ESO. I also think it would be awesome to switch out traits on our armor since some of us carry two of the same sets. One for PvE and one for PvP. Crafting jewelry would be an awesome way to customize builds even more and I'd like to share an idea I had for some time.

My idea is to add a Master Crafter skill line. It's a skill line unlocked when your Blacksmithing, Clothier and Woodworking is level 50, Learned up to 7 traits for all weapons, armor and shields and putting a minimum of 20 skill points in each crafting skill line.

After meeting the requirements above you unlock the Master Crafter skill line. This will have a few passives that would allow creating jewelry and switch out traits on armor and weapons.

Jeweler: Allow the creation of Amulets and Rings. The benefits they provide depends oh the material you use:
    Ingots - Create accessories with Healthy.
    Leather & Hide - Create accessories with Robust
    Cloth - Create accessories with Arcane.

Trait Expert: Replace traits in armor and weapons.

Basically this would be the skill line to create end game armor sets and it's something I hope ZOS could consider looking at.

yes please!!! :)

ZOS please include this in some future updates!!!

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_RichLambert

• altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Qbiken wrote: »
    I would be ok with jewelry crafting on 1 condition: The new crafted jewelery set must be new sets and not already existing ones. Otherwise it would be extremely unbalanced.

why should it be unbalanced? If every crafted set would get also jewelry to it, then it would be ok in my opinion
  • Daemons_Bane
    Daemons_Bane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    altemriel wrote: »

why should it be unbalanced? If every crafted set would get also jewelry to it, then it would be ok in my opinion

Because it would allow you to carry 2 full sets instead of 1.. This would change A LOT
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Because it would allow you to carry 2 full sets instead of 1.. This would change A LOT
    This^. And if OP doesn´t realise how this will become an issue then pls reconsider the idea.
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah and new sets are mostly for stamina builds, crafting is crafting. Since we will have BoP on droped sets jewlery crafting is critical. Well jewlery crafting and traits replacement have been requested for a long time, this is new and fresh idea, I like it.
    Edited by Mayrael on September 7, 2016 8:39AM
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • ThatAlaskanDude
    ThatAlaskanDude
    ✭✭✭

This^. And if OP doesn´t realise how this will become an issue then pls reconsider the idea.

I can see where your coming from. Having something like a 5 piece Hunding's Rage and 5 piece Night Mothers would be ridiculous.
  • josefcifkaeb17_ESO
    josefcifkaeb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    A very nice idea, I would however make it a bit easier and combine it together.

Create a "Tinker" profession.
    Allow him to create jewelery, and tinker with stuff to change traits etc.

Tinker could be the profession for all those neat things we'd like to see "crafted" in the game, but are not enough to support a fully fledged profession. I mean a jeweler would be kinda lame, only able to craft two things.
    (つ -‘ _ ‘- )つ ▇ ▅ █ ▅ ▇ ▂ ▃ ▁ ▁ ▅ ▃ ▅ ▅ ▄ ▅ ▇ ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

• Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I can see where your coming from. Having something like a 5 piece Hunding's Rage and 5 piece Night Mothers would be ridiculous.

Something like that, and I believe there are even more overpowered combinations that could be crafted :P
  • ThatAlaskanDude
    ThatAlaskanDude
    ✭✭✭
    Mayrael wrote: »
    Well jewlery crafting and traits replacement have been requested for a long time, this is new and fresh idea, I like it.

Thanks for the feedback :smiley:
    Edited by ThatAlaskanDude on September 7, 2016 8:47AM
  • Daemons_Bane
    Daemons_Bane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    IF we should be able to create jewels, then let it come with a random enchant instead.. No set items, as that would end badly.. Make it simple.. For example, say you want a CP160 necklace.. You get the required mats, hit craft, and it comes out with a random enchantment.. You can get Arcane for your mage, if you are lucky/persistent enough.. Now you can make bling for your low level alts, or basic gear if you have not found that one special one that you want for your build
    Edited by Daemons_Bane on September 7, 2016 8:48AM
  • I_killed_Vivec
    I_killed_Vivec
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

But there's no reason why sets that don't have jewellery would do in future. There's no need to allow a Hunding's Rage necklace to become part of the game.

At the very least it would be nice if you could convert a Willpower ring from Robust to Arcane, or upgrade a Briarheart CP150 necklace to CP160.
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Something like that, and I believe there are even more overpowered combinations that could be crafted :P

I understand. ok then, so then not for the already existing sets, but only for the new ones!
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

But there's no reason why sets that don't have jewellery would do in future. There's no need to allow a Hunding's Rage necklace to become part of the game.

At the very least it would be nice if you could convert a Willpower ring from Robust to Arcane, or upgrade a Briarheart CP150 necklace to CP160.

And trait change would also help the issue that most people have with the RNG drops from vMOL or the Undaunted Chests !
  • Daemons_Bane
    Daemons_Bane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Again that would, IMO, be a step they have to be very careful about.. The people that farm instances to make money in the guild stores would cry their eyes out if crafters could make useless jewelry into pieces that could fect 100K easily
  • ThatAlaskanDude
    ThatAlaskanDude
    ✭✭✭

Again that would, IMO, be a step they have to be very careful about.. The people that farm instances to make money in the guild stores would cry their eyes out if crafters could make useless jewelry into pieces that could fect 100K easily

Lol I can imagine it. A Ring of Agility with Arcane or Healthy that can be converted into Robust. That would definitely make prices drop.
  • I_killed_Vivec
    I_killed_Vivec
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Not crafting, improving.

With so much gear BoP it would be nice (though probably contrary to ZoS/s intentions) if you could convert something you want that has a rubbish trait into something you really want. It would still be BoP so no impact on the economy.

I have a bunch of BoP Briarheart gear that is CP150 or Arcane instead of Robust. I can't use it, I can't sell it, I can't improve it. It's vendor trash.

Meanwhile they sell off monster helms in Cyrodiil...
  • Daemons_Bane
    Daemons_Bane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Not crafting, improving.

With so much gear BoP it would be nice (though probably contrary to ZoS/s intentions) if you could convert something you want that has a rubbish trait into something you really want. It would still be BoP so no impact on the economy.

I have a bunch of BoP Briarheart gear that is CP150 or Arcane instead of Robust. I can't use it, I can't sell it, I can't improve it. It's vendor trash.

Meanwhile they sell off monster helms in Cyrodiil...

This:
    At the very least it would be nice if you could convert a Willpower ring from Robust to Arcane
    from your earlier post was what I referred to.. If you could make a more or less useless Robust Willpower ring, into an Arcane Willpower ring, with crafting alone, the cries and screams of rage would be hear worldwide
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That would ruin the echonomy, I think traitconverting would be ok for sets that you´ve crafted yourself but not for the ones you found/are droped. Then it would be no reason to replay stuff. Lets say I play vWGT and get a Kena helmet but with the wrong trait, just convert it and I no longer need to do that dungeon again (unless I want some achievement). And when it comes to IC-jewelery, in 1-Tamriel update 60 - combination will open any vault.

And stop making suggestion that´s there for making the game easier for casuall players (not meant directly to the quote but more generally speaking). Elitists doesn´t ruin games, pugs/new players does.
  • ThatAlaskanDude
    ThatAlaskanDude
    ✭✭✭

Tinker could be the profession for all those neat things we'd like to see "crafted" in the game, but are not enough to support a fully fledged profession. I mean a jeweler would be kinda lame, only able to craft two things.

Yup. That's a better concept for the two passives than what I had in mind.
  • Daemons_Bane
    Daemons_Bane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Would this be the same as an Artificer?
    Edited by Daemons_Bane on September 7, 2016 9:34AM
  • ThatAlaskanDude
    ThatAlaskanDude
    ✭✭✭

Would this be the same as an Artificer?

Yeah I guess it would. I just like the concept of it.

Now that I think of it we really can't have just one passive in one skill line.
  • Daemons_Bane
    Daemons_Bane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Then I move to suggest that we call it the Artificer skill line :smile: I've loved that ever since MTG made artifacts