Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance. https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656543/temporarily-taking-down-the-pts-the-pc-na-live-server

Enchanter writ question

HatTrick39
My enchanter is DC, rank 50 in enchanting and has all the enchanter skills maxed save the runestone finding one. When I do writs, they always want me to make a Strong (level 40-50) armor rune and I am always asked to deliver it in Evermore in Bangkorai. I always receive an rank V enchanter box as a reward which is for level 40-50 as well.

I'm wondering if that is normal because all my other writs that I get for my other maxed out trade skills want me to make cp150 level stuff and deliver it to Orsinium. It doesn't seem like the enchanting writ is working correctly but I'm wondering if someone else can confirm or deny that's how it works for them?
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's strange. Wrots do have some peculiarites but if other hand ins are in Orsinium then it means you are Vet level, and have passed Craglorn.

@Nestor normally understands the writ black magic mumbo best he might know.

Might be bugged, try a skill reset and put the points back in.

(all this assumes you def have 10 points in the passive?)
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • HatTrick39
    Yep, definitely have it maxed out. The character herself is only level 15 and I thought that might be the reason for it. Really hope not, I don't want to level another character up right now but I do want to start getting cp160 surveys.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    HatTrick39 wrote: »
    Yep, definitely have it maxed out. The character herself is only level 15 and I thought that might be the reason for it. Really hope not, I don't want to level another character up right now but I do want to start getting cp160 surveys.

There should not be a level requirement for getting to Wrothgar. However what is happening to you is what should be if you were playing just the base game with no DLCs. In other words, since you have not gone to Coldharbor yet, and your not Vet Rank, your drop offs and writs are going to be scaled to Zone 5, no matter what your rank in Enchanting is.

So, maybe you have not discovered Wrothgar yet. If not, you don't have to do any quests up there, but go to find the Orc woman in your first zone city, the one that says she has been looking for you, take that quest, travel to the wayshrine in Wrothgar and talk to the target NPC to complete the quest. Dont talk about other stuff or you will get another quest, and you won't be able to handle that one at L15. Anyway, once you have done this, walk into Orsinium along the road you talked to the NPC on and discover it. Then see if the writs have you drop things off there.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• HatTrick39
    I will give that a shot, thanks for the advice!
  • smacx250
    smacx250
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My enchanter is DC, rank 50 in enchanting and has all the enchanter skills maxed save the runestone finding one. When I do writs, they always want me to make a Strong (level 40-50) armor rune and I am always asked to deliver it in Evermore in Bangkorai. I always receive an rank V enchanter box as a reward which is for level 40-50 as well.

I'm wondering if that is normal because all my other writs that I get for my other maxed out trade skills want me to make cp150 level stuff and deliver it to Orsinium. It doesn't seem like the enchanting writ is working correctly but I'm wondering if someone else can confirm or deny that's how it works for them?
    Something sure sounds broken - all my enchant writs go to Orsinium. I wouldn't think that "Keen Eye" would have anything to do with the writ levels. I would think that having "Potency" at "10" would be all that is required. Other than double checking that I don't have any ideas.
  • HatTrick39
    Nestor wrote: »

There should not be a level requirement for getting to Wrothgar. However what is happening to you is what should be if you were playing just the base game with no DLCs. In other words, since you have not gone to Coldharbor yet, and your not Vet Rank, your drop offs and writs are going to be scaled to Zone 5, no matter what your rank in Enchanting is.

So, maybe you have not discovered Wrothgar yet. If not, you don't have to do any quests up there, but go to find the Orc woman in your first zone city, the one that says she has been looking for you, take that quest, travel to the wayshrine in Wrothgar and talk to the target NPC to complete the quest. Dont talk about other stuff or you will get another quest, and you won't be able to handle that one at L15. Anyway, once you have done this, walk into Orsinium along the road you talked to the NPC on and discover it. Then see if the writs have you drop things off there.

Ok, I did the Invitation to Orsinium quest and upon finishing it I went to pick up a writ. Still asking for level 40-50 glyphs and deliver them to Bangkorai :(