The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Magic Templar snare help request

davey1107
davey1107
✭✭✭✭✭
Pretty experienced player, used to running stamblade for pvp. Just started running mag Templar. I'm very comfortable with the toon and can compete great in PVE. In pvp though, he gets snared by every single attack. Like every. Single. Attack. I know stam management is an issue. He can't break free fifty times like my other character, so I need to reserve it better. However, when four attacks in a row snare him he's going to deplete his stam.

Im working up shuffle as his primary snare protection. Other skills I should look to?

I'm running Julianos and vicious death plus valkyn. He has good damage, sustain and survivability other than the endless snares. Suggestions?

And for all those mag Templars out there who have complained that these are broken in pvp...I kinda get you now, lol. My sorc's abilities work pretty well in pvp, but the Templar stuff goes sideways on a dime.
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm just working up a magplar myself, but doesn't extended ritual purge snare?
  • THEDKEXPERIENCE
    THEDKEXPERIENCE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Go Vampire. Mist Form solves all of your problems. If the lack of recovery is a problem switch to a resto staff and heavy attack everything.

I've been a magplar the whole time. Mist Form changed my life.
  • Ketarmish
    Ketarmish
    ✭✭
    Sandman929 wrote: »
    I'm just working up a magplar myself, but doesn't extended ritual purge snare?

Yeh it does but when the enemy sees that you purged the snare or dot it will apply it again.
  • Dread_Guy
    Dread_Guy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cleansing ritual removes 5 harmful effects including snares. Its a lot cheaper then purge so it can be spammable and it snarres enemies by 30% if they're within the AoE. If it's still an issue maybe you can invest some red champion points into the ironhide passive in the steed tree. It lowers the duration of snares/fears and other stuff by a %
    "My name is Julius Decimus Heraclius, Guildmaster of the Scions of the Sun, Brigadier of the Covenant Army, loyal servant to the High King Emeric. Brother to a betrayed legion, son to a fallen empire. And I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next." ---Julius Decimus Heraclius (Imperial Templar)
  • Elara_Northwind
    Elara_Northwind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Cleansing ritual does not always remove all types of snares, sometimes you must heal through the pain and hope for the best... :lol:
    Sorcerer, Templar, Wolf Collector, Housing Addict!

GM of Salted Wings Tavern and Salted Wings Housing 🏠🌻

'A House is Built with Boards and Beams, a Home is Built with Love and Dreams'

Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/c/ElaraNorthwind
  • Dread_Guy
    Dread_Guy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SadieJoan wrote: »
    Cleansing ritual does not always remove all types of snares, sometimes you must heal through the pain and hope for the best... :lol:

Well cleansing ritual will help with that too by giving you major mending ;)
    "My name is Julius Decimus Heraclius, Guildmaster of the Scions of the Sun, Brigadier of the Covenant Army, loyal servant to the High King Emeric. Brother to a betrayed legion, son to a fallen empire. And I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next." ---Julius Decimus Heraclius (Imperial Templar)
  • Baconlad
    Baconlad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mist form is your protection...sad but temps and DKs rely on being vampires. At least mag specs do
  • Kas
    Kas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    if you play in groups, make sure someone is using manoeuvre (and maybe use mistform). if you zerg/zergsurf, have mistform. other than that, just stay snared. keep up your "house", purge and heal, have a charge and snare your enemies as well (ritual, vbane, sweeps). if enemies still disengage (especially those rolling liek crazy) just jesus beam and they have to come back to interrupt in meele.
    @bbu - AD/EU
    Kasiia - Templar (AR46)
    Kasiir Aberion - Sorc (AR38)
    Dr Kastafari - Warden (~AR31)
    + many others