The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

The Trailer that never was.

ArchMikem
ArchMikem
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AI4dDdw3GCo

If only this had been true. Large scale Siege of the Imperial City, Argonians with armor for their tails. Even if much of this never came to pass it is still thrilling to go back and watch. The Dremora and Xivkyn using captured Imperial siege weapons to defend the city, and it's the PACT that's forming the assault. Makes me just a little patriotic. :p

Really though it's kinda awesome to see the whole Pact army nothing but Nords, Argonians, and Dunmer even though in reality so many players have the Any Race Any Alliance upgrade.

If you want a discussion, then looking at this trailer, what would you guys want in this trailer to actually have been carried over to the final game, and what about the game do you prefer over the trailer's content.
CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Unsent.Soul
    Unsent.Soul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I remember watching the 30 minute cinematic with friends like it was a movie.

I cherished those 30 minutes. I can't complain because it's about as large scale pvp I think console players will get. Only time will tell.
  • luen79rwb17_ESO
    luen79rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On the contrary that's the thing I didn't like at all from that trailer. So many huge efforts to try catering to the Skyrim fanboys. But overall it was a very good cinematic trailer, I enjoyed it.
    PC/DC/NAserver

V16 sorc - V16 temp - V16 dk - V1 nb - V1 temp - V1 dk
  • SolarCat02
    SolarCat02
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will admit, every time I see trailers from this Era of the game development I confuse them with Lord of the Rings. It doesn't feel like an Elder Scrolls game, and it doesn't feel like Elder Scrolls Online at all.
    Why be normal when you can be better?

Elissandra Ravenwing, Magicka Dragonknight Healer
    Lady Kalila, Stamina Templar DPS
    Stands-in-Danger, Nightblade Saptank
    Zalarah, Stamina Dragonknight DPS
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AI4dDdw3GCo

If only this had been true. Large scale Siege of the Imperial City, Argonians with armor for their tails. Even if much of this never came to pass it is still thrilling to go back and watch. The Dremora and Xivkyn using captured Imperial siege weapons to defend the city, and it's the PACT that's forming the assault. Makes me just a little patriotic. :p

Really though it's kinda awesome to see the whole Pact army nothing but Nords, Argonians, and Dunmer even though in reality so many players have the Any Race Any Alliance upgrade.

If you want a discussion, then looking at this trailer, what would you guys want in this trailer to actually have been carried over to the final game, and what about the game do you prefer over the trailer's content.

YES!!!

and so many players and no lag!!!

and spellcrafting - that huge spell produced trough that elf!!!!

• ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SolarCat02 wrote: »
    I will admit, every time I see trailers from this Era of the game development I confuse them with Lord of the Rings. It doesn't feel like an Elder Scrolls game, and it doesn't feel like Elder Scrolls Online at all.

I actually did a Hobbit/Lord of the Rings marathon recently and oh yeah, the trailer definitely feels like those movies. But I guess that's what makes it feel so thrilling. Medieval battles, fantasy races, though in Elder Scrolls Magic is much more widespread as a weapon while in LoTR only Gandalf uses Magic in battle cause he's a Wizard.
  • FortheloveofKrist
    FortheloveofKrist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you expected this game to be anything like that trailer, then you must be new to gaming.

• Unsent.Soul
    Unsent.Soul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you expected this game to be anything like that trailer, then you must be new to gaming.

Debby downer....

I obviously knew this cinematic threw things way out of proportion.
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice assumption.
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We used to have huge battles with no lag ...

There's even an official ZOS video somewhere that we recorded on the PTS (when it was still the super secret Psijic Test Server) during the closed beta.

It was awesomely epic to see several hundred players battle at the same keep.
    And yes, back then you could still see all the effects that were cast by (or on) other players.

All that changed after the PC launch when ZOS implemented their first round of anti-bot "fixes".
    It's been all downhill ever since.
    sad.gif
    Edited by SirAndy on August 31, 2016 10:08PM
  • andreasranasen
    andreasranasen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I wish they kept doing these cinematic trailers for big DLC's. It just adds so much!
    #VMATOKENSYSTEM #WEAPONDYE #TRAITCHANGE #CROWNCRATELOVER
    • Alliance/Platform: Aldemerii - PS4/NA - CP 800+
    • Mag Sorc: Arya Rosendahl - Altmer - Highelf
  • Bonzodog01
    Bonzodog01
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wish we could have had the green whip like skill that the elf uses, picks up enemy soldiers, throwing them high into the air before slamming their broken bodies onto the ground, then uses the same skill to break the large metal chains on the dolmen.

Also, those bridge assault siege weapons used by the breton nightblade are very cool.
    Xbox One - EU - EP/DC
    Trying and failing to hold the walls of his Templar house up since 2015
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bonzodog01 wrote: »
    I wish we could have had the green whip like skill that the elf uses, picks up enemy soldiers, throwing them high into the air before slamming their broken bodies onto the ground, then uses the same skill to break the large metal chains on the dolmen.

Grab an enemy with a magical lash, dealing (x) Magic Damage, and then slam them onto the ground for an additional (x) Physical Damage and Stunning them for (x) seconds.

I like it.
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I would like a costume of that nordic mage tho.
    For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
  • moonio
    moonio
    ✭✭✭✭
    I just want to know what the creatures are at the beginning.. monkey rats? I haven't been to IC yet so have no idea if they live there.
    Also I wish someone could make a Mannimarco character just like the one in the video, that would be awesome!

We have some large scale crazy hectic battles like that on PS4 EU thornblade, its like a party atmosphere in there at the moment :) . although I resent having my cold fire balista taken from me and BURNT! those things are precious, I did turn into one though, with blue flames all over me for about 30mins.. was soo good, I ran around a keep that was being taken, scaring reds and yellows, who just stood staring at me :) ! They should implement that as a skill!!

We definitely need the ability to bring a giant troll/ogre with us as a living siege weapon, it would be great if a team had to capture and harness it first too.. we can only dream...

Its rare that i see an Argonian in Cyrodiil but I would be happy to strap 4 to a chariot and ride into battle that way.. THIS MUST BE IMPLEMENTED!

• ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    moonio wrote: »
    I just want to know what the creatures are at the beginning.. monkey rats? I haven't been to IC yet so have no idea if they live there.

Those are Scamps, theyre common Daedra in the game.
  • ThePaleItalian
    ThePaleItalian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would like a new siege piece...

Scamp launcher :smile:
    Conan, what is good in life?
    Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.

PS4 Screen Name: The_Pale_Italian
    ZweiHandler - Orc DK Tank
    Solstice StormHaven - Magika Sorc
    Oba Nobanaga - Stam NB
  • moonio
    moonio
    ✭✭✭✭
    So.. Expanding on the idea of a troll/ogre as a living siege weapon, the creature should be caught in the Imperial City, harnessed and then brought into Cyrodiil where it can be chained within a factions compound.

The creature would be of use as it can smash through both the inner and outer keep walls in much less time and could also help fight other factions, it would have to be transported to the keep with an army of protectors (much like a scroll) as it can be taken by other factions.

Should the creature die during the assault or failure to feed and water it whilst at an alliance compound, another can be captured in the IC.

ZOS please let me know if you want to go ahead with this idea ;)
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SirAndy wrote: »
    We used to have huge battles with no lag ...

There's even an official ZOS video somewhere that we recorded on the PTS (when it was still the super secret Psijic Test Server) during the closed beta.

It was awesomely epic to see several hundred players battle at the same keep.
    And yes, back then you could still see all the effects that were cast by (or on) other players.

All that changed after the PC launch when ZOS implemented their first round of anti-bot "fixes".
    It's been all downhill ever since.
    sad.gif

I remember this but I remember it a little different . Full raids crashing and server reloads . Good performance for awhile then more system crashes . Launch day was not much different .
  • Mashille
    Mashille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I reckon they should do something like this as a Monthly event in Cyrodiil that lasts a few days. Where they open up the 3 Bridges to Imperial City in the Centre and allow it to be sieged from all sides but also has masses of spawned Daedra and things defending it that you have to fight as well as fighting the other Alliances.

Maybe who ever takes and holds 6 capture points inside the city walls gets a large AP boost or something and some loot. Yes I know IC already has an Interior but you could just make it a separate instance.
    House Baratheon: 'Ours Is The Fury'
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mashille wrote: »
    I reckon they should do something like this as a Monthly event in Cyrodiil that lasts a few days. Where they open up the 3 Bridges to Imperial City in the Centre and allow it to be sieged from all sides but also has masses of spawned Daedra and things defending it that you have to fight as well as fighting the other Alliances.

Maybe who ever takes and holds 6 capture points inside the city walls gets a large AP boost or something and some loot. Yes I know IC already has an Interior but you could just make it a separate instance.

I'm not sure how they would attach IC to Cyrodiil because paid content .
  • Mashille
    Mashille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @Rohamad_Ali

It wouldn't have to be connected to the IC DLC. Just open up the 3 Bridges to the inner island where IC is. Maybe let the walls be siegeable and put some flags behind them or something.

I just think that ESO needs monthly events like that and it would be super awesome :)
    House Baratheon: 'Ours Is The Fury'
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mashille wrote: »
    @Rohamad_Ali

It wouldn't have to be connected to the IC DLC. Just open up the 3 Bridges to the inner island where IC is. Maybe let the walls be siegeable and put some flags behind them or something.

I just think that ESO needs monthly events like that and it would be super awesome :)

Oh ok so you mean a new separate instance of IC above ground in main Cyrodiil area . I would like to see that too . I had no interest in buying IC because mostly PvE when first released .
  • Lumenn
    Lumenn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Been a bit since I watched it but I remember wondering where the warrior in the game was(you're either a hybrid-weapon skills plus some magic- or you're magicka. No viable PURE melee) I mightve missed it but I don't remember the warrior doing magic. But yeah, awesome video.