The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

3-part sets from dungeons will be removed?

Lumbermill_Emperor
Lumbermill_Emperor
✭✭✭✭
cant found anything about em in patchnotes

11250433.png

@ZOS_GinaBruno
  • BohnT
    BohnT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't think it's bad if they are removed. These sets are ridiculously under-powered there is no reason to use them over the almost any other 3pc sets which give you 2 buffs or you complete an other 5pc.
  • Arciris
    Arciris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Like everything else in the game, those sets have their place in niche builds. Some of them are actually quite good (not top maybe but still). They use to have a "double" enchant in the weapons, but they were cut by half recently which lowers their utility by quite a bit.
    I especially like the Relics of the Physician Ansur: + max magika, +5% healing done, the resto staff always came in precise and dealt shock damage as well as magic damage with magika return. Wouldn't use this over Willpower if I had only room for a 3 sets pieces in my build but I can think of some situations where it could be useful.
    I would be sad if those sets don't come back tho.
  • soll
    soll
    ✭✭✭
    Most of people not even going to notice their's removal. too underpowered I would say
    EU PC
    I like to heal
    Triggered Tryhards/ HighRisk
    EP – Sollencia
    AD – Sollencia Overdose
    When you've invested time and money into a company, you have the right to be upset over changes that will negatively affect your experience and gameplay.

• Almariel
    Almariel
    ✭✭✭
    The main problem with this sets was, that they always dropped 2 Vet-Ranks / 20 CP-Levels below maximum possible Equipment. For example, now on live, the sets drop only of CP140 Level in CP160 scaled dungeons.

I would also love to see those sets drop in CP160 with all slots available.
    @Sevryiel - daheim auf dem PC-EU Server
  • Silver_Strider
    Silver_Strider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I remember this 1 set, Relics of the Physician Ansur, which was actually pretty decent for a 3 piece, all things considered.

2 - Max Magic
    3 - Increase healing done by 5%

I wouldn't mind if they gave these sets a facelift and made them interesting and useful again but I don't see that happening any time soon.
    Edited by Silver_Strider on September 6, 2016 11:30AM
    Argonian forever
  • LinearParadox
    LinearParadox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Opportunity for versatility? Nahhhhh. Please continue to hail your BiS cookie-cutter overlords, Arcane Willpower and Robust Agility. -_-
    twitch.tv/linearparadox
    Benthar the Unkillable - lvl 50 StamDK - AD
    High Confessor Celosia - lvl 50 MagDK, AD
    Aeolyndra Sunstrider - lvl 50 Magplar Support God, AD
    Maldreth Angala - lvl 50 Magicka PetSorc, AD
    Veldrosa Wyldwind - lvl 50 StamSorc, AD
    M. Night Shatupon - lvl 50 MagBlade, AD
    Vestonia Ironhardt - lvl 50 Warden GuardTank, AD
    Bone Daddy - lvl 50 Stamcro, AD
    Abra Kedaver - lvl 50 Magcro, AD
    CP 1100+
  • Osteos
    Osteos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I remember this 1 set, Relics of the Physician Ansur, which was actually pretty decent for a 3 piece, all things considered.

2 - Max Magic

I wouldn't mind if they gave these sets a facelift and made them interesting and useful again but I don't see that happening any time soon.

I really like this set and used it for quite awhile. I would love an updated 160 version.
    DAGGERFALL COVENANT
    NA PC
    Former Vehemence Member
    Onistka Valerius <> Artemis Renault <> Gonk gra-Ugrash <> Karietta <> Zercon at-Rusa <> Genevieve Renault <> Ktaka <> Brenlyn Renault
  • Essiaga
    Essiaga
    ✭✭✭✭
    I guess since all sets are going to come in all pcs they figured we'll all be running (2) 5 pcs sets and a 2 pcs.

It would be nice to have options like these to run a 5, 4, 3 in some cases. I was kind of hoping Overland sets would be 3 pcs and dungeons/trial gear would be left alone, but with BOP that would suck. what ever.
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Essiaga wrote: »
    I guess since all sets are going to come in all pcs they figured we'll all be running (2) 5 pcs sets and a 2 pcs.

It would be nice to have options like these to run a 5, 4, 3 in some cases. .

I like this idea
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • shrb
    shrb
    ✭✭
    Essiaga wrote: »

It would be nice to have options like these to run a 5, 4, 3 in some cases. I was kind of hoping Overland sets would be 3 pcs and dungeons/trial gear would be left alone, but with BOP that would suck. what ever.

By this logic all healer sets should be a 4p since we lose 1 slot while using Resto.

3p works nicely with staves (5p, 3p, 2p, 1p),
    Except if the goal is to keep running double swords for heals...
  • sigsergv
    sigsergv
    ✭✭✭✭

According to datamined data it's still there but upgraded to CP160, with the same 3-pcs-only bonus.
  • Lumbermill_Emperor
    Lumbermill_Emperor
    ✭✭✭✭
    sigsergv wrote: »

According to datamined data it's still there but upgraded to CP160, with the same 3-pcs-only bonus.

@sigsergv its not datamine
    its item links was in game since cp160 was introduced
    you can link any cp160 item you want even if in game they are not cp160
  • Silver_Strider
    Silver_Strider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Until ZOS either makes sets with magic builds in mind (I.E. 3 or 4 Piece bonus sets that aren't gimped for using staves) or they add a 5th item to wield along side staves (Ward Stone, Focus Charm, etc.) a lot of magic builds will be gimped. You could say the same for 2h and Bow but they at least have a decent alternative options to use 1h+Shield or Dual wield without giving up as much as a magic build because they at least keep their sustain, whereas magic builds pretty much give that up for more damage and flexibility with sets.

These 3 set items could really help both cases out, they just need to be buffed to become comparable in strength to Willpower/Agility.
    Argonian forever
  • Ghost-Shot
    Ghost-Shot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

2 - Max Magic

Lol the Ring of Thorn, the only drop more rare than a Warlock ring back in the day.