Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Pledge/Dungeon question.

MintyBadger
MintyBadger
✭✭✭
So, I haven't been back very long after a long break, but me and duo partner are about champ 240 level. My question is...is it possible to duo dungeons? Dungeon finder can be a pain and we often like a duo challenge, so would be able to duo normal/vet dungeons for pledges or is it just too difficult with the scaling?

Best Answer

• UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It depends. Some people actually solo the non-vet dungeons, but I believe that the only people who do that are at the CP cap with very good gear and a really self-sufficient build. For non-vet dungeons it's not uncommon for people to be able to 3-man them, but they're still intended for a group of 4.

I say give it a shot and start off trying to duo one of the first tier of non-vet dungeons (Banished Cells, Fungal Grotto, or Spindleclutch) to see how it goes. If that goes well, work your way up to harder non-vet dungeons, and if it continues to go well try one of the easier vet dungeons.

What have you got to lose? Nothing but soul gems and gold for repairs.

What have you got to gain? A potential really fun challenge!
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
    Answer ✓
  • MintyBadger
    MintyBadger
    ✭✭✭
    Oh...should probably add, I'm a templar (tanky/dps) he's a NB dps. We have 160 gold gear and are both WW.
  • AntMan100673
    AntMan100673
    ✭✭✭
    Depends how good you are really, I was once in a group of 3 (all dps) and we were going to do the vet pledge, one of the other 2 asked if we should queue for a healer to which the other replied not to bother as this vet dungeon was easy and he'd soloed it before. After chasing him around that dungeon I can guarantee it wasn't just talk. As was said above give it a go and see how you get on
    EU - EP - Dunmer - Dragonknight - Magicka DPS - CP160

GT: AntMan100673
  • Dubhliam
    Dubhliam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you are a magicka templar tank, I think you could easily duo normal versions.
    You just need to slot Puncture and Breath of Life.
    If he is a stamina NB, he can also help if he unlocked Vigor from the Alliance War skill line.

I have a magicka templar imperial that can tank and heal any veteran dungeon, including the DLC ones.
    The set combination is Armor Master, Desert Rose and Engine Guardian.
    Although, you could go for any variety of sets, as long as one is buffing your defense, and one is replenishing your resources.
    >>>Detailed Justice System Concept thread<<<
  • MintyBadger
    MintyBadger
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks all. We gave BC a try and did it easily, we made an attempt at one of the new ones (CoS) and got up to Dranos and gave up there...so maybe we aren't doing too bad :) We did try a Vet Banishing cells and got to Imiril. I think we could have done her if we had more time, but had to stop.

I'm a stam templar WW, tanky/dps kinda build and partner is a stam NB bow/2H. Was definately fun and will continue to try to duo this stuff :)