The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Is it best to wear all sturdy, or put infused on the big pieces for tanking?

FrostFallFox
FrostFallFox
✭✭✭✭
Totes new to tanking and stuff :o
\(^-,,-^)/
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I use Sturdy gear along with 75 points in Shadow Ward, cost of Blocking is super low! Course I MIGHT be overdoing it but oh well lol
    Edited by UltimaJoe777 on August 31, 2016 6:14AM
    Guildmaster of Power With Numbers in PS4 NA Server's Aldmeri Dominion.
    Proud Founder of the Yaysay cult! DOWN WITH THE NAYSAY CULT!! #ToxicRemedy
  • FrostFallFox
    FrostFallFox
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yah, I put 75 into shadow ward as well for the treasure hunter passive :)
    \(^-,,-^)/
  • Synfaer
    Synfaer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I put infused & tri-stat glyphs on head,chest & legs. The rest is sturdy with stam glyphs + block enchant on jewellery.
    Edited by Synfaer on August 31, 2016 6:30AM
  • Dubhliam
    Dubhliam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Synfaer wrote: »
    I put infused & tri-stat glyphs on head,chest & legs. The rest is sturdy with stam glyphs + block enchant on jewellery.

Have you considered Reinforced on chest piece?
    Or do you think Infused is better?
    >>>Detailed Justice System Concept thread<<<
  • Vangy
    Vangy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I run reinforced on most pieces with infused for hakeijo pieces. Like 4/3 or 5/2 depending on situation. Puts me nicely at resist cap with buffs. Also I run triple shield play enchants and 50 pts in shadow ward to help with block. Being a stam DK, I also run tava's favour with 2 bloodspawn and 5 dragon. Battle roar + ult gen from earthen heart allows me to both perma block and toss out warhorns back to back likka boss.
    (2)V16 Dk- stam dps/stam tank/mag dps
    (2)V16 Sorc- mag dps/stam dps
    (2)V16 nb- stam dps/mag dps
    (1)v16 temp- mag tank/mag dps
    CP: 610 and counting

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates! Viva la revolutionz
  • hrothbern
    hrothbern
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Totes new to tanking and stuff :o

If you intend to do a lot of blocking, it is a blessing when you do not need to look all the time at your Stamina pool , so you can focus on your tank role.

75 in shadow ward is a must I think if your account has the CP's.
    tri-stat armor enchants also (once your charachter reaches level 50)
    20% blocking cost reduction from dodge (Evasion) is very, very comfortable (as NB from blur, as DK from Hist Bark or MA Evasion ability)

On topic
    If you do above, it still makes sense to put at least for the minor pieces Sturdy on it, and for the bigger pieces I would still recommend it !
    Because you will have less pressure to use block Jewelry enchants and can use them for Magicka cost saving

Depending on the kind of fight you can now swap between several Jewelry options:
    1. against many mobs hitting you: more block cost saving Jewelry
    2. against one or few mobs/boss: more Magicka cost reduction for more utility support to your group
    3. against one or few mobs when SOLO: more Magicka cost reduction or even Spell Damage for casting more and stronger abilities.

Edited by hrothbern on August 31, 2016 8:23AM
    "I still do not understand why I followed the advice of Captain Rana to bring the villagers of Bleakrock into safety. We should have fought for our village and not have backed down, with our tail between our legs. Now my home village is in shambles, the houses burning, the invaders feasting.I swear every day to Shor that after Molag Bal has been defeated, I will hunt down the invaders and restore peace in Bleakrock and drink my mead with my friends at the market place".PC-EU
  • Peekachu99
    Peekachu99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Personally, I find permablock tanks are boring as watching paint dry to play. You have almost no options outside of group content and your TTK (time to kill) is total crap. Shadow Ward, well every CP investment, tends to have steeply diminishing returns after a 50 pt investment. Even worse after 75--so it's good you stop there but even still a bit of a waste. Those 25 points could be better spent in actual ability cost reduction or in buffing regen.

Really there are much more interesting tanking builds once you're comfortable with the basics of threat control, mitigation and CC. With decent sustain you can use bone shield (morphed for damage) or the Blazing Shield (class dependant, obviously). That provides active mitigation, rather than passive. Someone mentioned Hajeko runes, and tri builds are tremendous fun once you're at CP cap and can play around with points.

The meta around tanking is quite fluid. Only hardy and elemental defender, which no one seems to have mentioned, are the obvious and clear "must haves".
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Peekachu99 wrote: »
    Personally, I find permablock tanks are boring as watching paint dry to play. You have almost no options outside of group content and your TTK (time to kill) is total crap. Shadow Ward, well every CP investment, tends to have steeply diminishing returns after a 50 pt investment. Even worse after 75--so it's good you stop there but even still a bit of a waste. Those 25 points could be better spent in actual ability cost reduction or in buffing regen.

Really there are much more interesting tanking builds once you're comfortable with the basics of threat control, mitigation and CC. With decent sustain you can use bone shield (morphed for damage) or the Blazing Shield (class dependant, obviously). That provides active mitigation, rather than passive. Someone mentioned Hajeko runes, and tri builds are tremendous fun once you're at CP cap and can play around with points.

The meta around tanking is quite fluid. Only hardy and elemental defender, which no one seems to have mentioned, are the obvious and clear "must haves".

As FrostFallFox pointed out I honestly could've gone for 100 Shadow Ward myself but did not because 75 is plenty and worth it for Treasure Hunter, as well as how much block cost reduction you get. Also I can totally understand how people can find tanks boring and for sure my tank, as a pure health build, can take hits like a boss but takes a good while to dish them out. I'm fine with this though, and still manage to get by.

The enjoyment I get out of using my tank comes from how easily he can take hits from tough enemies :) Sometimes it's a little TOO easy though...
    Edited by UltimaJoe777 on August 31, 2016 4:27PM
    Guildmaster of Power With Numbers in PS4 NA Server's Aldmeri Dominion.
    Proud Founder of the Yaysay cult! DOWN WITH THE NAYSAY CULT!! #ToxicRemedy