Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

The Vicious Serpent Set... Bruh...

Ch4mpTW
Ch4mpTW
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
I have finally obtained all gold jewelry pieces of the Vicious Serpent set (the RNG was kind to me), and have come to what I feel to be a brick wall. Lol. I don't know what body pieces to pair with the head and shoulders. Lmao.

I've no lie been surfing the web for about a good 2-3hrs. trying to decide on a set to pair with it, and I'm stuck between: Nightmother's Gaze, Twice-Born Star, Hunding's Rage, Viper's Sting, and Red Mountain. This is for a stamina-based, Dragonknight, which is also a Redguard. And most likely will be doing content like Veteran Maelstrom Arena and trials every here and there with some guildies. Also daily veteran undaunted pledges.

Edit: Grammar and spelling changes, bruh. Lol.
Edited by Ch4mpTW on August 31, 2016 11:42AM
  • Asmael
    Asmael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm personally using TBS with VO (and maelstrom weapons ofc), since I prefer to have at least 17k health, but also because I'm a fluffy 4-legged meowing thingy (+8% crit chance = better synergy with crit damage).

Second choice would be NMG, since it's an effective boost to all stamina DDs in the raid, only issue I see is that if you run vMA, 16k health on a stam build is quite punishing.
    PC EU - Zahraji of the Void, aka "Kitty", the fluffiest salmon genocider in town.
    Poke @AsmaeI (last letter is uppercase "i") on PC EU or Asmael#9325 on Discord and receive a meow today.
  • Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Asmael wrote: »
    I'm personally using TBS with VO (and maelstrom weapons ofc), since I prefer to have at least 17k health, but also because I'm a fluffy 4-legged meowing thingy (+8% crit chance = better synergy with crit damage).

Second choice would be NMG, since it's an effective boost to all stamina DDs in the raid, only issue I see is that if you run vMA, 16k health on a stam build is quite punishing.

Hm... Very true. Very true indeed.
  • Blakeabutler_Blasius
    In my opinion and experienced for my set up, I would recommend a couple sets as options based on circumstances.

- Nightmother's Gaze
    Highest DPS if solo or in group and no one else is using it to apply the debuff

- Twice Born Star
    Full raid debuffs and optimal War Horn uptime. This set also help with more hp allow veteran content to be more forgiving

- Alkosh
    Highest buff to overall group DPS however use only if your tank does not have it

I run NMS gaze when I do vMA, pugs for dailies, and if I am confident in healers for pug normal trials otherwise I wear TBS for all veteran content.
    Vokundein
    Legend Gaming Website | Join Us
    Blakeabutler, Guild Leader of Vokundein/Elder of Legend Gaming
    Blasius de Buitleir, Dro-m'Athra Destroyer, Former Emperor - Sorcerer
  • Silver_Strider
    Silver_Strider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'd say Nightmother's Gaze, only because it's both helpful for group content and is slightly better than Hunding's Rage as far as damage goes for solo content.

Twice-Born, I feel, is only as useful as it is in Trial settings and on the rare PvP group that actually know how to coordinate. Viper's Sting, while incredibly powerful on its own doesn't help much in group play, same for Red Mountain.
    Argonian forever
  • peniku8
    peniku8
    ✭✭✭
    I run TBS along with my VO (Khajit), 7 med in trials and one heavy chest piece for MSA to boost myself to 18k hp.
    Got my flawless conqueror with that yesterday, was running Red Mountain before (it was a bit painful with only 16k hp although RM had the better dps output in the arena).
    For trials, TBS outputs more dps, for single target boss fights you'd ideally switch out two VO pieces for Velindreth (for AOE too but that could be quite hard to sustain but you're a Redguard, so just try it out).
    Leader of the Akatosh Imperium, Guildmaster of

Traders of the Ebonheart
    Pact Veteran Trade
    Pact Veteran Trade II

Ambassador of the
    Knights of Akatosh

PC EU
    HODOR
    Youtube
    Flawless Conqueror - Ophidian Overlord - Boethia's Scythe, I want an achievement for having 500k dps!
  • Jaronking
    Jaronking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Their no point of you using VO right now @Ch4mpTW minor slayer is broken on both PS4 and Xbox so your 3 piece is useless.
  • Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jaronking wrote: »
    Their no point of you using VO right now @Ch4mpTW minor slayer is broken on both PS4 and Xbox so your 3 piece is useless.

I know, but I'm talking about once it's fixed (in however many weeks or months that may be from now)...
  • Wrecking_Blow_Spam
    Wrecking_Blow_Spam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But the glorious 5 piece isn't broken. Which is the reason most use/want it.
    Xbox one EU
    8 Flawless conquerors on all class specs (4 stam, 4 magicka)
    Doesn't stand in red
  • kojou
    kojou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I run it with Black Rose in PvP and with TBS in PvE. Mostly because of the additional health and stamina.

NMG seems like to much of a compromise (no health or stamina) for the extra DPS. Agility seems like a better set to pair NMG with.

I wouldn't pair with alkosh because of the redundant slayer bonuses.
    Playing since beta...
  • SublimeSparo
    SublimeSparo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minor slayer is working in vMA, I usually run TBS, but tried NMG yesterday seems just as good if not better, hard to tell though as it was a very laggy run
    Edited by SublimeSparo on August 31, 2016 3:21PM
    PS4 EU CP900. PS4 NA CP600,
    vAA HM ☆ vHRC HM ☆ vSO HM ☆ vMOL
    4th Console vMOL clear,
    vMA cleared on all classes stam & magic

My Tribe
    EU
    High Sparo - Altmer - mSo DD.
    Wood Sparo - Bosmer - sNB DD
    Nord Sparo - Nord -sDK DD/Tank.
    Bubble Girl - Imperial -sTe DD
    Succubus Sue - Breton - mNB Tank.
    Andrana Stormlock - Altmer - mTe Healer/ DD
    Elvali Marvani - Dunmer - mDK DD.
    Venemus Draconem - Redguard - sDK DD
    Jayri Leki - Redguard - sSo DD.
    Miss Jabsalot - Altmer - mTe PvP DD/ Tank
    Mireli Hlaano - Dunmer - mNB DD.
    Ms Shanks - Redguard - sNB DD/ le bank

NA
    Dilemma Dame - Altmer - mDK DD
    Stamsorc Kitty - Redguard - sSor DD
    Aia Draconis - Imperial - sDK Tank
    Decides-Who-Lives - Argonian - mTe Healer
    You wont stop me - Altmer - mSo DD
    Stab in the dark - Khajiit - sNB DD
    Jabjabjab Beambeambeam - Dunmer - mTe DD
    Spatium Auxiliarus - Imperial - hTe Tank&bank
    Spectre - Altmer - mNB DD
    Can't-Main-Tank -Argonian - sDK offTank
  • s7732425ub17_ESO
    s7732425ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The 5 piece set bonus is downright game-changing.
  • SunBro
    SunBro
    ✭✭
    Just run VO and the rest naked you don't need any other gear :P
  • DRXHarbinger
    DRXHarbinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

But it doesn't proc on boss adds. If you get no xp you get no stam return or speed buff. It's actually quote useless that 5th perk in trials. I swap out for boss fights and go from 5vo+5tbs to 3vo,5tbs, 1pc Kena and 1pc blood spawn.

Prime example is overfiend. You'll be out of stam within 30s. No xp from any add.
    PC Master Race

1001CP
    8 Flawless Toons, all Classes.
    Master Angler
    Dro-M'artha Destroyer (at last)
    Tamriel Hero
    Grand Overlord
    Every Skyshard
    Down With BOP!
  • Autolycus
    Autolycus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd say that it depends very much on what your group is running. Every "ideal" trials group should include a healthy war horn rotation, Infallible Aether, SPC, Alkosh, Sunderflame, Night Mother, and potentially a couple others, but those are the core buff/debuff sets. Of those, the only ones that you would consider running as a stam build would be Alkosh, Sunderflame, and Night Mother. If all three of these are already present in your trials group, then wear TBS with your VO. If any of them are missing, then be the hero that runs it!
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    TBS for trials if no one is running NMG. Thief and Shadow mundus.

Hundings for solo (I use TBS anyway though)
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade