Console Players, discuss your most amusing experience(s) with Text Chat!

UltimaJoe777
UltimaJoe777
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
And try to keep it proper, no nasty business please :)

As for me, I once saw 2 people wearing the Jester costume dancing in sync at Vulkhel Guard Wayshrine, 1 was like a mini-version of the other lol so in zone chat i said "all people with jester costumes come dance!" and managed to get half a dozen of them :)
Guildmaster of Power With Numbers in PS4 NA Server's Aldmeri Dominion.
Proud Founder of the Yaysay cult! DOWN WITH THE NAYSAY CULT!! #ToxicRemedy
  • J2JMC
    J2JMC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not needing a guild trader to sell stuff in stormhaven.
    Knee Jerk, L2P, Obtuse, Casual, Entitled, All The Best, unnecessary mention of CoD

Battle leveling for pve content defeats the idea of progression. Remove CP

"Apparently the players are more informed than we are"-Richard Lambert

• UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Has no one else on console had anything amusing happen in or because of text chat?
  • Asuryan11
    Asuryan11
    ✭✭✭
    Tagging my striped senche tiger mount with WTS "want to sell" on the xbox one and having 3 people offer me gold and then a text chat war began between people who knew I couldn't sell it and those who had no idea. B)
    Edited by Asuryan11 on September 6, 2016 12:21AM
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nothing really amusing - more slightly annoying really.

Ran a dungeon using group finder on the weekend and one of the DPS kept repeating 'Heal me', 'Heal me' over and over again in text chat so I responded with 'Shut up' at one point. I was not the healer by the way.

Another group finder dungeon and half way through someone went offline. This is usually caused by a disconnection so I always give them a few minutes to come back before thinking about kicking them but straight away someone texts to kick them.

Same with someone who had obviously missed picking up the quest or an NPC they had to speak to and was travelling back through the dungeon. Once again, text chat 'kick them, kick them'.

I think it is just another method of being rude and inconsiderate.
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • bebynnag
    bebynnag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Has no one else on console had anything amusing happen in or because of text chat?

no because its always turned off!

Edited by bebynnag on September 6, 2016 12:36AM
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got called a F****** T*** loser because i called some guy out who was trying to sell alloys for double the price.

Best thing i've seen is some guy saying 'sharpened and penetration is bugged, there is no armour mitigation at the moment so precise is best in slot, it's a new bug. ... Buy my precise sword for only 200k...'

I just laughed.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I got called a F****** T*** loser because i called some guy out who was trying to sell alloys for double the price.

Best thing i've seen is some guy saying 'sharpened and penetration is bugged, there is no armour mitigation at the moment so precise is best in slot, it's a new bug. ... Buy my precise sword for only 200k...'

I just laughed.

I got one that's on par with that: Someone was willing to pay someone to run Maelstrom for him... And he was serious!
  • jarradarab
    jarradarab
    ✭✭✭
    [SNIP]

Edit for inappropriate content
    Edited by ZOS_PeterT on September 6, 2016 9:47PM
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    [SNIP]

Edit for inappropriate content

Don't try to pawn that crap on consoles, every platform has *** and cancerous types lol also let's stay on topic :)
    Edited by ZOS_PeterT on September 6, 2016 9:47PM
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Someone in a trading guild I'm in posted the mind shriven skin. This is the second time he'd had it.

"OMG I'LL BUY IT. 500K"

"I can't sell it"

"WTF? Fine, 1mil"

"lol, I can't"

"Wow man. Thanks for helping a guild member out."

(someone else joined in) "it's bound. He can't trade it"

"no it's not, he's just being a selfish ****"

(someone else again) it's bound you idiot

"no it's not, my friend bought it"

"from the crown store lol"

"no, he said a player"

"he's lieing, he can't.

"well he did, you're all just being ****"

It then popped up he'd been kicked from the guild.

Also, wayrest is always full of idiots spouting crap. Nothing will ever beat the girl asking if someone would run vma for her and she'd send them her dirty knickers. Then 3 guys instantly saying they'd do it haha

• UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Brrrofski wrote: »
    Someone in a trading guild I'm in posted the mind shriven skin. This is the second time he'd had it.

"OMG I'LL BUY IT. 500K"

"I can't sell it"

"WTF? Fine, 1mil"

"lol, I can't"

"Wow man. Thanks for helping a guild member out."

(someone else joined in) "it's bound. He can't trade it"

"no it's not, he's just being a selfish ****"

(someone else again) it's bound you idiot

"no it's not, my friend bought it"

"from the crown store lol"

"no, he said a player"

"he's lieing, he can't.

"well he did, you're all just being ****"

It then popped up he'd been kicked from the guild.

Also, wayrest is always full of idiots spouting crap. Nothing will ever beat the girl asking if someone would run vma for her and she'd send them her dirty knickers. Then 3 guys instantly saying they'd do it haha

Had a similar case in Vulkhel Guard the other day. Someone said they'd buy a Vampire Bite and pay with pics lol
  • FloppyTouch
    FloppyTouch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I typed in zone chat "I like turtles" 1 hour of over 12 ppl talking about turtles and why they are amazing.
  • dan958
    dan958
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wait, what? You can't sell items to players on console, only through guild trader?
    @dan958 - PC/EU - Dannuin - Nightblade - Bosmer - CP982 - For the Queen!
  • Curragraigue
    Curragraigue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dan958 wrote: »
    Wait, what? You can't sell items to players on console, only through guild trader?

You can't sell bound items to people on all platforms.
    PUG Life - the true test of your skill

18 characters, 17 max level, at least 1 Stam and 1 Mag of every class, 1 of every race and 1200+ CP

Tanked to Undaunted 9+ Mag and Stam of every class using Group Finder for 90+% of the Vet Dungeon runs
  • Curragraigue
    Curragraigue
    ✭✭✭✭✭

As for me, I once saw 2 people wearing the Jester costume dancing in sync at Vulkhel Guard Wayshrine, 1 was like a mini-version of the other lol so in zone chat i said "all people with jester costumes come dance!" and managed to get half a dozen of them :)

All of the funny things I have seen in text chat are things that would just be deleted by mods if put on the forum.

18 characters, 17 max level, at least 1 Stam and 1 Mag of every class, 1 of every race and 1200+ CP

Tanked to Undaunted 9+ Mag and Stam of every class using Group Finder for 90+% of the Vet Dungeon runs
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

All of the funny things I have seen in text chat are things that would just be deleted by mods if put on the forum.

Well surely you've seen something amusing that isn't disgusting or too vulgar? I mean hell we get that plenty on these forums lol
  • Curragraigue
    Curragraigue
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well surely you've seen something amusing that isn't disgusting or too vulgar? I mean hell we get that plenty on these forums lol

It is all in Cyrodiil so it is comparisons and where appendages have or should be sort of stuff. Probably more funny knowing the egos attached with the statements which can't really be easily explained here anyway. Let's just call it the lengths (pun intended) people will go to to justify their own self importance.

• TheUrbanWizard
    TheUrbanWizard
    ✭✭✭✭
    Everyone linking their gold gear showing off, me linking a CP150 white voidsteel Greatsword of Shock....well it amused me!
  • FloppyTouch
    FloppyTouch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Someone just a few min ago "wts cp160 silk of the sun sword will post link" then links a fish and asked 800k
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anything @Kammakazi says in zone chat over at Wayrest tends to be hilarious.
  • Thevampirenight
    Thevampirenight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well sometimes zone chat can be very toxic it seems the consoles might have more trolls playing on them. Well pc can get bad but hopefully the trolls on consoles are not worse. But I am sure they are on voice chat.
    PC NA
    Please add Fangs to Vampires.
  • AnviOfVai
    AnviOfVai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mostly the PS4 chat is full of Insults and occasionally you will get that one player who is actually giving out good information in PVP like which side of the castle has an opening ect.

Otherwise the chat is useless and not really worth looking at.
    Edited by AnviOfVai on September 6, 2016 10:06AM
    "I appear at my lord's behest, or perhaps I was always here, and you merely lacked the ability to see me."

PS4 - EU

AD - Pet Sorcerer - Damage Dealer - 160
    DC - Warden - Werewolf - in - progress - 160
    DC - Templar - Tank - 160
    DC - Sorcerer - Damage Dealer - in - progress
    EP - Dragon Knight -Fire Tank - 160
    EP - Nightblade - Damage Dealer - 160

• KingYogi415
    KingYogi415
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I linked my Gold VO neck in chat and someone offered me 50$ to give it to them.

I had a chuckle and told him I would never do that, even if it wasn't bound.
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Well sometimes zone chat can be very toxic it seems the consoles might have more trolls playing on them. Well pc can get bad but hopefully the trolls on consoles are not worse. But I am sure they are on voice chat.

Voice Chat is mainly used for group coordination nowadays I'd say. I could be mistaken but I always leave Area Chat off anyway lol
    Mostly the PS4 chat is full of Insults and occasionally you will get that one player who is actually giving out good information in PVP like which side of the castle has an opening ect.

Otherwise the chat is useless and not really worth looking at.

Yeah I'd imagine Cyrodiil zone chat is as toxic as it gets, but outside of Cyrodiil it's not so bad :)
  • THEDKEXPERIENCE
    THEDKEXPERIENCE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The first day was pretty funny. I kept putting things up like "WTB Wet Gunny Sack" or "WTB Crown" just for my own entertainment. In truth now it's 90% gear links, people looking for group, or people sharing quests. Every now and again you see some nonsense but overall it's been pretty well behaved.
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not really anything amusing to say. But I'll indulge

Sunday night the emperor-ship of a guild mate was threatened in Haderus. I sent out the call to tell him to get out of the Sewers and come back up top to defend the last 4 remaining keeps. By the time he got there, blues gained momentum and pushed really hard towards Alessia where their scroll was. Red was pushing to bottle neck us at Alessia at the same time. So now we're at the last Emp keep.

I had to /yell out enemy sightings quite often in those 3 hours. We had multiple blue 20+ man ball groups stack up on Alessia farm. Thankfully I had experience in this kind of fight. To explain, Alessia's back walls facing the farm are tricky to defend, the blues would stand on top of that hill and fire down siege. I had to coordinate our forces using /yell to help guide them where they needed to repair, since they can hit the 3 walls and flag the keep for their massive army to move in. We had attempts to push up the hill and flank it on the Westside, but those pushes rarely ever work going up those steep hills, you just get burned alive by projectiles. So the best thing to do here, was to repair the walls and harass them the best we could since an all out assault up that hill is suicide.

If you have a huge zerg you're fighting uphill against, you first don't want to let them in. So when they had a big push and broke one wall down I had to call for my group to immediately put up oils 2 on each side of the breach. A group mate and I ran oils on opposite side and we had men standing in the breach shooting arrows, anti-personnel siege, and magic at them through the breach. This fight went out for about 20 minutes and I call for our guys to take care of the guys manning the siege close to the back of where Alessa's Farm ends. The emperor himself pushed out hard, taking out the siege and the rest of AD followed and wiped them out. We had a couple more Skirmishes til well past 12am EST, but when I woke up next morning we still had Emperor.

It felt pretty good to help coordinate that fight, even though I wasn't technically crown or that someone who usually calls the shots. I know from experience just how hard it is to defend Alessia on that side and just knew it was the right time to help out coordinating the effort to keep Emperor. I saw our Emperors Alliance Rank yesterday and I think he got Grand Overlord thanks to keeping Alessia last night. So grats to him.
    Edited by Takes-No-Prisoner on September 6, 2016 3:12PM
  • sekhem
    sekhem
    ✭✭✭
    While I was patiently waiting by a vampire shrine for a free bite someone kept offering bites for a price. When the people around refused he kept trying to trade and typed "trade with me, ill show you how much money i got" Someone asked why that would matter to them but I turned off text chat before I heard the answer. Sorry, that's the best I have. Maybe I will turn it back on if I need some entertainment...hang out at the Daggerfall fountain and dance nekid. :p
    The Dr found that his stars had decayed. Why didn't he keep them in the fridge? lol

PS4 NA dobby_of_doom
    now also PC NA...I have no idea what I'm doing...
  • Violynne
    Violynne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a funny story!

Yesterday, XBox Accessories was finally restored on my console, so I could create a controller configuration for TESO. I added two paddles and button mapped weapon swap and LB.

During testing, I inadvertently put the paddles in the wrong slot, and ended up opening the chat window!

When I stared at the window, I could only think of the dread users have to put up with in using that infernal popup keyboard designed with QWERTY layout, instead of regrouping keys to make it easier for people to access quickly, such as RSTLN and the vowels.

Hell, even that gameshow gives people these letters now.

I know many people can't or don't like using mic headsets when playing, but I was once one of these people too.

I'm never going back to chat on a console until these companies fix the UI, and we all know that's never going to happen.
    Edited by Violynne on September 6, 2016 3:32PM
  • sluice
    sluice
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't have much..

All I keep seeing in the chats are:
    -People trying to sell their crap. (Isn't there a thing called guild traders in this game!?)
    -People showing off their weekly rewards
    -People calling out other people for ganking/killing them
    Not really anything amusing to say. But I'll indulge

Sunday night the emperor-ship of a guild mate was threatened in Haderus. I sent out the call to tell him to get out of the Sewers and come back up top to defend the last 4 remaining keeps. By the time he got there, blues gained momentum and pushed really hard towards Alessia where their scroll was. Red was pushing to bottle neck us at Alessia at the same time. So now we're at the last Emp keep.

I had to /yell out enemy sightings quite often in those 3 hours. We had multiple blue 20+ man ball groups stack up on Alessia farm. Thankfully I had experience in this kind of fight. To explain, Alessia's back walls facing the farm are tricky to defend, the blues would stand on top of that hill and fire down siege. I had to coordinate our forces using /yell to help guide them where they needed to repair, since they can hit the 3 walls and flag the keep for their massive army to move in. We had attempts to push up the hill and flank it on the Westside, but those pushes rarely ever work going up those steep hills, you just get burned alive by projectiles. So the best thing to do here, was to repair the walls and harass them the best we could since an all out assault up that hill is suicide.

If you have a huge zerg you're fighting uphill against, you first don't want to let them in. So when they had a big push and broke one wall down I had to call for my group to immediately put up oils 2 on each side of the breach. A group mate and I ran oils on opposite side and we had men standing in the breach shooting arrows, anti-personnel siege, and magic at them through the breach. This fight went out for about 20 minutes and I call for our guys to take care of the guys manning the siege close to the back of where Alessa's Farm ends. The emperor himself pushed out hard, taking out the siege and the rest of AD followed and wiped them out. We had a couple more Skirmishes til well past 12am EST, but when I woke up next morning we still had Emperor.

It felt pretty good to help coordinate that fight, even though I wasn't technically crown or that someone who usually calls the shots. I know from experience just how hard it is to defend Alessia on that side and just knew it was the right time to help out coordinating the effort to keep Emperor. I saw our Emperors Alliance Rank yesterday and I think he got Grand Overlord thanks to keeping Alessia last night. So grats to him.

That emperor was still in Haderus IC last night.
    I was wondering WTF is an emperor is doing here!? LOL
    That was a first for me : Seeing an Emp in IC.

He also had that Grand Overload title.
    Impressive! (What was less impressive was getting bombed left and right by him)

I can't imagine the amounts of Tel Var he must of made in the last few days...

PSN: sluiceqc (NA-PS4) CP: 551+
    I strictly play on Daggerfall Covenant for when it comes to PvP
    Daggerfall Covenant
    sluice - Orc Sorcerer (50)
    Anýa - Bosmer Nightblade (0..50)

Aldmeri Dominion (PvE only)
    Arýä - Altmer Sorcerer (50)
    Marksar - Breton Templar (50)
    Maksar - Bosmer Nightblade (50)
    sluice - Imperial Dragonknight (0..50) R.I.P.

Ebonheart Pact
    Can't-Heal-Stupid - Argonian Templar (0..50)

#VMATOKENSYSTEM #TRAITCHANGE
    (vMA) drop table and probability
  • CapnPhoton
    CapnPhoton
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What I saw in chat a few days ago:

To the zone: 'I think I just crapped myself brb'

responses from others:

'didnt need to know'
    'ew'
    'tmi'

response from the op: 'sorry was supposed to be a tell'